• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2020
    Hey everyone, sorry that I have so much questions, but now I have a new problem.
    Is it possible to create a new flight position? (on a new map)
    (BTW: Thank you all for your kindness and patience)

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Hey everyone, sorry that I have so much questions, but now I have a new problem.
    Is it possible to create a new flight position? (on a new map)
    (BTW: Thank you all for your kindness and patience)

To my knowledge, it would require expanding the amount of flight positions in hex editor.

I have a question too, I was wondering, is there any way to erase a script in the rom? Not just deleting the script in A-map, but cleaning it entirely? I'd like to clear out some of the original FireRed scripts to make some more free space. I heard there is an XSE command(?) but I dont know how to use it if there was. Thanks to anyone who can help out!

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    To my knowledge, it would require expanding the amount of flight positions in hex editor.

I have a question too, I was wondering, is there any way to erase a script in the rom? Not just deleting the script in A-map, but cleaning it entirely? I'd like to clear out some of the original FireRed scripts to make some more free space. I heard there is an XSE command(?) but I dont know how to use it if there was. Thanks to anyone who can help out!

#removeall 0x[offset] removes the whole script and its branches at the specified offset.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2015
    I know I asked this question before but I can't seem to find the character icon for the World Map in Emerald on unlz gba. What I want to do is replace the Character Icon of Brendan with the Character Icon of Red from Pokemon Fire Red. Could anyone with any experience with World Map editing explain to me which tool and procedures I would need to undergo to edit these changes? I would really appreciate the help.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    I know I asked this question before but I can't seem to find the character icon for the World Map in Emerald on unlz gba. What I want to do is replace the Character Icon of Brendan with the Character Icon of Red from Pokemon Fire Red. Could anyone with any experience with World Map editing explain to me which tool and procedures I would need to undergo to edit these changes? I would really appreciate the help.

I believe you just need UNLZ, and APE if you want to change the palette. The image is located at 0x3EF524 and the palette at 0x3EF27C.

Zef

zef
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    hey, i have another scripting question

i'd like to make it so a trainer appears after you get a set amount of badges/enter the hall of fame but i have no idea how to go about this

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
    hey, i have another scripting question

i'd like to make it so a trainer appears after you get a set amount of badges/enter the hall of fame but i have no idea how to go about this

You can just set a flag. For example if you wanted the trainer script after the 5th badge, just have the gym script set a flag so that when you beat him, it sets flag #[blank]. Then in the trainer battle, you can check that flag with checkflag #[blank] to see if it has been set. If it is set, then it will 'goto' the trainer script. You can just use this line after checkflag:
    if 0x1 goto @battle

@battle is the rest of the script IF the flag was set (where the trainer battle goes). If it was not set, it will continue whatever was after that line.

Reactions: Zef
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2020
    Hi hi,
    how do I change what badge I need to use the HM's?
    thank you. :)

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
    Whenever I change the title screen of fire red
    I can change the charizard with a Cresselia with a perfection
    But when I change the background And run the game Only The gengar and nidorino fight comes on and then black screen
    What am I doing wrong

That could be an issue regarding freespace. Are you using freespace finder to find the fs needed and are you making sure to properly repoint the image/raw pointers?

Mueez

Currently Working on "" POKEMON :MYSTERIES OF LEGE
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2023
    That could be an issue regarding freespace. Are you using freespace finder to find the fs needed and are you making sure to properly repoint the image/raw pointers?
    Of course !

I am Using it

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    Having an issue with the tileset animation editor:
    Spoiler:

I'm adding an 8 frame animation to tileset 37. The last frame (step 7) always looks like this, no matter which start tile, animation slot or tile amount I use. From experience I know that it freezes/crashes your game if you try to just paste your animation over this, since it's essentially other data.
    So, what can I do here?

My question from a couple days ago, still haven't found a solution.

Joexv

Years
    Ok this is kinda a n00b question but how do you add running frames to any sprite in nse(for Fire red)?
    It wont let me go past 10.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2016
    does anyone know how to edit the sprites for male hero and oak during the intro? I don't have money for photoshop, and that's something all tutorials seem to use. Heck, is there someone nice that could even do it for me?

Joexv

Years
    My question from a couple days ago, still haven't found a solution.
    I think the only way to fix that is to start with a new animation table for that tileser or maybe just add a new animation and just set that one to an unused tile area.
    does anyone know how to edit the sprites for male hero and oak during the intro? I don't have money for photoshop, and that's something all tutorials seem to use. Heck, is there someone nice that could even do it for me?
    gimp is a good alternative to photoshop, so is paint.net. It may be aa little harder to do (idk) but they are both free.

Overworld sprite editor Rebirth Edition is your friend in this situation.
    Really? I couldnt find anything related to changing the frames in that.

leyn09

Truant Trainer
    Years
    Hello! Does anyone knows how to disable the image showing upon entering mt. moon or diglett cave? Editing the header tabs (show village name section) seems to have no effect.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Would I be correct in assuming that movesprite2 permanently moves the sprite? If so, would it be used after applymovement? (if I want the sprite to stay where I move it)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back