• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Myles

Seriously?
Years
  • there's actually a whole bunch of them
    playing =[..
    wat do you mean by counterfeit? like fake or something?

Yes, counterfeit means fake. But if t has only been the last few days, I'd wait a while, maybe the connection in your area has somethng wrong with it.

Dialga812

The crusade marches on.
    Years
  • Yes, counterfeit means fake. But if t has only been the last few days, I'd wait a while, maybe the connection in your area has somethng wrong with it.

lolz i got the real one =]..
    ok i will, ill wait
    for a while coz my mario kart
    is having the same problem
    thanks for helping =]

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
    Years
  • Now is the time to do EV training, because you get double EV points and it goes a lot faster. To spread Pokerus, keep one infected Pokemon in your party and go battle, As you battle, the Pokerus will spread to other members in your party. The Pokerus "goes away" in 2-3 days, meaning that you'll still enjoy its benefits, but it will no longer spread.

Keep that second infected Pokemon in your PC because Pokerus will remain active indefinitely as long as it's in your PC storage. Take it out only when you want to infect other Pokemon. As for EV training itself, it's not hard. Just defeat Pokemon that give you the EV's you want and run from everything else. Make sure that the Pokemon you want to EV train either holds the Exp. Share or appears sometime during each battle.

A little correction. Pokerus "goes away" when the pokemon with Pokerus is in your party over midnight.

And accurate EV training is only possible, if the pokemon trained doesn't have any EVs on it yet. (You have to use EV lowering berries if the pokemon has gained EXP.)

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
  • What are you doing? I finish in no more than 30 minutes. For 252/252/6, I do 10 Vitamins, Pokerus + Power Item (results in 10 EVs for a Pokemon that normally gives 1) for the first two stats, and use a vitamin for the last stat.
    I usually don't do EV training, i don't play competitively... I don't have any WiFi :(

The Roshi

I must become stronger...
    Years
  • I heard somewhere that there's a feature where we can mass migrate pokemon in our boxes. How do I do that? I've had platinum for a while now and I never noticed the feature in my PC. When I went to look for it though, I couldn't find it.

Pokegirl98

Just an Average Fangirl
    Years
  • DOes GTS usally glitch?

I just hatched the Riolu egg (the one Riley gives you on Iron Island), and had it my party when I connected to Wifi. I accidentally put it in the "offer pokemon" box. I tried to get it out, but before the pokeball could come down, it said the GTS had run into problems, and kicked me out. I tried getting back in, and my Riolu disappeared! I checked all of my Wifi, and thats not the problem. Does the GTS glitch often? Is it normal for pokemon to dissapear if it is? Is there any way to get my baby Riolu back? Thanks for all of the help!

Hatenko

Hiya!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    Do EVs determine what stats your pokemon are on PBR? I noticed that one of mine (level 93) is way better than another one (level 52 about), even with level 50 all..

Edit: STATS I MEANT STATS

Last edited:

Eli

Years
    • WI
    • Seen Oct 19, 2011
    Yo, to get those three Poketch apps in Sunnyshore City, I need a serious, naive, and quicky natured Pokemon.

Can someone please tell me three easy to catch Pokemon with these one of these three natures

I usually don't do EV training, i don't play competitively... I don't have any WiFi :(

Same here. I have really never heard of EV Training. But after I finish Diamond, I most likely will get into it just to f**k with my friends.

Hopefully my mom can find that USB Adaptor on Amazon.

But otherwise it is useless to me. I can just spend all my extra money on vitamins, and improve stats that way.

Last edited:

BlueShuckle

School Boy
    Years
  • In Platinum, glitches are rare, but they do happen more than in D/P. This is one of the most common glitches that happen in the GTS, and no, you will not be able to get your Riolu egg back. Would you like another?

AnarchaArcana

Team Bulbasaur!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2010
    Nope - but I have a box full of them if you need one. In other words - Same as the poster above :)

Etherius

Ethereal Champion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2009
    I'm very sorry to hear that. Well, read it, but anyway...

I've never used the GTS, so I wouldn't know. I recommend you accept one of these offers and go from there.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Do EVs determine what stats your pokemon are on PBR? I noticed that one of mine (level 93) is way better than another one (level 52 about), even with level 50 all..

Edit: STATS I MEANT STATS

Yes. That's pretty much what EVs do.

Yo, to get those three Poketch apps in Sunnyshore City, I need a serious, naive, and quicky natured Pokemon.

Can someone please tell me three easy to catch Pokemon with these one of these three natures
    There is no easy way to catch a Pokemon with a certain nature (unless you use a Pokemon that has the same nature and Synchronize ability).
    But otherwise it is useless to me. I can just spend all my extra money on vitamins, and improve stats that way.

Vitamins are EVs. 10 EVs in each stat as long as the EVs in that stat aren't over 100 and the total EVs aren't over 510.

JonnyPhoenyx

Steel Trainer and Proud
    Years
  • Unable to access Survival Area and Others (!)

Hi guys!
    I recently beat the elite four on Pltm and made it to the fight area. After playing around a bit, I found some people who wouldn't let me pass unless I completed my pokedex. So, being the lazy person I am, I used Poke'save to complete both 'dexes. But they still won't let me pass, I've gone to Rowan, flew around, went the the area from different routes (boat and FLY), but I still can't access anything beyond the fight area.

Does anyone know how I can fix this problem? (I've already saved the game with the moded dex)

JonnyPhoenyx

Steel Trainer and Proud
    Years
  • I talked to Oak at Pal Park and the people blockin the other routes at the fight area still haven't moved!

Last edited:
    Back