• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
  • I put it on my Platinum game
    it was on my friend's Diamond, and he didnt\'t want it and was restarting so he gave it to me

Is it one of the Movie 08 Shaymin? Because I've tried it before w/ a non-movie shaymin, and it didn't work. Then a I got a movie shaymin and I got the flower.

Years
  • To get the Gracidea Flower, you need to have an Event (Movie/Toys 'R Us) Shaymin in your party when you talk to her. Was the Shaymin from an Event? A good indicator of that would be that it has a Classic Ribbon.

Years
  • Since there is no Classic Ribbon, it is not an event Shaymin and won't work. In addition, I think it's fair to say that it's probably hacked or obtained by hacking the event for it. Chances of it being from the recent Oak's Letter Event are Slim since it's only in Japan at the moment so unless your friend's friend has a copy of JP Plat...

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
  • Is there any exact method to hatching eggs quickly?

Depends on exactly what you mean. Do you mean like doing the entire process faster, or just hatching eggs? I'll tell you all the things that speed up the entire process.

If your lead poké has Magma Armor or Flame Body, the number of steps you need to take to hatch a poké will decrease by 45%, in other words it will take 55% of the steps it normally takes.

What kind of species of pokés you use as parents will help determine how fast the game creates eggs. From highest compatibility to lowest (how fast the game will create an egg):
    Highest
    Same species, different ID nos. and SID nos. (from different games): "The two seem to get along very well." The chance of getting an egg is 69.3%

Same species, from the same game OR Different species, same egg group, from different games: "The two seem to get along." The chance of getting an egg is 49.5%
    Lowest
    Different species, same egg group, same game: "The two don't seem to like each other." The chance of getting an egg is 19.8%

Different egg group (regardless of whether or not they are from the same game): "The two prefer to play with other pokémon than each other." In other words, they will not breed.

Bulbapedia said:
    When there are two compatible Pokémon in the Daycare, for every 256 steps that the player takes, the game will decide whether or not the old man has found an egg, with chances depending on the exact compatibility of the two Pokémon.

That quote above provides some handy info from Bulbapedia, and the percentages above the quote are in correlation with the quote.

Now, that may not be the exact answer to the question that you were asking, so I'll try to answer what you may have wanted me to answer.

Each individual species of pokémon has a number of cycles it will take to hatch from an egg. Each cycle is 255 steps, and the number of cycles for an individual species can be checked on the Bulbapedia page of said species.

Common sense tells you that obviously you're going to want to use the path from The Café Cabin all the way down to the Hallowed Tower, but I also have a technique that I use. I don't hatch all the eggs as soon as I get them. Rather, I ride my bicycle up and down the aforementioned path until I have received all of my eggs. Then, I store the eggs in my PC and repeat the process until I have about 50 eggs (since you have a lead pokémon, 50 eggs should be 10 "runs". I then proceed to do a mass hatching. If my time-keeping ability is on track, I believe that process is a little faster.

Be aware, other than the quote from Bulbapedia, all of this information was either from my head or from notes I had already taken on my computer, so take this for what it is. However, do not fret, all my information should be correct.

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
  • The first time you go into the basement of a Pokémon Center, you should be forced to interact with a woman. She will explain the whole shpeel of Wi-Fi interaction, and then she will give you your Pal Pad, a Key Item. If you go to your Key Items pouch, and select Pal Pad, you should see three options. Those options are: Check Friend Roster, which allows you to see the people you have already registered and check your records with those people, Register Friend Code, which allows you to register new friends (the option you're looking for), and [Player]'s Friend Code, which shows you your own friend code. The first time you go on Wi-Fi, it will store your friend code, and set up your game to your DS.

EDIT: Nope, not beaten. I have a better answer ;p

Johnny590

It's cute how you think I care
    Years
  • Hey guys, I wanted to know what water type you guys recommend to catch that is NOT Buizel/Floatzel?

I'm playing Platnium and I want it to be different from my Diamond, even though I have 2 pokemon in my party I have in Diamond, I want to have both versions with different parties at least.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
  • Since there is no Classic Ribbon, it is not an event Shaymin and won't work. In addition, I think it's fair to say that it's probably hacked or obtained by hacking the event for it. Chances of it being from the recent Oak's Letter Event are Slim since it's only in Japan at the moment so unless your friend's friend has a copy of JP Plat...

Exactly I got my Shaymin with a classic ribbon from the event at gamestop on the release date of platinum here in europe, it is Movie11 as ot, I also got another shaymin on the gts but only the one from the event could turn into skyforme

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
  • Hey guys, I wanted to know what water type you guys recommend to catch that is NOT Buizel/Floatzel?

I'm playing Platnium and I want it to be different from my Diamond, even though I have 2 pokemon in my party I have in Diamond, I want to have both versions with different parties at least.
    Shellos->Gastrodon works a while, but you should really take your time catching a Feebas->Milotic.
    Piplup->Empoleon is fantastically strong Special Sweeper, and can also be a great Tank.
    If you want to switch Pokémon when you are at a medium level(i prefer catching all my Pokés at low level, and dislike catching Hi-level Pokés), you can catch a Tentacool->Tentacruel.

In my (now stolen) Pearl, i had a so non-standard team i could:
    Infernape
    Milotic
    Crobat
    Luxray
    Roserade
    Sudowoodo

Milotic with an Egg-ed Hypnosis, Recover, Surf and Ice Beam, while holding a Leftovers, can be extremely hard to take out.

Johnny590

It's cute how you think I care
    Years
  • I'm gonna go with Milotic, but If im not mistaken it takes a while to catch a Feebas in Platinum, right?

And, I forgot to mention, I picked Turtwig as my starter so that excludes the Piplup family. xD

I wanted to go with Shellos/Gastrodon but I didn't want two part ground pokemon in my team, already having Grotle who eventually will evolve into Torterra.

It's either Feebas or maybe a Remoraid/Octillery.

Still don't know what water type I'm gonna get, but I do know I plan on catching a Houndour, and I just caught a Medidite whom I plan on sticking with as well.

x)

Last edited:

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
  • Wheres the monotype challenge thread

Dude, just check the threads in the D/P/Pt sub-forum. It should be on the first or second page.

Hey guys, I wanted to know what water type you guys recommend to catch that is NOT Buizel/Floatzel?

It doesn't really matter which one you pick, as all of them have their strengths and weaknesses, but I personally like Gyarados. His typing gives him plenty of resistances and an immunity, and as a DDdos he can rip a team apart.

Exactly I got my Shaymin with a classic ribbon from the event at gamestop on the release date of platinum here in europe, it is Movie11 as ot, I also got another shaymin on the gts but only the one from the event could turn into skyforme

That's presumably because the other Shaymin is hacked, unless it's Japanese, or was caught using Tweaking.

JJAttacker

None Shall Pass
    Years
  • a quick question

i was wondering whether i should trade all my Pokemon on diamond to platinum or platinum to diamond

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    It's up to you I would trade them to Platinum but like the people before me have said it's up to you.

Back