• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    still nothing :/

In a clean FR ROM, it should have "97 28 14 DD" at 0xCE91A. If it says 00 00 14 E0, change it to that, then change the 97 to FB. If it says neither of those things... well, I don't know what to say. It should be there.

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2023
    In a clean FR ROM, it should have "97 28 14 DD" at 0xCE91A. If it says 00 00 14 E0, change it to that, then change the 97 to FB. If it says neither of those things... well, I don't know what to say. It should be there.

i changed as you told me to but still nothing happens thats what i meant sorry

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2023
    Huh. It's worked for me before. Oh well.
    It probably has to do with your evolution type, for which I have no solution. Sorry.

well i did edit it with g3hs .. so maybe its something wrong with that.. i should try it with other pokemons i changed evo's to stones and i will see if it happens to all or just eevee
    i cant use stones for any pokemon which's evo was edited by me.. i can easily evolve nidorina to queen and so on but cant evolve roselia to roserade and eevee to other evo's and so on...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2015
    How do I remove an old scripters script on the hack I am using? I already removed the person he used for the script event but the script continues to happen. I went into A MAP to look for the script but there is no scripting tile on that map. Any suggestions as to what I should do?

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
  • well i did edit it with g3hs .. so maybe its something wrong with that.. i should try it with other pokemons i changed evo's to stones and i will see if it happens to all or just eevee
    i cant use stones for any pokemon which's evo was edited by me.. i can easily evolve nidorina to queen and so on but cant evolve roselia to roserade and eevee to other evo's and so on...

Did you edit their evolution methods?

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • How do I remove an old scripters script on the hack I am using? I already removed the person he used for the script event but the script continues to happen. I went into A MAP to look for the script but there is no scripting tile on that map. Any suggestions as to what I should do?

It sounds like a level script. It means it happens on map enter, not on a tile or upon talking to someone.

To remove it, go to the header tab of the map and remove the level script from there.

sajuuktrinity

Software Developer
    Years
  • I am just now getting into hacking (more like modifying) second generation Pokemon games with hexadecimal editors and VisualBoyAdvance, but have recently downloaded PKSV (the "user interface version" apparently) and CheatEngine. Two quick questions: other than IIMarckus' Pokemon (GSC?) Scripting Compendium, are there any other relative documents that might be helpful when beginning scripting for second generation Pokemon games? That's one. And now the other: is CheatEngine even useful when debugging/modifying data in real time? I've used it before, but not for this specific purpose. I was just wondering if I even need it at all (for any situation possible).

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • ok indexed the image with CMP but now my ROM crashes whenever I access it.

Ok your doing smething weird cause I've never had any issues with inseting a trainer sprite.
    What size is your sprite? Are you useing nse 2 or unlz to insert it?

Skaraborne

The sharpest 'mon in the thread
    Years
  • Hey guys, I know this question has been asked quite a few times but since I'm too lazy to search for it happy this thread exists I wanted to ask you. Where is the offset of the intro sprites of Red, Leaf and Prof. Oak? If you know, I'd like to know the palettes too. Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2015
    Ok your doing smething weird cause I've never had any issues with inseting a trainer sprite.
    It may be because the sprite's width or height is not a multiple of 8 or the color depth is not 4bpp or 8bpp. I will soon release a tool which automatically reduces a sprites color depth, optionally with splitting the image into segments and cutting out double instances of each tile. You will be also able to edit the palette afterwards.

Slowpoke13 said:
    Hey guys, I know this question has been asked quite a few times but since I'm too lazy to search for it happy this thread exists I wanted to ask you. Where is the offset of the intro sprites of Red, Leaf and Prof. Oak? If you know, I'd like to know the palettes too. Thanks!

Again, I don't know the exact offsets but the sprites are, in case you did not modify too many sprites yet, around #100 in any LZ77 graphics editor :-)

Years
  • Ok your doing smething weird cause I've never had any issues with inseting a trainer sprite.

The size is 64x64 as it should be and I use unlz to insert. I would post a video on how I try to insert an image, but I haven't posted more than 15 times yet.....

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2015
    TopoftheFlops, would you be so kind to upload your sprite, censor the link and post it here? This might help us finding the error.

leyn09

Truant Trainer
    Years
  • How do I edit the Menu box? Like changing the word "Pokemon" into something?

Should I just convert "Pokemon" into hex and search it via hex editor than replace it? Is it safe?

I've attached image of what I'm pertaining about :) Thanks in advance. :D

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2015
    Yes but it would take some time as the string "Pokémon" exists multiple times. :-)

Skaraborne

The sharpest 'mon in the thread
    Years
  • Another question: How do you make a fainted Pokémon permanent? I read about this somewhere but I don't remember where... Thanks.

daniilS

busy trying to do stuff not done yet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2024
    So, it is really safe to do that? If you say so, I'll give it a try. Thanks! :)

It'd be more effective to search for the less common strings, like Option and Save, then see if there's a table pointing to those. Although I bet somebody's already found it and it's hidden somewhere in the endless depths of R&D.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back