• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
    how does pokerus effect the stats of the pkmn?

To be more exact, Pokerus doubles the amount of Effort Values your Pokemon gets for KOing a Pokemon.

Also, Mephonis, if you're playing Platinum, you can just knock them out and not worry since Platinum lets you rebattle them until you catch them. If you're playing Diamond or Pearl, then nevermind. :x

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2011
    Also, Mephonis, if you're playing Platinum, you can just knock them out and not worry since Platinum lets you rebattle them until you catch them. If you're playing Diamond or Pearl, then nevermind. :x[/QUOTE]

I'm playing platinum :) but now i'm kinda psyched on getting them because i just got Azelf in 1. try :D

XCHAMPX

Nazi 4 life!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2010
    let me rephrase my question. I shamefully leveled up my charizard with nothing but rarecandies. i gave it all the protiens calcium etc. that it would allow me before i leveld it up. so could i of ended up with higher stats had i leveld up in a differant method? I feel the stats of my charizard is lower than a 100 should have

XCHAMPX

Nazi 4 life!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2010
    I had a level 1 charmander and gave it all the protiens and calcium zinc ect that it would let me and then i gave it 100 rare candies to get to level 100. it has a modest nature.
    does the proteins and everything make up for not battling 510 pkmn to get my EV up? or would my stats of been higher if i battled it out or it had pokerus?

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    Well, you have to get 510 'EVs' by level 100. Every Pokemon will give you at least one, but some will give two or more. Things like Protein will give you 10. Pokerus will double the amount of EVs you get from battling Pokemon, but not for vitamins.

Which method you use to get to 510 EVs doesn't matter.

XCHAMPX

Nazi 4 life!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2010
    okay so essential all i need is vitamins because i can give a pkmn 510 worth of EVs in vitemins. gotcha thanks

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    You need a Platinum ROM. Which are ILLEGAL by the way. Just play the ROM and a sav file should be created in the same folder as the ROM. ROM distribution is not allowed on Pokecommunity, so don't ask.
    Oh, I thought you could upload your own Save Data from the DS. (kind of like on the Wii with Animal Crossing City Folk and the AC Toolkit) I wouldn't do that though. Thanks for helping me out.

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2015
    i need help. im trying to connect to wireless internet connection with my ds and im sat right next to my router (it is wireless, my laptop connects) i get a blue padlock and i click, i get 4 green bars then after a while they go red and dissapear and i get told to move within range or check DHCP settings... what should i do?

Hatenko

Hiya!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    Does the soft-resetting strategy you would use with legendaries, driftloon, etc. work when recieving fossil pokemon?

ultimatediamond

Aura Guardian
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    spread this

you dont need two people to evolve trade pokemon

go to the GTS and deposit the pokemon to be traded (with any appropriate items)
    make a random trade on the GTS it doesnt matter what you trade for
    once this is done, take back the pokemon you deposited and it will evolve

this is true, i just tried it with a machoke

Does the soft-resetting strategy you would use with legendaries, driftloon, etc. work when recieving fossil pokemon?

yes it does its the exact same

Last edited:

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
    Is there anyone that can tell me if there is a Pokemon that can learn Stealth Rocks, Roar/Whirlwind, and U-turn/Baton Pass.

Back