• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    everything works fine for me although im using Epsilions updated version of the 870 patch still was wondering what are the Hex Codes for the 4th, 5th & 6th gen items are
    Umm. Pretty sure you're just going to bump into more and more bugs in the future. But if you insist on using that base, look at the ini provided with the base to find the item table. Crack open a hex editor and the item data (ordered by index number) is structured like this: bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Item_data_structure_in_Generation_III

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2016
    So, about the "hidesprite" command, do I put the person ID number after it? For example, "hidesprite 0x003E."

If that is the case, it seems that most of the person events on my map all share the same person ID number. If this question doesn't make any sense, does anyone at least know of a guide to this command? I can't seem to figure it out from the Diego XSE guide.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    So, about the "hidesprite" command, do I put the person ID number after it? For example, "hidesprite 0x003E."

If that is the case, it seems that most of the person events on my map all share the same person ID number. If this question doesn't make any sense, does anyone at least know of a guide to this command? I can't seem to figure it out from the Diego XSE guide.
    Um...no actually you have got it all wrong let me explain you with an example

suppose, you set a person id's no. is 99(hex) and I want to hide it after an event so my script would be like this ->

setflag 0x99
    hidesprite 0xperson's event no. here

similarly, for showing the person again->

clearflag 0x99
    showsprite 0xperson's event no. here

....Hope it clears all your doubt :)

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years

Um...no actually you have got it all wrong let me explain you with an example

suppose, you set a person id's no. is 99(hex) and I want to hide it after an event so my script would be like this ->

setflag 0x99
    hidesprite 0xperson's event no. here

similarly, for showing the person again->

clearflag 0x99
    showsprite 0xperson's event no. here

....Hope it clears all your doubt :)

Actually, last night I found out that hidesprite and showsprite set and clear the NPC's flags all in one shot, so setting or clearing them in the script is redundant

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2023
    turns out nameless tile map editor link is also death, does anyone have a reupload?

I think itd be pretty cool if there was just 1 big posts including links of all/most gba tools

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
    turns out nameless tile map editor link is also death, does anyone have a reupload?

I think itd be pretty cool if there was just 1 big posts including links of all/most gba tools

use Hopeless Tile Map editor for a gui, or use grit via the command line for tile maps.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    Alright, is it possible to use:

trainerbattle 0x1 0x001 0x0 @before @after @later

A second time in the same script?

Lets say i have the script appear in the @later command for another battles to start after some message boxes, will it work?

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Alright, is it possible to use:

trainerbattle 0x1 0x001 0x0 @before @after @later

A second time in the same script?

Lets say i have the script appear in the @later command for another battles to start after some message boxes, will it work?

It should be possible! Though if it's the same battle/trainer you might have to clear the flag before.

Years
    ok so im using trainer battle 0x1 and for some reason the first @later script wont begin.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2016
    Hello Everyone can i ask a favor? can someone make me an edited pokemon emerald rom.
    the edited rom that i want is just very simple i cant find away to do it myself but i really appreciate your help.
    i want a pokemon emerald rom with starting trainer is Cynthia from Platinum and Lucy from Emerald at BAttle frontier.
    just that kind of ROM since i can change the pokemons in emerald but i cant change the trainer.
    thank you in advance i hope someone will give me a help thanks again.

The Walrus

it's a me, jesse
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2019
    Okay, so I've been out of hacking for a good number of years now, and I just had some questions since things have changed so much.

First off, does expanding a ROM with JPAN's hacked engine run stably? Also, on the same token, how much more space does it add? And another question about the hacked engine, I'm not 100% sure what you can change. Is the main jist of it the new specials?

And then, my final question, is there an easy/stable way to insert new pokemon? Like over the ? ones I suppose. I don't want to replace any older pokemon if I don't have to.

EDIT: Oh, and after applying the hacked engine patch, pallet town is completely glitched. Any ideas why?
    Oh, I changed the warp to warp to Viridian city, and after I fainted, I was transported to a location outside the map in the pokemon center, and was stuck in the black void that is the wall.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen yesterday
    ^ I can't say anything for the expansion, but to add more Pokemon you can use this tutorial. It's pretty time-consuming, but it works. Alternatively, G3HS has an Expand Pokedex tool, but I've heard that it can cause some bugs.

Is there any way to make Shedinja's slot not have 1 HP?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back