• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Is Giratina Origin Forme worth using a Master Ball on? Because I've tried everything, and the dusk/timer/ultra balls will not hold Giratina in....
    It's your choice. I mean, you have so many legendaries to catch in platinum. If there's a certain one you want really bad, then save it for that one.

I've been doing a lot of mining for treasure in the underground, and 6 hours after I mined a lot in one area, I'm not getting any more treasure spots on my mini-map. Are there any tips/tricks to find more treasure spots?

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
  • It's your choice. I mean, you have so many legendaries to catch in platinum. If there's a certain one you want really bad, then save it for that one.

I've been doing a lot of mining for treasure in the underground, and 6 hours after I mined a lot in one area, I'm not getting any more treasure spots on my mini-map. Are there any tips/tricks to find more treasure spots?

Change the date of your DS.
    It has only a certain number of spot each day.
    Once you dig them all, you have to wait until the next or change the date of your DS ;)

Hatenko

Hiya!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    Out of Mimic, Mirror Move, and Copycat, can any/all of them copy Metronome?

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2013
    Can anyone give me a few tips on how to make it easier to catch Azelf? I narrowed it's HP down to 1 with false swipe, then put it to sleep. I kept using dusk, ultras then timers on it whilst asleep and it still won't hold. Help?

Years
  • Out of Mimic, Mirror Move, and Copycat, can any/all of them copy Metronome?

No.
    Can anyone give me a few tips on how to make it easier to catch Azelf? I narrowed it's HP down to 1 with false swipe, then put it to sleep. I kept using dusk, ultras then timers on it whilst asleep and it still won't hold. Help?

Those are the tips. Just keep doing it.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • I want to use GTS in Platinum to get a forien Snorlax? What can I do to make it happen? My game does not display what level people are asking for, I can only see what species they want. When offering a pokemon I can only specify gender, not language. I just started using GTS yesterday, so I was just wandering if there was some thing I cound do to make the trade happen.

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2011
    Please help me!!! How can I get Happiny? Please tell me!:( ;( Send me message!

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Please help me!!! How can I get Happiny? Please tell me!:( ;( Send me message!

You can obtain a Happiny through a Hiker in Hearthome City. Go south until you see two road paths you can take. Take a right and you'll seethe Hiker next to a hall. He will give you the egg and when it hatches, it will be a Happiny.

Another way is to breed a Chansey with a Ditto, but make sure the Chansey is holding a Luck Incense.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    You mean a Luck Incense, right? Lucky Egg increases the Exp. gain of the held Pokémon; Luck Incense lets you get a Happiny egg and doubles money received after a battle.

Ev Trainer X

Your average insane gamer
    Years
  • Does anyone know where I can get a Life Orb in platinum? I've already gotten the life orb at Mt. Stark, but I don't know where I put it. Any extras?

Also, I need some Choice Specs. I've also already gotten the one from the glasses guy in celestic town.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Does anyone know where I can get a Life Orb in platinum? I've already gotten the life orb at Mt. Stark, but I don't know where I put it. Any extras?

Also, I need some Choice Specs. I've also already gotten the one from the glasses guy in celestic town.

Both items are only available once .
    Even tough , I doubt for Choice SPecs . I believe they are available a 2nd time in the BattlefRontier Shop . But the Life Orb isn't .. you have to trade for it !

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    question about shinys

If i used a action replay to make all pokemon shiny, and catch for example a Shiny Pidgey, is it still legit? or is it HAX0R5 because i made it shiny? what if for example i catch Dialga and use the action replay to MAKE it shiny?

thanks in advance

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
  • question about shinys

If i used a action replay to make all pokemon shiny, and catch for example a Shiny Pidgey, is it still legit? or is it HAX0R5 because i made it shiny? what if for example i catch Dialga and use the action replay to MAKE it shiny?

thanks in advance
    That's definitely not legit. Besides, Shiny Pokémon aren't so hard to get legitimally these days.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    ^ This. Once you've used Action Replay to get a shiny pokémon or any certain type of pokémon, it will not be legit and defined as a hack.

Back