• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
    can anyone recieve any pokemon as trade?

I read somewhere you can only trade pokemon that are already in your pokedex, i.e ones you have already seen, is this true???

So if you had not seen Squirrtle before you wouldnt be able to recieve him from someone?

What about eggs-you never know what is going to come out, what if it hatched into one you have never seen before?

Sorry if this on well stupid questions-also can you only trade once you have your national pokedex, do you get this near the end of the game?

Thanks

Shiny Shaymin

I laugh at your misfortune.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 22, 2015
    First of all, I don't think this is the right place to ask this question.
    To answer all 3 of your questions:

1. If you are using the GTS, yes, you can only receive Pokemon you've recorded in your Pokedex, unless someone cheats you. This is because you can only ask for Pokemon you have seen. If you are trading with a friend, in the Union room or Wi-Fi room, you can receive Pokemon you have not seen.

2. If your egg hatches into a Pokemon you have not seen, yes, that will enable you receive that Pokemon over Wi-Fi.

3. You can trade once you obtain the normal Pokedex, which is at the beginning of the game. The National Dex allows you to see and catch Pokemon from other Regions, and that you do get at the end of the game.

Years
    Sorry for placing my question in the wrong area I just can't get my head around where I should be asking all these questions-I've done a couple wrong now, and I am starting to get a bit scaried!!!!

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2011
    Hey guys I had an action replay mishap and got a bad egg, it was hatched and I tried using the bad egg remover code, it works but when I sav it says save error.
    What should I do?
    I cant move the bad egg pokemon (?) so its taken up the space in my party :(

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    there are about three bad egg removal codes I've only had a bad egg once while trying to get an event poke I just turned it off since I saved right before I put in the code If all three codes don't work thats what you should do I don't know IF I can give links but all 3 codes can be found on Neoseeker.com

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Uhhh..I got someone's Shaymin, a flower paradise one.Caught in April 2010, lol. I thought it was just an out-of-time DS...

Should it unlock Gracidea?? Because it won't

Uhhh..I got someone's Shaymin, a flower paradise one.Caught in April 2010, lol. I thought it was just an out-of-time DS...

Last edited:

ShadowSalamence

Fan of the Dragon Pokemon
    Years

If it says ''apparently had a fateful encounter'' it will unlock the Gracidea. If it says ''apparently met at level...'' it won't. Simple as that.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2011
    Hey guys I had an action replay mishap and got a bad egg, it was hatched and I tried using the bad egg remover code, it works but when I sav it says save error.
    What should I do?
    I cant move the bad egg pokemon (?) so its taken up the space in my party :(
    Still habe this problem
    there are about three bad egg removal codes I've only had a bad egg once while trying to get an event poke I just turned it off since I saved right before I put in the code If all three codes don't work thats what you should do I don't know IF I can give links but all 3 codes can be found on Neoseeker.com
    Well apparently neoseeker doesnt have it?
    I check it but it didnt show up

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Just a reminder, please no discussion of any hacking devices or programs. This includes the Action Replay.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2010
    Just a quick question that I suppose goes here?

With the STAB, the multiplier is 1.5x. Is this directly applied to the "power" of a move?

For example which move would do more damage from my Prinplup? Metal Claw is 50 power, whereas Aqua Jet is 40 power but should have a 1.5x bonus from STAB. Can I basically read Aqua Jet as having 60 (40*1.5) power in this situation and thus concluding it would be more powerful against a normal pokemon?
    Cheers

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
    Exactly what you say.
    The 1.5 is applied to the based power of the move.
    Aqua Jet will go from 40 to 60.
    Metal Claw will stay to 50.
    So, Aqua Jet should be moe powerful against normal pokemon until he evolve into Empoleon, who is water/steel.
    In his case, Metal Claw will become 75 base power.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2010
    Exactly what you say.
    The 1.5 is applied to the based power of the move.
    Aqua Jet will go from 40 to 60.
    Metal Claw will stay to 50.
    So, Aqua Jet should be moe powerful against normal pokemon until he evolve into Empoleon, who is water/steel.
    In his case, Metal Claw will become 75 base power.

Thanks for the quick answer buddy.

Gooner_Tyzack

Where's The Frigging Ditto?
    Years
    Friends.

For some reason i cant connect to any wifi with pokemon platinum? or anyother game. i use wpa at my home, anyone know why?

Hatenko

Hiya!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    anyone know a pokemon that has perish song?

Jynx, Lapras, Azumarill, Politoed, Misdreavus, the list goes on...

If you're looking for a Perish Trapper, all of the above including more can do that - Jynx and Missy with Mean Look, Waters with Whirlpool.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    You should ask that in the hg/ss help thread! But the things you optain through the pokewalker will automaticly go into your bag when you send your pokemon back!

thanks for your help, I was suppose to ask in the HG/SS help thread but I must of post it here by mistake.

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
    So, I can't connect to the internet with Diamond. I've got it all set up, even when I test the connection in the setup it works perfectly. But when I try to log in to the GTS, I get all sorts of different errors (being forced back to the counter, being told I'm logging in though nothing happens, getting into the GTS but being told there has been a communication error...). I've been on in the past via the same router, I can connect with other consoles, and I imagine I can connect with other games (though I am yet to try). Any help would be great.

Back