• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Nudge

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    Heyy does anyone know/can anyone tel me if its possible to catch Smeargle in D/P/Pt at all?
    If it is whereabouts can u catch it?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Heyy does anyone know/can anyone tel me if its possible to catch Smeargle in D/P/Pt at all?
    If it is whereabouts can u catch it?

Yes, it is possible to catch Smeargle wild in DPPt. However, you are going to need to have your National Pokédex of course, and you'll need your pokéradar. If you do have those things, you'll need to go to Route 212 North. There you will find Smeargle, but as you might know, you won't be able to find it right away as other pokémon could appear too with the pokéradar.

Nudge

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    Yes, it is possible to catch Smeargle wild in DPPt. However, you are going to need to have your National Pokédex of course, and you'll need your pokéradar. If you do have those things, you'll need to go to Route 212 North. There you will find Smeargle, but as you might know, you won't be able to find it right away as other pokémon could appear too with the pokéradar.

Awesome, thank u very much, i just went and caught one lol

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2011
    Newbie EV question:

I have a level 65 Charizard. Is it too late to Ev train it? Also, which categories should I Ev train it in? I'm assuming Special Attack.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2011
    No, it's not. It's only late if it's Level 100.

And should be trained in Sp. Atk. and Speed, for a fast Special Sweeper.

Thanks! ;)

When using vitamins, should I give the Charizard 10 calcium and 10 carbos?

jolteon.

asdfasdfasdf
    Years
  • Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

First of all, what's it's nature? If it's not a good nature (preferably modest/timid, I believe.) then I'd suggest you breed a Charmander instead. (Unless you're attached to this Charizard.)
    Yes.
    10 Calcium= 100 Sp. Atk EVs.
    10 Carbos= 100 Speed EVs.

For a special sweeper, you usually want 252 Sp. Atk/252 Spe/6 something else. I usually just put it on HP.

~~If your Charizard was trained up to level 65, and not rare candied, then you'll need some EV reducing berries.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2011

First of all, what's it's nature? If it's not a good nature (preferably modest/timid, I believe.) then I'd suggest you breed a Charmander instead. (Unless you're attached to this Charizard.)
    Yes.
    10 Calcium= 100 Sp. Atk EVs.
    10 Carbos= 100 Speed EVs.

For a special sweeper, you usually want 252 Sp. Atk/252 Spe/6 something else. I usually just put it on HP.

~~If your Charizard was trained up to level 65, and not rare candied, then you'll need some EV reducing berries.

It's a serious nature. It's not so much that I'm attached to it, but more that it's stats are good (I think) for a lv. 66 (just leveled -_-).

HP: 202 ATK: 144 DEF: 141 SP. ATK: 185 SP. DEF: 144 SPEED: 173

No it wasn't rare candied. :/

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
  • Then you'll need to reduce it's EVs by using those berries that says "Raises Friendship but also lowers base (STAT)" where STAT is the stat that is EV Reduced.
    Also, you should breed for a charmander with a good nature, and then EV train it, since a Lv. 66 Poké will take a lot of berries before it's back to 0...

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2009
    Pal Park Problems

Hi Guys,

I Have a problem maybe one of your clever people could lend a hand.
    I have a DSi, I brought pokemon platinum. However, when I found about about the pal park I brought pokemon leaf green and got 7 pokemon on that. Then I borrowed a friends original DS, I put the GBA cartridge in the bottom, platinum in the top. When I got to the pal park I was confused when the guy at the station said that there was not enough pokemon to stock. This confused me so I went into leaf green from the DS menu and my leaf greed game had been deleted!?? Thinking this was a error I played leaf green from the beginning again until I had more pokemon. When I went back to the pal park on platinum they guy said I didn't have enough pokemon still. I went back to leaf green and my game had been deleted again!!!!
    Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas if it's the leaf green cartridge or would it be the DS? Or even a dodgy platinum cartridge. Any help would be fantastic.

MiniEggs

Working On Something Spritey.
    Years
  • Dunno. It's probably the Leaf Green card. That happened to my brother when he used his poor sapphire with his shiny electrike. :(

Years
  • Hi Guys,

I have a DSi, I brought pokemon platinum. However, when I found about about the pal park I brought pokemon leaf green and got 7 pokemon on that. Then I borrowed a friends original DS, I put the GBA cartridge in the bottom, platinum in the top. When I got to the pal park I was confused when the guy at the station said that there was not enough pokemon to stock. This confused me so I went into leaf green from the DS menu and my leaf greed game had been deleted!?? Thinking this was a error I played leaf green from the beginning again until I had more pokemon. When I went back to the pal park on platinum they guy said I didn't have enough pokemon still. I went back to leaf green and my game had been deleted again!!!!
    Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas if it's the leaf green cartridge or would it be the DS? Or even a dodgy platinum cartridge. Any help would be fantastic.

From the continue screen, did you hit "Migrate from LeafGreen"?

bluecat

just another day
    Years
  • Hi Guys,

That's weird. O_o

You left the pokemon you wanted to migrate in your PC box right? They can't be on your team, they have to be in the boxes. I guess you would have had to since you said 7 pokemon...

That's the only thing I can think of...well that and you did select Migrate from the menu when you start your game (where you select your save file) first correct?

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    D/P/Pt are programmed to delete the data of the GBA game if it detects that it's a pirate copy. Try getting an original copy of LeafGreen; yours appears to be fake.

EDIT: I know it's a bit old, but Gymnotide, Alexstrasza isn't saying that the probability compiles. If you do 1000 battles, you obviously have a higher chance of one of the being shiny that if you only do 1 battle, right? The figures he gave are for at least one of those battles giving a shiny.
    Oh, and the probability for legendaries and other wild Pokemon is 1/8192 in all games; it's never changed. The only exception is if you use the Poke Radar, where the chance increases the higher your chain.

Years
  • Umm, so I soft-resetted for an awesome XD Togepi with Serene Grace and 30 IVs in Special Attack and Speed. I was EV training it on my Diamond when it evolved. When it turned into Togetic, its ability changed into Hustle. D: What happened and is there any way for me to stop its ability from changing? :C

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
  • Have you used an AR on that game?
    The game seems to have changed the Ability Group(there's a word for that, but i can't remember what...) of it so that it assumed that it should be Hustle but there was something wrong and corrected it :(
    Happens sometimes when you cheat...

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Colosseum/XD don't generate the nature the same way as the other Pokemon games (by PID). When it evolved into Togetic, Diamond recalculated its ability, and made it Hustle instead. There's nothing you can do about it, short of evolving it into Togetic in a 3rd gen game and using it in UU...

Years
  • groudonlover: No, I don't have AR.

Wichu: Aww man, that really sucks. D: Well, thanks for helping me clear that up...
    At least I managed to get some other good Pokemon out of the darned game. xD;

Confuse

the points never matter
    Years
  • For the Vs. Seeker, I'm pretty sure to have refightable trainers max out their Pokemon's levels, your Pokemon have to be at the same levels.

Is it true that once you meet the level requirement, you must fight the trainers several times before they max out levels? I must've fought a trainer 15 times, but they haven't maxed out levels yet.

Foot

I'm creating a Pokemon Sun and Moon Comic!
    Years
  • Yo! I havn't been on this forum for a loooooooong time, and I just wanted 2 know what happened 2 the WiFi Trade thread? That, and if any of my old pals still hangin around here? Peace

Back