• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Well you dont need FSF if your making scripts. Just use dynamic 0ffsets instead of static. so use @start instead of a normal offset for you code. Then you should have no problems.

Oh and I hath a question. Is it possible to store all of the players pokemon into the game as to allow you to have more than one party? Kinda of a battle tower like system, just without the battle tower.

I do use dynamic. I didn't know there was a different one for XSE, which is what I use. I do need FSF because how else would I find free space?

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
    I do use dynamic. I didn't know there was a different one for XSE, which is what I use. I do need FSF because how else would I find free space?

The only other way to find free space, besides using FSF is using a Hex Editor. Search the rom for FF bytes and that is your free space. Most of it is around 0x800000. But it is inconvienent. So use FSF. A common problem is not searching for Free Space "FF" instead of "00"

EDIT: You may have an older version of FSF or XSE

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023

If you are using XSE 1.1.1, if you type #dynamic 0x800000 it will look for FF in 0x800000 and up.

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2014
    the "Error 13 "Mismatch" is just telling you something is wrong with the script you are using ill give you an example

if you want to use a givepokemon command it requires 6 different sets of numbers the first is the pokemon (in hex) the second one is the level (in hex) and the third is an item for the pokemon to hold (also in hex) the three following it are just fillers if you remove them you will get a type mismatch

if you have an anti-virus thats blocking your tools you should try and change the seettings on your anti virus and add an exception to the tools you use so they arent blocked

also if anyone knows how do you change the music in a wild pokemon battle with dowildbattle

But I'm not trying to run or compile any script. I simply click the XSE.exe to open it up and I get that error.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2019
    But I'm not trying to run or compile any script. I simply click the XSE.exe to open it up and I get that error.
    Ok hold up, let's get some things straight. Did you previously compile a script before, and now you're getting errors on a different script, or are you getting this error from a clean rom? If it's the former, then you probably screwed up somewhere, probably due to not using the #dynamic command. If it's the latter, get a different copy of XSE, and see if that works.

FsaterThanDark

Professional Weirdo
    Years
    Need some quick help, I wasnt picking up anything on google or bing

Im using Advance Map 1.9.5 and Pksvui 2.1.1 (yes i know ppl recommend XsE, but i suck with it, i have NO IDEA what im doing- im a visual learner so im not as good with all those numbers)

Whenever i compile a "find item" script - item ball or invisible - I can pick up the item, but as soon as i move to another space the item respawns. I'd just like to know what is causing this particular bug and how to fix it. its a bit irritating.

I may remove this post if i find a solution before a reply
    im working on a way to post the video - i dont feel like setting up a youtube account, but i will if necessary

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2014
    Ok hold up, let's get some things straight. Did you previously compile a script before, and now you're getting errors on a different script, or are you getting this error from a clean rom? If it's the former, then you probably screwed up somewhere, probably due to not using the #dynamic command. If it's the latter, get a different copy of XSE, and see if that works.

Look, from these replies I'm sorta getting the idea that maybe I'm just not using the program. Can anyone explain to me exactly how to operate XSE? Because all I did was copy-paste contents from the XSE download file to my PC, then I tried to click the XSE.exe to run it and got that error.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2019
    Look, from these replies I'm sorta getting the idea that maybe I'm just not using the program. Can anyone explain to me exactly how to operate XSE? Because all I did was copy-paste contents from the XSE download file to my PC, then I tried to click the XSE.exe to run it and got that error.
    Oh wait sorry, I confused you with NG55 there for a second. Sorry about that. Try getting XSE 1.1.1 from a different source and see if that works.

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2014
    That shouldn't be the cause of the problem, but I'd recommend you get XSE 1.1.1 anyway, since that's the current version of XSE.

Ok, I got a new download and it's running now. Just two more things, one, do I need anything else besides XSE and AdvancedMap? And two, where can I find a good tutorial to learn how to script?

Years
    Need some quick help, I wasnt picking up anything on google or bing

Im using Advance Map 1.9.5 and Pksvui 2.1.1 (yes i know ppl recommend XsE, but i suck with it, i have NO IDEA what im doing- im a visual learner so im not as good with all those numbers)

Whenever i compile a "find item" script - item ball or invisible - I can pick up the item, but as soon as i move to another space the item respawns. I'd just like to know what is causing this particular bug and how to fix it. its a bit irritating.

I may remove this post if i find a solution before a reply
    im working on a way to post the video - i dont feel like setting up a youtube account, but i will if necessary

Pksvui is very old and it will only work for a few people, it probably doesnt like you :P
    It didn't like me either so I switched to XSE, and trust me, it's very easy to learn.
    Also, most people will tell you not to use A-map 1.95, since it's just a Beta and the creator wont finish it. So yeah, just use A-map 1.92

Years
    If you are using XSE 1.1.1, if you type #dynamic 0x800000 it will look for FF in 0x800000 and up.

Ok? And?

The only other way to find free space, besides using FSF is using a Hex Editor. Search the rom for FF bytes and that is your free space. Most of it is around 0x800000. But it is inconvienent. So use FSF. A common problem is not searching for Free Space "FF" instead of "00"

EDIT: You may have an older version of FSF or XSE

I'm not doing anything wrong with the freaking free space!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Does anyone know if it's possible to display the Hall Of Fame in FireRed without the credits/restarting game part? You know, kinda similar to how it is when you view it in the PC - so that it just returns you to what you were doing?

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
    Does anyone know if it's possible to display the Hall Of Fame in FireRed without the credits/restarting game part? You know, kinda similar to how it is when you view it in the PC - so that it just returns you to what you were doing?

Special 0x107 is whats used in the pc script. Idk if it will work outside of it though.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2019
    Ok, I got a new download and it's running now. Just two more things, one, do I need anything else besides XSE and AdvancedMap? And two, where can I find a good tutorial to learn how to script?
    XSE 1.1.1 and AdvancedMap 1.9.2 should be enough for your scripting/mapping needs for now. But later on, I'd advise you to get MEH after it gets a stable beta release and ditch AdvancedMap. Also, check out diegoisawesome's XSE tutorial if you want to learn more about scripting.

I'm not doing anything wrong with the freaking free space!
    . Nice attitude towards people trying to help you. Also, XSE doesn't screw itself like that when it comes to de compiling scripts, so we're naturally assuming that you overwrote a part of Blue's script when you were compiling other scripts. Maybe some info on whether you're using a clean rom or not would help? Also, the Viridian mart script you're looking for is a level script. Go look up a tutorial on level scripts.

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
    Hope this rule is still a thing: My questions still unanswered after a few days so Im asking it agin:)

Oh and I hath a question. Is it possible to store all of the players pokemon into the game as to allow you to have more than one party? Kinda of a battle tower like system, just without the battle tower.

Years
    Hope this rule is still a thing: My questions still unanswered after a few days so Im asking it agin:)

I'm sure that at least in emerald there are a couple of specials, one to store your party and one to get it back
    They are used before and after the tag battle with Steven
    In FireRed however, I'm not sure if there is anyone, but there probably is for the battle tower, you should look into it

Okay, nooby question:
    Pokemart scripts??
    I mean "Sell" etc.

The command is called pokemart
    If you're using google chrome, just hit ctrl+f and type in pokemart in here

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back