• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    How do you change the map footer of a map so I can change how Mirage Island looks in Pokemon Emerald.

Thanks

There's a level script in Route 130 that has the "setmapfooter" command, this is how the map's footer changes (to 0x107 in this case) and so Mirage Island can be seen. I'm unsure how map footers are numbered, but the level script also has a setmapfooter 0x2E command, which is number 46 in decimal, and Route 130 is the map at 0.45, so I'm assuming the map footers are numbered starting from 1, from map bank 0 and up. I'm not familiar with Emerald so I don't know where the Mirage Island map is located, but if you change the "setmapfooter 0x107" command to a different footer, and you edit the map with that footer, that would be the map that appears whenever Mirage Island is accessible.

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    AdvanceMap doesn't give you the option of editing Mirage Island, the header is there but there in no map data. How can I get it so that it appears in AdvanceMap.

*inb4 it has a 1 in 65535 chance of appearing on AdvanceMap, haha.

Years
  • There's a level script in Route 130 that has the "setmapfooter" command, this is how the map's footer changes (to 0x107 in this case) and so Mirage Island can be seen. I'm unsure how map footers are numbered, but the level script also has a setmapfooter 0x2E command, which is number 46 in decimal, and Route 130 is the map at 0.45, so I'm assuming the map footers are numbered starting from 1, from map bank 0 and up. I'm not familiar with Emerald so I don't know where the Mirage Island map is located, but if you change the "setmapfooter 0x107" command to a different footer, and you edit the map with that footer, that would be the map that appears whenever Mirage Island is accessible.

I have tried this already and the background still shows. I think the black in my sprite is actually being read as my background because it has turned into the same creamy white that is the background of the battle.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    I have tried this already and the background still shows. I think the black in my sprite is actually being read as my background because it has turned into the same creamy white that is the background of the battle.

DId you edit the palette of the image and reinsert it into the ROM? If you swap the black colour at the start of the palette with the background colour and reinsert it should work fine.

Years
  • DId you edit the palette of the image and reinsert it into the ROM? If you swap the black colour at the start of the palette with the background colour and reinsert it should work fine.

Whenever I copy and paste the image to the edited palette image, the palette changes back to what it was. I have tried copying just the image without copying the palette, but no luck so far.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Whenever I copy and paste the image to the edited palette image, the palette changes back to what it was. I have tried copying just the image without copying the palette, but no luck so far.

Save the image with the edited palette, open both images in Paint and paste the original one on the fixed palette one.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
  • The dropdown name of the floor you're on is determined by a value in the map header, which you can view by pressing Ctrl+H in Advance Map's header tab. Here's a quick and dirty rundown on what the values mean:

Spoiler:

The byte that you need to change if you want to add/ remove/ edit the floor number is byte 27, the second last byte in the header. For most maps the byte is set to 00 which disables the floor feature. Setting the byte to 01 will say you're on F1, 02 is F2, 03 is F3 etc. This pattern ends at 63 (F99) as the game is unable to display a three-digit number as a floor number. You can also use basement floors like in Team Rocket's Celedon hideout by setting the byte to FF which will say you're on B1F, FE will show B2F, FD will show B3F and so on. This continues until 9D (B99F) as once again, the game can't display a three-digit number here.

Thanks a ton for the help on that :P however... I actually needed to change the name of the building itself, not the floor numbers :( For example, pretend I moved the celadon dpmt. Store to saffron city, and I wanted to change the name from celadon dept. F1 (etc) to Saffron Dept. Ya, I want to change the "Celadon" in "Celadon Dept. Store" to "Saffron Dept. Store." So, how would I change that part as oppose to the floor names? :)

Thanks again!

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2023
    i have a problem..
    i cant find pokemon icons for gen4 pokemons in 32x64 size .. does any of you know where i can find them or have them and can somehow upload them or something ?
    oh and icons that are seen in PC and when viewing poke team

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • i have a problem..
    i cant find pokemon icons for gen4 pokemons in 32x64 size .. does any of you know where i can find them or have them and can somehow upload them or something ?
    oh and icons that are seen in PC and when viewing poke team

These arent 32x64 but it's about as close as you will get.
    https://www.mediafire.com/download/w8h3zqs5h9w63vk/Icons.zip

Credits to Flame for putting the pack together.
    https://wahackforo.com/t-29059/gba-hacking-complete-pack-by-flame-v3-0-tool-pack

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    ..... No the palette still wont stay. The original palette is coping over the edited palette.

Since you are using Unlz-GBA...
    Before you open your ROM with Unlz-GBA, please delete the files with the .pal and the .spr extensions.

Spoiler:

After you'd done that, you can open your ROM with it again.

And then, since you're using Unlz-GBA, just follow my video tutorial for inserting sprites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-gLtPTQnrA
    It shows you how to insert PKMN sprites, but the method is the same for inserting trainer sprites.

Hope this helps!

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2023
    These arent 32x64 but it's about as close as you will get.
    http ://ww w.me diafire. com/downloa d/w8h3zqs5h9w63vk/Icons.zip

Credits to Flame for putting the pack together.
    http ://waha ckforo .com/t-29 059/gba -hacking-c o mplete-pack-by-f lame-v3-0-tool-pack

i have those normal 32x32 but im using G3HS and am only able to use 32x64 ..
    is there any other program that allowes me to use those icons ?

EDIT: Nevermind, i made icons myself.. i can upload them somewhere if someone else needs but i dont know how haha

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2016
    IPS/UPS game files

is there a good IPS/UPS file player... if there is plz send a link, would be much appreciated...thx

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2020
    Having a major (is minor, but feels major) annoyance.
    When warping from one map to another map (after the exiting animation) it hangs in a black screen forever, halting progress completely.

It works when I change the warp to warp to a different map, just not this particular map. -Stopped working with all maps.
    Although it's not such a big of a flaw that I won't be able to continue the hack it is something I'd like to iron out.

*fixed, you have to replace the map with itself if you have this problem

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Hi, what unlz number is this: (Pokemon fire red)

Spoiler:

I believe that the tileset and tilemaps are 127 and 128 respectively for FireRed (if not, check around those numbers). You'll need to set unLZ to black & white mode to identify it correctly.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2015
    I messed up while following a title screen edit tutorial. Is this fixable?

Spoiler:

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • Once upon a time in a land far far away I actually managed to get the 256/240 color titlescreen to work, but a couple of months later and I'm stuck at the same exact spot as many people were in the original thread: I can't seem to remove the glitchy blocks that appear right before the actual titlescreen.

Spoiler:

The pictures above go in order from left to right. First the white line that usually runs through the titlescreen has some repeating pattern over it that doesn't seem to disappear. Second the screen should go white for a second or two but instead of a blank color there's the same glitchy tiles from before. And lastly in the regular titlescreen where the black bars come in from both sides right before the charizard pops up on the screen, there's now glitchy tiles and some colors from my titlescreen.

So far I've tried:
    -Replacing the charizard and background image with transparent tiles, replacing their respective raws with the raws provided in the tutorial, and blanking out the line at around 140
    -Replacing the charizard and background image with transparent tiles, replacing their respective raws with transparent tiles, and blanking out the line at around 140
    -Not touching anything

So far none of these ideas have worked to get rid of the glitchy tiles, any suggestions or different courses of action?

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Does anyone knows how to have the second worldmap (third or more) in Pokemon Emerald? If so, please tell how. I have been looking for that tutorial but then I have seen someone did it but I didn't find answers how to do it. Any method is appreciated as long as it is flyable.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back