• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
Years
  • It seems that I still cannot get onto the same route as Mesprit

I am not running or riding my bike or flying and everytime I go to start towards It's direct, It warps again.

GAH.

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
  • It moves almost completely at random(and every time you re-zone), so the only way of catching it is by sheer luck.

Just stand somewhere and keep re-zoning, after a while you will learn the way it moves and you will if you just try long enough get on the same route.

I usually stand in Jubilife, since i know large parts of it's movement sheme, i'll just stand in Jubilife where you can reach three other routes, and guess which route it will get to next.

If you fail this, just retry. It takes some practice.

Gimmepienow

Man-Eating Diglett!
    Years
  • I'm having trouble with my Wi-Fi on my Platinum. After only being online for 30 seconds I'm kicked off. Although when I playing other games on my DS, the Wi-Fi works fine. I even tried with my other DS and I encounter the same problem. So anyone know what's going on?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    That started to happen with me.But my DS cartridge slot broke. And, like you, everything else works on wi-fi fine.

Just keep trying, i found it gradually gets better after deteriorating

Years
  • What's the easiest and quickest way to level to 100?

I'm wondering what the best way is to level to 100 after you unlock the more powerful version of Sinnoh's elite four. As in, which trainers will give you the most experience for the least amount of battle time.

Minus any experience boosting items such as exp. share or lucky egg, what do you guys think is the fastest way to do it? I'm kind of sick of fighting the elite four over and over again to watch the same pointless cutscenes over and over again.

So, any ideas?

Years
  • Why does this question look so familiar? ...

Anyway, in Diamond and Pearl, I like to battle Ace Trainer Ariana on Route 228. She has a high level Blissey which is always good for experience. Dunno about Platinum though.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Can you breed Ditto with 2 other Dittos?

Nope. You can only catch Ditto, not breed. Ditto may be found on Route 218 via PokeRadar (Diamond/Pearl) or in the Trophy Garden via interacting with Mr Backlot (Platinum).

Or you can Palpark a Ditto.

If you have 2 Ditto, I do not see why you need more.. ;P

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
  • I went to the resort area and there was this guy speaking in different languages. He said he would upgrade my Pokedex so that I could read Pokedex entries in other languages. what did he mean and how do i do this?

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
    Years
  • I went to the resort area and there was this guy speaking in different languages. He said he would upgrade my Pokedex so that I could read Pokedex entries in other languages. what did he mean and how do i do this?

If you receive a pokemon from a foreign game, you can now read its pokedex entry in its own language in your game.

Syrex

Years
  • I'm currently building my battle team and I just have a few questions.

What would the 2 strongest DARK type moves be and would item should I give my Weavile?

Also, I'm currently grinding a Scizor to 100 also, what would be an item to give him as well?
    and... What would the recommended natures be?

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
  • The 3 (Yes, 3) Strongest Dark-type moves are Sucker Punch, Dark Pulse and Crunch, all with a base power of 80. For Weavile, you could try Expert Belt, Life Orb or Focus Sash.

Prefered item for Scizor is Life Orb, but sometimes Lum Berry works for me. And natures for Weavile and Scizor should be Jolly and Adamant, respectively.

Syrex

Years
  • OK, I'll get right on that :D

Thank you!

Is there an easy way to get a ditto?

I got a lot of breeding to do :P
    I tried changing the calendar date to see if the guy says it'll appear in pokemon mansion but it did not change

is there any other way to get a ditto besides trading?

Last edited:

CYC

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2009
    can i ask here regarding perfect platinum? i haven't finished the game yet, 3 badges acquired, then a latias suddenly appeared in random. i fainted/killed it, then saved the game. now my question is can i encounter latias again? (without using cheats of course)
    thanks

Back