• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
Years
  • Huh?

I was just fighting a wild Houndour in my Platinum, training my Togepi, hoping to evolve it into Togetic and Togekiss soon. But as it is only level 18, I switched to my Floatzel to KO the thing. And it used Roar. But then..

"But it failed!"

Does anyone have any answer to this?
    That's the effect of when a Status-classed move misses.

Were you battling in Mist/Had you used Double Team? Otherwise it would have a 1% chance of missing; It's not impossible though, i've managed to miss an Ultima Masher with a 99% hit rate in Final Fantasy Tactics A2, but i haven't done that in Pokémon

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
    Years
  • Okay so if I was battling Gastly to get SpAtk points I could only battle 252 Gastleys until i wouldn't get anymore points?

Almost. You could battle 255 Gastly. But those last three are unnecessary, because 4 EV's = 1 Stat Point on Lv. 100. What I mean is that 252 is divisable by four, so no EVs are "lost".

Last edited:

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
  • Almost. You could battle 255 Gastly. But those last three are unnecessary, because 4 EV's = 1 Stat Point on Lv. 100. What I mean is that 252 is divisable by four, so no EVs are "lost".

Ok so 255 Gastly will give me 63 extra SpAtk points?

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    do you really need to be in the Toys R Us to have the event only pokemon can't you just go to any wi-fi area and recieve a Mystery Gift
    nope, you have to go to Toys R Us for Arceus. unless someone else gets it and trades it over to you

Jukain-Arashi

PM me for Lockerz invitation.
    Years
  • Does any one know of any good place to train Pokemon that are around Lv 50-70? I just need to level up some Pokemon. The Elites is not a very good option because they range from 60-78 which is a pain to take down.

Years
  • Could someone post for me the EVs given during one round of the elite 4 and cynthia, while using an EXP. share? I could do it myself but I'm sure it's been posted before and it's kind of an inconvenience.

Years
  • Could someone post for me the EVs given during one round of the elite 4 and cynthia, while using an EXP. share? I could do it myself but I'm sure it's been posted before and it's kind of an inconvenience.

Diamond and Pearl:
    Spoiler:

Platinum:
    Spoiler:

Does anyone know the min level that the pkmn has to be for the serebii 4th gen IV calculator to function correctly?

100. Everything else is imprecise.

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2009
    I'm a noob, few questions about stuff (extended answers)

Ok, so I literally haven't played pokemon since gold/silver came out and i beat it in like a day and stopped playing. I knew yellow really well, but now i have diamond and it's a lot more complex. I'm understanding most of it, but I still have a few questions.

I get the whole pal park thing, so does that mean all the other pokemon not found in diamond are imported via gb/gba (or traded from those special ones in platinum), including the legendaries? Because i have the 3 legendary birds and mew (i have the shiny mew2 card you get when u go to the first pokemon movie still, i was like 7, it was cool :P but i never figured out how to catch it in-game) on my yellow, can i transfer those over to pal park now? I don't think i have lugia on my silver, but if i get it can i transfer that 2?

In yellow the pokemon was determined by the DV stats, but it seems those have changed A LOT in diamond, can someone explain to me the new system? (i got how the stat xp works in diamond so don't waste your time)

Oh and, is there a way to check you stat xp of your pokemon in diamond?

thanks in advance

BrockObama

Custom User Title
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2009
    anything before GBA generation won't work.
    pal park isn't open till you beat the game/ complete the pokedex.

fixed.

Last edited:

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
  • Wrong. Anything before Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald is incompatible with the later generations. You cannot trade/palpark from the earlier 2 generation games, that is, red, blue, yellow, gold, silver, crystal. I'll expand when I get the chance, unless someone else beats me to it.

Back