• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2024
    Question! Advance Map (1.95) is accepting new tilesets from me but! I cannot change the palettes no matter what. I have seen tutorials where there is a nifty "Write Palette changes to ROM" button but this does not appear on my Advance Map (As it does appear from other tutorials to appear on 1.95). What is preventing me from changing the palettes?

EDIT: More information on the problem, the tiles I would like to use come in a patch but that patch over writes tilesets I really want to use. That is why I want to manually insert them. On the patched rom I can change the palettes on other tilesets without any problems.... so what is the problem?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    Question! Advance Map (1.95) is accepting new tilesets from me but! I cannot change the palettes no matter what. I have seen tutorials where there is a nifty "Write Palette changes to ROM" button but this does not appear on my Advance Map (As it does appear from other tutorials to appear on 1.95). What is preventing me from changing the palettes?

Use 1.92, it's widely considered the safest version. It also has the button you mentioned.

Years
    Three questions:

1. I'm using g3hs after expanding the amount of pokemon. But when i try to add a sprite from Turtwig or Magnezone (probably doesn't work with other gen 4 and up pokemon, haven't tried though), it gets all glitchy. The palettes don't match the original.

2. When i try to use advanced sprite editor, it doesn't want to co-operate with my fire red rom with expanded pokemon or with Mr.DollSteak's rombase.

3. When i patch my fire red rom with Mr.DollSteaks's rombase, the option for expanding pokemon disappears. How do i fix this?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2024
    Now that I am a bit further into the development of my ROM hack more questions must be asked!
    First: Are there any patches that only add Sinnoh Pokemon for Fire Red?
    Second: I would like to activate the National Pokedex at the start of the game, how would I do this?
    Third: In Fire Red, from the start I know that any new evolution additions from other games are disabled (EX: Eevee to Umbreon/Pichu) Are these evolutions enabled with the national pokedex?

Years
    Now that I am a bit further into the development of my ROM hack more questions must be asked!
    First: Are there any patches that only add Sinnoh Pokemon for Fire Red?
    Second: I would like to activate the National Pokedex at the start of the game, how would I do this?
    Third: In Fire Red, from the start I know that any new evolution additions from other games are disabled (EX: Eevee to Umbreon/Pichu) Are these evolutions enabled with the national pokedex?

1 - Don't know. Also interested.
    2 - https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=349355
    3 - Yes, man. Tested.

Years
    I'm having trouble with the advanced sprite editor. When i try to add the sprites i want to use, their colours don't match the original. This goes especially for the back sprites.

Years
    Sync Palettes -> Update Palettes.

Still doesn't work.

https://i.imgur.com/cYGnAQq.png

When i try it on Magnezone, both the front and back sprite appear like that.

Edit: Apparently, it was glitching because i though i had to resize the image to 64x64, i'm such a fricking noob xD

Double edit: Welp, naturally another problem occurs. Turns out, the sprites are supposed to be 64x64. I guess the problem is the resizing. I'm tried resizing with both paint and photoshop, both ended up in a glitchy palette mess. Any idea on how to solve this?

Last edited:
    Years

Still doesn't work.

https://i.imgur.com/cYGnAQq.png

When i try it on Magnezone, both the front and back sprite appear like that.

Edit: Apparently, it was glitching because i though i had to resize the image to 64x64, i'm such a fricking noob xD

Double edit: Welp, naturally another problem occurs. Turns out, the sprites are supposed to be 64x64. I guess the problem is the resizing. I'm tried resizing with both paint and photoshop, both ended up in a glitchy palette mess. Any idea on how to solve this?
    You should index the palette with Irfanview or Photoshop, as I think that's your problem right now.

Years
    Hey guys! Hope you're all fine 
    Would you mind to tell me if there are roms with Kalos pokémons and mega evos?

I know that some have mega evolution but I didn't find an hack with all Kalos pokémons
    Thanks in advance!

Years
    Hey guys! Hope you're all fine
    Would you mind to tell me if there are roms with Kalos pokémons and mega evos?

I know that some have mega evolution but I didn't find an hack with all Kalos pokémons
    Thanks in advance!
    There are no ROMs with it. You will only find IPS patches here.
    There are patches in the Tools/Tutorials/Resources section for ROM bases with all the Pokémon in them, and you should check out Touched's Mega-Evolution thread in the Research & Development section to make sure any of those patches actually use real mega-evolution rather than faked mega-evos. Of course, you can also get more information on how to implement your own mega-evolution in Touched's threads as well.

Years
    There are no ROMs with it. You will only find IPS patches here.
    There are patches in the Tools/Tutorials/Resources section for ROM bases with all the Pokémon in them, and you should check out Touched's Mega-Evolution thread in the Research & Development section to make sure any of those patches actually use real mega-evolution rather than faked mega-evos. Of course, you can also get more information on how to implement your own mega-evolution in Touched's threads as well.

Is there a patch that adds all Generation IV Pokémon to Fire Red?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back