• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
    Thanks a bunch!

There's one more thing that's been bugging me... How does Advance Map 1.95 corrupt rom? Even if I'm just using it for editing map? Advance Map 1.92 is a pain to edit maps. :O Thanks again. :D

It will corrupt it by overwriting important bytes. A lot of the time it will start by over writting scripts, but then once it fills up the space at the end of the rom it'll go to the beginning and mess up stuff there.

Would I be correct in assuming that movesprite2 permanently moves the sprite? If so, would it be used after applymovement? (if I want the sprite to stay where I move it)

Yes it does move the sprite for good. Where you put it in your script all depends on when you want them moved.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    I think the only way to fix that is to start with a new animation table for that tileser or maybe just add a new animation and just set that one to an unused tile area.

Adding a new animation didn't change anything, I still got the error. I've decided to just use 9 frames which works for whatever reason.
    Can you maybe explain how I would change the animation table? I'm guessing it's hex editing, although there doesn't seem to be any documentation on how the tool's routine actually works.

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
    Adding a new animation didn't change anything, I still got the error. I've decided to just use 9 frames which works for whatever reason.
    Can you maybe explain how I would change the animation table? I'm guessing it's hex editing, although there doesn't seem to be any documentation on how the tool's routine actually works.

I dont know if this will work, but it would probably just be as easy as inserting an animation tbale into a backup and then copying the data over to where your current animation table is. or insert it into freespace and repoint as needed,

I have another question!! Yay.:)
    For pokemon emerald, is adding new overworld pallets as simple as just repointing and adding a new pallet pointer to the table? Or is there some sort of limiter that keeps me from that.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Can anyone help me with the implementation of Pre-Battle Mugshots to Emerald? I have almost found the correct offsets to be used in the routine and changed some bytes in the routine too (e.g. the index number of Champion class and Elite Four class). When I implement the current routine (which is listed below), tested it but the mugshot doesn't still appear (only the normal pokeball pre-battle fade out animates). With this implementation, it removes the aqua/magma pre-battle entry animation. Alright! Here is the routines I have modified. Hope that expert Emerald hackers can help me with this one. I have been desperate making this work but still no success. Please help guys. :3

Routine 1:
    Spoiler:

Routine 2:
    Spoiler:

Routine 3:
    Spoiler:

Bytes to be changed:
    Spoiler:

Here's the original thread if you need references: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=240183

colonelsalt

Guaranteed to raise the smile
    Years
    Does anyone know if there is a way to make text appear slower than the default speed at a particular point in a script? I would like to make a textbox consisting of an ellipsis that appears slowly dot-by-dot, and I think I remember seeing this effect in a Pokémon game at one point.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Does anyone know if there is a way to make text appear slower than the default speed at a particular point in a script? I would like to make a textbox consisting of an ellipsis that appears slowly dot-by-dot, and I think I remember seeing this effect in a Pokémon game at one point.

Yes, you can use \c\h08ó which will create a little delay in the message.

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2022
    I'm trying to change some battles, moves and base stats in Stadium 2. Y'know, to spice up the difficulty and have it work alongside a hack of Crystal I'm planning to make if this works.

Thing is, while Hex Editing worked fine on the trainers, the base stats and moves went crazy and threw the rom into an "permanent loop" or at least that's what PJ64 says.

I double checked the offsets and whether or not I was hacking the right move. Apparently nothing wrong. Except for the fact that the rom thinks that changing Pound into a 50BP move is an heresy.

Can someone help me?

Years
    Hi, Im curious if there is a way to move around the order of the pokemon

I am using MrDS rombase, patched with the 64x64 sprites. But I dont wish to include all the pokemon in my game. Is there a tool that allows me to shift their order around? or swap two of them? Or am I going to be stuck adding in each pokemon I wish to include one by one - stats and all.

Alternatively, is there a resource/base that has all Pokemon through gen 5 added that would work on top of MrDS rombase?

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Hi, Im curious if there is a way to move around the order of the pokemon

I am using MrDS rombase, patched with the 64x64 sprites. But I dont wish to include all the pokemon in my game. Is there a tool that allows me to shift their order around? or swap two of them? Or am I going to be stuck adding in each pokemon I wish to include one by one - stats and all.

Alternatively, is there a resource/base that has all Pokemon through gen 5 added that would work on top of MrDS rombase?

For your first question, I believe PGE has a pokedex order editor you can use.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2015
    Hi! Complete hacking newb here. I looked around and saw that you can mix and match existing move effects when editing a new move, and I was wondering if you could do something similar to Pursuit, but it would trigger on an item being used on the Pokemon instead of switching out.

chestertagat

Dumbest Person in the World.
    Years
    Hi , do anyone know how to replace the in battle HP-Bars? cause when i searched for it nothing appears . If someone do know it would be very helpful for as Newbie Hackers . Thanks . :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back