• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question Thread

Is the white 3Ds XL too noticeable when playing the game?

• Yes, incredibly. You should go for a black screen.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yeah, you should probably go for something else.

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Nah, it's fine.

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • WHA- The white version is the best! ^^

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
Years
My answer to the "Which console should I get?" question is always this: will you be playing alone or with friends? If friends, what do they have/will they be getting?

If you'll be playing alone or in randomly matched multiplayer, I'd say go with a nice PC. Better graphics, mods, ect. (all the stuff I'm sure you've heard before).

If you'll be playing a lot with good friends, the question becomes "what are they getting?" If you have a group of friends who are all going PS4, then get a PS4. If they want the XBone, get an XBone. One of the big draws of console gaming is playing live with friends (locally or remotely), but the purpose is defeated if you've got different consoles. For all their minor differences, at the end of the day the two major consoles will play most of the same AAA games in the same way, so you'd experience little difference between the two, except for interface and controller differences (which you can adapt to very quickly).

IF I were looking to get into the next console generation--although I don't plan to, so take this with a grain of salt--I'd say wait it out. MS has been changing where they stand on a lot about the XBone recently, and there isn't much point in placing pre-orders yet (are special pre-order deals for consoles even a thing?). Wait until it's a few weeks after the two consoles have released and see what the public's receptions of both consoles has been.

(As it stands now I'd probably recommend the PS4 simply for not being part of MS's ongoing cluster[redacted]--although I don't really support Sony's platform of "buy from us because we aren't MS!"--but looking at Titanfall it alone would almost be enough to sway me to an XBone. Luckily for me, it's coming out on PC.)

Last edited:

Pikachuie

Go Seahawks!
Years
ZooTycoon 2 wont run

i just installed it and it said no graphics memory but I can run Garry's mod and sims 3.

My computer specs:
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name JAMES-PC
System Manufacturer TOSHIBA
System Model Satellite A215
System Type X86-based PC
Processor AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60, 2000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies LTD 1.80, 8/4/2008
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Name James-PC\James
Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 1.87 GB
Available Physical Memory 907 MB
Total Virtual Memory 3.75 GB
Available Virtual Memory 2.48 GB
Page File Space 1.87 GB

didn't know what to put..

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
If I were you, the first thing I would do is go on to a site which can check if the game is compatible with my computer or not. You could try game-debate.com. If it is compatible, then I'd try reinstalling it. If it's not, then I guess you're out of luck. You may try returning the game back to the store, but I'm not sure if they'll accept it since it's already open. D:

Years
How do I clear the first dungeon in Legend of zelda Oracle of seasons? I've gotten to the little train track rail thing but I can't find the next room.

Years
Accidental Time Traveling side effects

I got Animal Crossing new leaf recently and I love it. But I had to take apart my ds to fix something and when I turned it back on, the clock had reset itself. I though "no big deal", and set the time back. When I turned new leaf on, It said I had been gone for a year. And now the game's clock is 5 hours slow. Anyone know of any way to fix this?

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Reset your save, another effect of time travelling is when crono dies and you get another copy of himself and you defeat Lavos "Core 2" and the world is saved and then Crono marries Marle and the world is happy.

^ totally not chrono trigger

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
So I bought Super Mario Sunshine a few months ago for my Wii and recently started playing it. The game has been running fine until today. I just got access to the Rocket Nozzle for FLUDD and it doesn't seem to work... I'll hold down the R button and Mario will grab FLUDD's handles, but nothing happens after that. My controller will continuously rumble, but even if I hold R down for a few minutes the nozzle still won't blast off. The two default nozzles work fine. Is there another button that I'm supposed to press? Or is it an issue with my disc/controller? The disc is in pretty good shape, some minor scratches but nothing significant. The controller is a KMD Komodo Shockwave wireless controller.

Note: The R button is a little faulty. It doesn't have any pressure sensitivity, as in it can only be pushed down all the way. For example, I can't move and use the spray nozzle at the same time.

Last edited:

Catalyst.

Nothing of significance
Years
Hey y'all. I have a question: I'd like to get battlefield 3, as the game looks pretty good. However, I'm worried whether the multiplayer will die completely when Battlefield 4 comes out, and I can't really afford $60 on the new one. I'm pretty knew to shooters, can anyone with experience with this sort of thing tell me whether in the past, the predecessor gets abandoned? thanks :)

Years
Hey y'all. I have a question: I'd like to get battlefield 3, as the game looks pretty good. However, I'm worried whether the multiplayer will die completely when Battlefield 4 comes out, and I can't really afford $60 on the new one. I'm pretty knew to shooters, can anyone with experience with this sort of thing tell me whether in the past, the predecessor gets abandoned? thanks :)
The predecessors of Battlefield 3 still have quite a few players, if I recall correctly. I think you should be fine! Remember there are several others in your situation and people wait until prices drop anyway so I wouldn't worry too much~

TY

Im still playing predecessors from other games and there is quite a lot of people online aswell, so no worries. Red Alert 1 for instance is not abandoned at all online while C&C4 is out for quite some time aswell.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 24, 2015
3DS, 2DS, or even DSi?

sorry if i put this in wrong place still learnin :D

hey peeps, i have always loved Nintendo, they will always be my favorite even though i play xbox so much more than my other nintendo products. throughout my years of nintendo i have only missed 3 devices, Game boy color, Gamecube and their DS line. i have been trying to stay away from the ds ever since that first brick ds came out and i knew ds would ruin the pokemon and mario games to come i have always enjoyed the 2d, 32bit (thats what the game boy advanced was right?) goodness that pokemon games and mario and lugi games had, im not going to enjoy the new pokemon y/x and mario and lugi dream team, but it has come to a conclusion that i now want to get a DS, or a 3ds or a 2ds or whatever, im not sure what to choose, if im going to get a 3ds 20 bucks more for a xl size would be much better :D, im not going to use the 3d option on it but i would only get it for its small size and i loved the folding option. 2ds just looks like a giant brick but is a afordable. and ill even get a dsi if it comes to that i will be just has happy with that. also would you guys recomend any games? any pokemon games to stay away from or anything else? thanks!

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
Years
So I uh... dropped my 3DS XL in the toilet

You wouldn't believe how mad I am at myself right now. Roughly 3 hours ago, my 3DS slipped out of my jacket pocket and into a toilet. I got it out immediately, Tried turning it on after drying it but it wouldn't turn on. Any suggestions as to what I should do now? Its currently lying on a drawer.

And no, this is not a joke topic.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Put it in a bag of rice and hope for the best. I'd suggest putting it in there open instead of closed. Give it a day, then try it. If it still doesn't work then you're out a 3DS XL.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
sorry if i put this in wrong place still
learnin :D
hey peeps, i have always loved Nintendo,
they will always be my favorite even though i
play xbox so much more than my other
nintendo products. throughout my years of
nintendo i have only missed 3 devices, Game
boy color, Gamecube and their DS line. i
have been trying to stay away from the ds
ever since that first brick ds came out and i
knew ds would ruin the pokemon and mario
games to come i have always enjoyed the 2d,
32bit (thats what the game boy advanced
was right?) goodness that pokemon games
and mario and lugi games had, im not going
to enjoy the new pokemon y/x and mario
and lugi dream team, but it has come to a
conclusion that i now want to get a DS, or a
3ds or a 2ds or whatever, im not sure what
to choose, if im going to get a 3ds 20 bucks
more for a xl size would be much better :D,
im not going to use the 3d option on it but i
would only get it for its small size and i loved
the folding option. 2ds just looks like a giant
brick but is a afordable. and ill even get a dsi
if it comes to that i will be just has happy
with that. also would you guys recomend any
games? any pokemon games to stay away
from or anything else? thanks!

It wouldn't be a good idea to get a DS, because it's kind of outdated now. Besides, you could play DS games on your computer if it has enough speed. What I would do is either get a 2DS or a 3DS. There's already a lot of games out for these systems, and some of their best games are, in my opinion, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, Super Mario 3D Land, and Kid Icarus: Uprising. When you get the chance, you should definitely give these games a try. n__n

You wouldn't believe how mad I am at
myself right now. Roughly 3 hours ago, my
3DS slipped out of my jacket pocket and into
a toilet. I got it out immediately, Tried
turning it on after drying it but it wouldn't
turn on. Any suggestions as to what I should
do now? Its currently lying on a drawer.
And no, this is not a joke topic.

Take out its battery and put it back in. If that doesn't fix the problem for you, try plugging it into the charger to see if the lights lit up. If none of this works, then the best thing you could do is contact Nintendo Customer Support. Their phone numbers, email addresses, and other info could be found right here. Good luck!~

Last edited:

toxictwinkie

Mini moose will rule you all
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2014
Buying Banjo Kazooie Gruntys Revenge GBA off Ebay...Need some advice

Hey guys,

I would like to buy Banjo Kazooie Gruntys Revenge GBA off Ebay, but I am worried that I may get a fake as Ebay is notorious for fake GBA games, so if you guys don't mind, can you look on this ebay link and help clarify if its the real deal? This one has the Nintendo logo and Rating system and code so it looks legit, however this seller has over 11....and for a cheap price. That's why I am hesitant. I messaged the seller to ask for some a photos of the connectors where it would verify whether its fake or not, he declined to do it and assured me it was real. Alarm bells? I think so....

Yes or no?

I just realised I posted in the wrong thread.....O___O...Unless this question is okay?

vem0ww.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Hey guys,

I would like to buy Banjo Kazooie Gruntys Revenge GBA off Ebay, but I am worried that I may get a fake as Ebay is notorious for fake GBA games, so if you guys don't mind, can you look on this ebay link and help clarify if its the real deal? This one has the Nintendo logo and Rating system and code so it looks legit, however this seller has over 11....and for a cheap price. That's why I am hesitant. I messaged the seller to ask for some a photos of the connectors where it would verify whether its fake or not, he declined to do it and assured me it was real. Alarm bells? I think so....

Yes or no?

I just realised I posted in the wrong thread.....O___O...Unless this question is okay?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/271267501727?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

The link doesn't seem to work for me. xD" Whenever I click on it, it gives me an error telling me that the requested item is not available. Anyway, since the game looks legitimate to you, you should go ahead and buy it. If you're not satisfied with it after the purchase, then you always have the option to return it. The seller does accept returns, doesn't he?

toxictwinkie

Mini moose will rule you all
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2014
The link doesn't seem to work for me. xD" Whenever I click on it, it gives me an error telling me that the requested item is not available. Anyway, since the game looks legitimate to you, you should go ahead and buy it. If you're not satisfied with it after the purchase, then you always have the option to return it. The seller does accept returns, doesn't he?

Oh really? I fix that up quickly then. Yes there is a return policy C:

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
Nintendo Club question

I am from Greece where there is no club nintendo.
I have a lot of codes that i want to get the coins for digital downloads.
Can i register in the UK site and get my coins from there?

Back