• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
    Are you sure it's not a problem with the item name? Does it only happen with energy powder?

Nope triple checked it..

Edit: I fixed it.. It seems that because of the number of characters in the name it also adds the next item name in the shop.. so I removed the space and its fixed lol

cRaCkZ

Well...
    Years
    Hey ,i need some help.

I want a script for recieve a pokemon
    (ex. It's a Ralts. She is wounded. Take Ralts?) or something like that.

cRaCkZ

Well...
    Years
    Someone know how to:
    -Change NPCs dialogues?
    -Add a pokemon OW sprite ( I want add a Ralts OW)?
    -Change the intro and protagonists sprites in Intro?

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
    Someone know how to:
    -Change NPCs dialogues?
    XSE. You will have to edit the ow sprites scripts.
    -Add a pokemon OW sprite ( I want add a Ralts OW)?
    NSE. Find a sprite you don't want and then draw your ralts.
    -Change the intro and protagonists sprites in Intro?
    There are tutorials for this over in the tutorials section, but I dont have any links on hand so u should give it a look
    Replys in bold

Question of my own!
    Does anyone have the world map palette offset for Emerald? None of the tutorials insert new palettes for the world map and a ape search didn't find much of nothin.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2016
    Idk not sure if this is exactly the right place to put this, but does anyone know of some good sprite artists who work for nothing more than the satisfaction of a job well done (and their name in the credits)? I'm not creative enough to do that sort of thing all by myself :(.

cRaCkZ

Well...
    Years
    Replys in bold

Question of my own!
    Does anyone have the world map palette offset for Emerald? None of the tutorials insert new palettes for the world map and a ape search didn't find much of nothin.

Thanks ;)
    But in open XSE in A-Map to change Fat Guy (Littleroot) dialogue and hit Save As (Save is unavalabile) and saved a .Rbc file, i closed XSE and test game , but nothing happened.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
    Thanks ;)
    But in open XSE in A-Map to change Fat Guy (Littleroot) dialogue and hit Save As (Save is unavalabile) and saved a .Rbc file, i closed XSE and test game , but nothing happened.

You just want to change what he says? Download XSE 1.1.1 (i think thats the latest) and write a script. Compile it, and copy the offset you compiled it to. Go to A-map and to the fat guy and go to his script, in events. Replace the current offset with your new offset that you compiled it to. To write a script, you can learn a lot from this tutorial :)
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=164276

ShadowWolf24

Shadow Wolf
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2016
    Hey. Is there any way I can add a MewTwo event to Pokemon Emerald (I tried just copying from Fire Red... but that didn't exactly work)?

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    Thanks ;)

Use the compile button to put it in your ROM, save as will just save what the script is on your pc, kinda like a notepad file.

^That tutorial is the best

chestertagat

Dumbest Person in the World.
    Years
    Anyone ive been asking this question around PC and no one knows how to do this if anyone know please.. It will help beginner's like me on pokemon hacking.

How to give Pokedex to player not the National Dex.

Ex: After you gave Oak's Parcel to Oak ,

I cant seem to find the special or flag for the give Pokedex Command.

Please anyone that could tell me. Thanks It will be very helpful.

Years
    Anyone ive been asking this question around PC and no one knows how to do this if anyone know please.. It will help beginner's like me on pokemon hacking.

How to give Pokedex to player not the National Dex.

Ex: After you gave Oak's Parcel to Oak ,

I cant seem to find the special or flag for the give Pokedex Command.

Please anyone that could tell me. Thanks It will be very helpful.

You used Oak's parcel as example, so I'm gonna assume you're using FireRed. Use flag 829.

chestertagat

Dumbest Person in the World.
    Years
    You used Oak's parcel as example, so I'm gonna assume you're using FireRed. Use flag 829.

Yeah it worked! It will sure help beginner scripters, Because i replace all the old events with my own made events. Thank You ! Percy! You are truly helpful! Thanks again!

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2021
    Do you guys know any GBC hacks with physical/special split? I once found a hack of Crystal which had this awesome feature but the file got deleted and now I can't seem to find anything but the christmas 2014 hack. Any suggestions? Would love to play that Crystal hack again, feraligatr was actually a viable starter

cRaCkZ

Well...
    Years
    Hello, everyone am new here.
    Can you tell me what do i Exactly need to hack roms?

Some tools like:
    Advanced Map 1.9.2 -Mapping
    A-Starters -Change Starters
    YAPE/Gen3 Hack Suite - Change Pokemon Stats
    XSE - Scripting
    Advanced Sprite Editor or Nameless Sprite Editor 2.x -Edit NPCs and pokemons sprite.
    And others
    Just search on Google.

MY QUESTION:
    In emerald: i edited Littleroot map and moved Player/Rival house in other places and when i go outside the truck i am spawned in old house place . (I moved trucks sprites/events in front of new houses)

EDIT: I use Emerald 650 RomBase. How to change wild pokemon encounter to find in wild gen 4/5 pokemons :D ?

Last edited:
    Years
    hi, I posted this in the G3HS page but am yet to hear back from anyone, cant find my specific issue anywhere

"I've been working on inputting some gen 4 and 5 pokemon in the spaces of existing gen 2 and 3 ones I dont plan on using. The idea is to save time by not having to expand the pokedex, and only having to enter the 70ish gen 4/5 mons I plan on using

the issue I am having, is that when I repoint the moveset (to get the correct # of gen 6 moves the new pokemon will have) it screws up some of the other pokemons movesets

for example. I changed quilava to have a moveset of 16, as I plan on turning this pokemon into monferno, and it has corrupted chimchars moveset (in the space of cyndiquil), and shifted typhlosions as well, adding in moves to its moveset unlocked at level 115 even

sorry if Im not explaining the situation well

the error I am now getting for chimchar's tab is the "trying to load move 511, there are only 510 moves" one. But it is just happening to chimchar, and only after I repointed monferno's moveset to have less moves. And also this has changed the movesets of other pokemon who are past monferno in the pokedex"

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2016
    Hi,
    Does anyone know how to change the 'R' that shows up before team rocket battles when you enter a fight.. Or perhaps where it is located in UNLZ, or a tutorial. Thanks

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2015
    Some tools like:
    XSE - Scripting
    Advanced Sprite Editor or Nameless Sprite Editor 2.x -Edit NPCs and pokemons sprite.
    And others
    Just search on Google.

MY QUESTION:
    In emerald: i edited Littleroot map and moved Player/Rival house in other places and when i go outside the truck i am spawned in old house place . (I moved trucks sprites/events in front of new houses)

EDIT: I use Emerald 650 RomBase. How to change wild pokemon encounter to find in wild gen 4/5 pokemons :D ?
    Thanks

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
    Some tools like:
    XSE - Scripting
    And others
    Just search on Google.

MY QUESTION:

That's because the place where you appear after you leave the truck is determined by the script tiles inside the truck.
    The inside of the truck is map 25:40 the script that determines where you exit to is 0x23BF04
    This controls both boy and girl exit point.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back