• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    You go to the top of Mt. Coronet and use it? If it says "The Azure Flute echoed hollowly..." then Arceus was already caught and can't be summoned (according to Bulbapedia). Considering the only way to actually get the flute is through cheating then there's a chance that there's something wrong with the coding or whatever.

Years
    Yeah. I did that and it said it wasn't the time to use it. :/

EDIT: Wait, do I have to have my Sinnoh Dex completed?

Last edited:
    Years
    So, I have been in the mood to start ev training, some what. I have seen videos and read guides on explaining what ev training is and how to do it. But, In some parts i am still confused. I have this gengar at lvl55 which i have given all of the proteins i could give em. I couldn't give em 10 for each, since i think he was too high of a level to give em all 10. Anyways. I know his best attribute is sp.atk, so I would like to get it even higher. So, I have been killing some gastlyes in the old chateau. I dont have pkrs, nor any bracer, I know i would have to kill a ton of them to get all of the ev's. I would just like to see at least a plus like 5 or something on a level up, just to see that something is happening.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    Well, since it's impossible to catch a Gengar at level 55, it's safe to assume that you had leveled it before, which means it probably has a bunch of random EVs already built up. In that case, the best thing to do is to use the reduction berries (Hondew for Sp. Atk) and start over from scratch. There's no way to easily check for EVs (without anything like PokeSav) once they've been gained unless you keep track somewhere else, like tallied on a piece of paper or what not.
    You also probably won't see a ton of huge stat jumps until higher levels, but I've been seeing +5/+6 on my level 43 Luxray since I finished training him.

Years
    Hi I have gotten my 7th badge and I still couldn't get the key to the galatic warehouse in velinstone city. can you help me. I'm laying in the hospital bed right now. I have plenty of time playing it.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
    Ahem... I'm not talking about that. I already beaten LG and got the Pal Park on it. I understand that I CANNOT trade from LG to Pearl right now because I haven't gotten the NP on Pearl.
    I'm saying that I could transfer the Pokemon from LG to either Diamond/Platnium that DOES have the NP on it. That way, I was thinking that I wouldn't have to beat the Pearl version to trade those Pokemon over. That I could just trade those Pokemon from Diamon/Platnium to the unbeaten Pearl version to bypass the PP and NP.
    Has anybody else ever tried this, and as it ever worked?

You cant have gotten to the pal park in LG since the pal park first showed up in D/P

chikorita125

^ ment to be Happy Azumarill
    Years
    Hi I have gotten my 7th badge and I still couldn't get the key to the galatic warehouse in velinstone city. can you help me. I'm laying in the hospital bed right now. I have plenty of time playing it.

after receiving the pastoria badge, go to the veilstone galictic headquators, there should be someone out the front, talk to him and he gives you the card.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    quick question about the masuda method can the pokemon be from any language also does it have to be female or can it be male the reason I ask is I have a German Gengar that is ale if I breed it with a ditto will the method still work ?

Brockoli

The Trainer of 1,000 Truths
    Years
    Does it remain?

In diamond and pearl, there was a glitch where Riolu evolved at an uncertain level. Is that glitch still active in platinum?

Zenith95s

El Psy Congroo
    Years
    In real, Riolu evolves to Lucario by happiness.
    When Riolu's happiness reaches to 220 on Day, it evolves...

If you give Riolu no happiness, it will evolve at any random level
    Get it?

Brockoli

The Trainer of 1,000 Truths
    Years
    What Friendship Level?

What friendship level does Riolu evolve? In the platinum guide, it show a picture of the lady saying, "It's very friendly toward you. I can tell you treat it kindly." Then, it shows a picture of Lucario in the evolution cut scene (Can you call it a cut scene?). Is the above the right friendship level, or does it have to adore me.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    yeah level doesn't matter, but with my first riolu I had it didn't evolve till level 29 xD. I don't think I was being as caring as I should have been.

Thunderpunch

Pokemon Master
    Years
    how to battle online?

I've never battled online and want to try. Do I do this upstairs at a pokemon center? If so, I heard I need to know the opponent's friend code and they need to be online at the time; where do I find out my own friend code? Also how do I physically go online? Do I need some sort of special wire to attach to my DS?

Back