• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
Years
  • this question is about breeding.

I'm breeding a adamant scyther.
    So, I have a male and female adamant scyther and I put them into the daycare and after 10 eggs, still no Adamant scyther

So then, I pulled out the female scyther and threw the everstone on her and after about 5 or so eggs I still didn't get a adamant scyther

So then, I pulled out the male scyther and put in a ditto and again, after about 5 - 10 eggs, no adamant scyther.

What am I doing wrong?

Years
  • Are any of them foreign Pokemon? I'm pretty sure that foreign Pokemon can't pass down Natures. If not, you may have just been a little the first time, as it should have worked. With the Ditto however, whenever Ditto and a Female Pokemon breed, the Ditto needs to hold the Everstone if you want to pass down [the Ditto's] natures.

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
    Years
  • They are not foreign pokemon and I gave up on the ditto because Ditto doesn't have the nature I want.

So put both the male and female holding the everstone in the daycare and hatch more eggs?

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • Yes, female adamant Scyther with an Everstone and anything other than a Ditto (that breeds with it, obviously XD).

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
  • I used a Protein on my Blaziken to raise it's speed by 10, but it only raised 1 point. Will it get the other points when it gains some more levels?

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    I used a Protein on my Blaziken to raise it's speed by 10, but it only raised 1 point. Will it get the other points when it gains some more levels?
    it doesnt actually up the stat as you think, it just gives it 10 EV's. And you confused them, Protein ups ATTACK, CARBOS ups SPEED.

10 evs= about 2 1/2 points added to the stat the EV went too.

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
  • it doesnt actually up the stat as you think, it just gives it 10 EV's. And you confused them, Protein ups ATTACK, CARBOS ups SPEED.

10 evs= about 2 1/2 points added to the stat the EV went too.

Then why did it only gain 1 point and not 2?

Nomar

check me out!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2009
    I played some several times and I get different points when I do the same things.. this random.. or why is it?

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2009
    is there someone to talk about pokemon platinum?
    i want to ask someone that knows,something about pokemon platinum rom

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
  • Huh?

I was just fighting a wild Houndour in my Platinum, training my Togepi, hoping to evolve it into Togetic and Togekiss soon. But as it is only level 18, I switched to my Floatzel to KO the thing. And it used Roar. But then..

"But it failed!"

Does anyone have any answer to this?

Back