• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions & Answers / "Where do I post this?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2015
    I also want to know that I am developing a Pokemon Destiny RPG online and I am also looking for coders where should I post about it.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure Sheep already answered your question in the post above. The Recruitment thread should suffice for any recruitment in Game Dev, I'd ask Maruno if you have any other Game Dev questions/problems.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    bumping this for some answers
    Probably as quickly as they can, but some other things might be prioritized higher.

Hey, quick questions.
    1.How can you use a GIF as an avatar?
    2.Where can you upload your picture better(imgur or tinypic)?
    1. You just upload or link to it just like you would with any pic! Just make sure it's small enough to fit your avatar size limits.

2. Generally, imgur seems to be preferred here. Personally I use Photobucket though :3

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • bumping this for some answers
    I'm pretty sure it's being worked on as part of a long list of additions/fixes for PC 2.0, but if you want a concreted, direct answer I would contact an Admin if I were you. shenanigans would most likely be your best bet, as he's pretty easy to contact about this kind of stuff (his username is linked in this post if you want quick access to his profile.)

Hey, quick questions.
    1.How can you use a GIF as an avatar?
    Same place as how you would edit a regular picture, aka with the "Edit Avatar" function in your Control Panel (which is located on the top right part of your screen.) However, when it comes to using a GIF, you'll need to have it as the exact dimensions - which in your case would be 130x130 as a maximum - if you want the GIF to work properly. Personally, I use this site for all my resizing needs when it comes to GIFs, but if you are having some difficulties in making it work properly you can send me a PM with the gif in mind and I'll resize it for you.

2.Where can you upload your picture better(imgur or tinypic)?
    Imgur is your best bet. I've been personally using it for months now, and I have had absolutely no issues with it whatsoever. Very quick and easy to sign up for it, and the process of uploading pictures and managing everything is very simple to pick up.

Years
  • Same place as how you would edit a regular picture, aka with the "Edit Avatar" function in your Control Panel (which is located on the top right part of your screen.) However, when it comes to using a GIF, you'll need to have it as the exact dimensions - which in your case would be 130x130 as a maximum - if you want the GIF to work properly. Personally, I use this site for all my resizing needs when it comes to GIFs, but if you are having some difficulties in making it work properly you can send me a PM with the gif in mind and I'll resize it for you.

Imgur is your best bet. I've been personally using it for months now, and I have had absolutely no issues with it whatsoever. Very quick and easy to sign up for it, and the process of uploading pictures and managing everything is very simple to pick up.

1. You just upload or link to it just like you would with any pic! Just make sure it's small enough to fit your avatar size limits.

2. Generally, imgur seems to be preferred here. Personally I use Photobucket though :3

Thanks for the answer!{:3}

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2015
    Sup poke maniacs ! Have you heard of pokemon black version that was allegedly on gbc but basically is a myth in the poke community... Google it trust me. Anyways, I've been working on some graphics for the unfinished rom creepy black, which is a remade version of the infamous black version. I would love to get the community behind me on this project and hope to actually see this game one day finished. The current creepy black (frHACK) version isn't finished and I'm not sure why..... It's quite possibly THE MOST CONTROVERSIAL hack EVER!!! Please guys in charge of poke community.... Help me out with this!!!!! It would be an honor to give anybody a hand with anything in making this game! If anyone is interested in helping/starting this EPIC project please email me or messege me!
    Thanks
    WAFFAHOUSE

Ps
    Here is my box art for creepy black! Couldnt find box art online so I made my own lol
    Peace!!!!!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • You're better off getting more attention and help at the Beginner's Lounge rather than this thread, as this thread is reserved for quick community questions. Be sure to make a thread, and hopefully you'll get as much help as needed! I wish you all the best in your hack, dear!

also, you need at least 15 posts to post images, by the way!

Years
  • So, here's one I have: after I begin a thread and add a poll to it, am I able to add any extra options to that poll or am I stuck with what I give? Because you might think, oh, I left this out, mainly after someone suggests it so I was wondering if I could or not. Thanks!

Years
  • So, here's one I have: after I begin a thread and add a poll to it, am I able to add any extra options to that poll or am I stuck with what I give? Because you might think, oh, I left this out, mainly after someone suggests it so I was wondering if I could or not. Thanks!
    I'm not entirely sure if regular members are able to edit polls or not. However, in the instance that you are unable to, just contact the moderator(s) of said section where the poll is and they can amend the options at your request. :)

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Um, not sure if this is the right area for this question (my alternative option is probably the Art & Design subforum), but does anyone know where the full image/source for the May picture below is? Apparently, it was selected as one of the default avatars for the PokeCommunity Forums; I performed a reverse-image-search which was unable to yield anything fruitful so far.. :< Thanks in advance!

2JUIChb.png

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Um, not sure if this is the right area for this question (my alternative option is probably the Art & Design subforum), but does anyone know where the full image/source for the May picture below is? Apparently, it was selected as one of the default avatars for the PokeCommunity Forums; I performed a reverse-image-search which was unable to yield anything fruitful so far.. :< Thanks in advance!

2JUIChb.png

This is mostly for questions about the forums, but I can still answer your question! It's right here!

Years
  • Here's another poll related question? If a poll goes past the date where one sets it to end and stop allowing voting, can it be unlocked? Because in Challenges, one user couldn't find a way to unlock it, and the poll in question he had was tied (it was in challenges, and an important poll for one of them no less). That user is a mod no less, running the thread with the poll in question.

Years
  • Here's another poll related question? If a poll goes past the date where one sets it to end and stop allowing voting, can it be unlocked? Because in Challenges, one user couldn't find a way to unlock it, and the poll in question he had was tied (it was in challenges, and an important poll for one of them no less). That user is a mod no less, running the thread with the poll in question.
    It is possible to reopen polls even if they are automatically closed (just set the "close after x days" number to 0) and ensure that Close Poll at the bottom is not checkmarked. Also, only staff can edit polls, and not regular members afaik.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    My security settings are blocking the chatroom. How do I get into my security settings to fix this? I'm running Windows 8 on the Opera browser.

Years
  • So I was on my computer, and still had my Team Magma's Aggron avatar. I got on my phone, and found my avatar was changed to something else (from another game franchise I have heard of but never adapted to). Why did it suddenly change? I deleted it and will probably make it something else when I get back to my computer, but what gives?

Years
  • So I was on my computer, and still had my Team Magma's Aggron avatar. I got on my phone, and found my avatar was changed to something else (from another game franchise I have heard of but never adapted to). Why did it suddenly change? I deleted it and will probably make it something else when I get back to my computer, but what gives?
    You sure you didn't mistake it for someone else's avatar? :P However, in all seriousness, if you believe an account setting was changed on your account without your awareness, then all I could suggest is for you to change your password.

Vin_Prismriver

Pokémon Cremisi Portals Game Director
    Years
  • Hi there, sorry to bother you, I need a bit of information-
    Basically I am searching for a few spriters for an Pokémon game made with Rpg Maker I'm involved in, but there's no, like, "Team Room" version for Pokémon Essentials. Can I post my message there instead? I'm not searching for Ruby scripters o something like that afterall. If not, where I should post something like this?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back