• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
  • hey u guys and yes i cheat my platinum game with the action replay ds but i refuse to cheat legendaires i got giratina fair and square... Anyway if u feed your pokemon rare candies do they learn moves and evolve and does it go to there max hp or does it not? cuz i was told if u feed ur pokemon rare candies they wont be as strong in hp.

They will not be as strong as trained Pokemon in any stat, not just HP. To remedy this, use vitamins (Calcium, etc) or train them and then rare candy after they gain all of their EVs.

Would it be possible to trade a Member Card from the Platinum WiFi event over to Diamond? A few of my friends have Platinum and they're off catching Darkrai while I'm feeling jipped. xD

Unfortunately, no.

Slow computer, go. >:C

Kleinchen

boldly going
    Years
    • CA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2013
    Where is the best place to EV train for Attack? I'm having some trouble finding a place with a large amount of Pokemon that give Attack EVs, so hopefully there's a better place that I haven't thought of yet :p

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
    Years
  • I have a question about the Battle Hall in the Battle Frontier.

Are you allowed to switch pokemon, while going on a battle?

I mean,

Adamant Salamance but then after some other battles, a Modest Salamance

Years
  • Where is the best place to EV train for Attack? I'm having some trouble finding a place with a large amount of Pokemon that give Attack EVs, so hopefully there's a better place that I haven't thought of yet :p

In D/P you can find Gyarados on Route 229 using Super Rod. The encounter rate is 100% and it gives you 2 Atk EVs.
    There should be such places in Platinum as well, but I don't know where right now. Check out Serebii.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Where is the best place to EV train for Attack? I'm having some trouble finding a place with a large amount of Pokemon that give Attack EVs, so hopefully there's a better place that I haven't thought of yet :p

A great place to EV train for Attack is Route 212. In Route 212, there is both Kricketune and Bibarel which is useful as they both help you in Attack. In Route 202 you can get EV's in Attack from Shinx, but I would reccomend Kricketune and Bibarel as they give you 2 EV's instead of 1 from Shinx.

Years
  • HOW DO YOU GET IN THE DISORTION WORLD IN PLATINUM

I NEED 2 KNOW NOW!!!

MUST KNOW . . .
    MUST KNOW . . .
    MUST KNOW . . .
    MUST KNOW . . .
    MUST KNOW . . .
    MUST KNOW . . .
    MUST KNOW . . .

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • You need to have beaten the 7th gym. Get to spear pillar, Dialga and Palkia will awake and Giratina will be there, a portal opens up which leads to the distortion world.

Years
  • I've been soft resetting for a Darkrai all morning and I ran into this:

Darkrai
    Quirky

31/11/15/25/17/27

The IVs are in the PERFECT place but the Nature is a bummer I need some advice should I keep resetting or just keep this one and deal with the nature?

P.S. I'm going for a Timid natured one so ya....please let me know guys I won't be turning off my game until I get a second opinion =)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I've been soft resetting for a Darkrai all morning and I ran into this:

Darkrai
    Quirky

31/11/15/25/17/27

The IVs are in the PERFECT place but the Nature is a bummer I need some advice should I keep resetting or just keep this one and deal with the nature?

P.S. I'm going for a Timid natured one so ya....please let me know guys I won't be turning off my game until I get a second opinion =)

In my opinion, if you would prefer to get the best results out of your Darkrai, then I suggest you keep soft resetting for the right nature and perfect IVs of your choice. Of course, you can stick with this nature, but the outcome at the end wouldn't be as best as it would be with good IVs and being a Timid nature.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2009
    Wi-fi trades?

Can anyone explain how to do a user-to-user trade? No, I do not mean with the GTS. Please help...

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • In my opinion, a correct nature is often better than good IVs.

At the higher end, IVs will affect stats more than Natures (but this really only ends up seriously affecting powerhouses with huge stats, e.g. Rampy's ATK and Shuckle's DEF; not to say it doesn't affect lower levels at all, though).

Druid

she's not anyone...
    Years
  • You have to go to a Pokemon Center, and in the basement they will give you a pal pad. In your key items, use the pal pad and it will say your friend code, and then you can register others. After you have registered somebody and they have registered you, go to the person who is beside the swing door in the basement of the pokemon center talk to them, and enter wifi connection. (WIFI settings can be set on the screen where you choose to start a new game or continue playing) Then, you basically select trade or you click on the person you are trading with if they have selected trade. Hope that helped.

Divine~Deoxys

I read in the Sinnoh Journey Journal v.2 thread that gym leaders etc. visit your villa in Platinum. How do you get that to happen? The only place i find them is Buck's house.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I read in the Sinnoh Journey Journal v.2 thread that gym leaders etc. visit your villa in Platinum. How do you get that to happen? The only place i find them is Buck's house.

In order for Gym Leaders and other people to visit you, you have to buy certain items. I believe when you buy plants, Gardenia comes along into your villa, with the Piano item, Cynthia comes over and so forth. I am not so sure if some people around without you having to buy an item, but I know for sure that when you buy a certain item for your villa, one person from the game you know will come over.

Divine~Deoxys

thanks. i think someone should come over when u get the music box.it's just awesome,

but either that's wrong or my game is ****tarded.

Rival visited when i got the table.
    Noone came when i got the shelves

latios09

Super Event Trader
    Years
  • After seeing team galactic at stark mountain, they go of to the distortion world to find cyrus. Do they ever come back into the storyline?

Plus, how can I get the shokotan pichu? If I can't, can someone trade me it? (I'll post that in the quick trade thread.)

Back