• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2022
    Could someone help me out with applying MrDS' decap and attack/special split patch? When I do, I apply the ips patch to a 1.0 FireRed rom, change the rom ID using HxDen to MrDS, then open it in gen 3 suite. Despite all of that, everything is borken, as per Bulbasaur's move pool:

Actually, apparently I can't post a direct image link because I don't have enough posts. The move pool is all \x everywhere for some reason. I made sure to use the ini that came with MrDS' 1.5a download when loading gen 3 suite, too.

Years
  • TopoftheFlops, would you be so kind to upload your sprite, censor the link and post it here? This might help us finding the error.

laxe I cant post the link because I have not posted 15 times yet, but I uploaded the non indexed sprite to PC and is in my albums now so you can check it there if you want. Btw joexv could you tell me how you index with CMP since I apparently did it wrong?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    laxe I cant post the link because I have not posted 15 times yet, but I uploaded the non indexed sprite to PC and is in my albums now so you can check it there if you want. Btw joexv could you tell me how you index with CMP since I apparently did it wrong?

You can upload it on the internet and post the link here. However, as you've stated, you need to have at least 15 posts to post a link. However, as laxe mentioned, you can "censor" your link so you can still post it. Like this...
    www,i62,tinypic,com/2zhnuvl,jpg
    Anyway, try and use Unlz-GBA and use this image that I've indexed for you.
    2zhnuvl.jpg

Note: Save it as .PNG. I do not know why tinypic always changes their image extensions into .JPG -,-

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    Just a quck question on DoesntKnowHowToPlay's physical/special split. Where is the patch applied? Patches usually write things in free space which for some might not be free space anymore, so what actually has changed in my ROM?

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • Just a quck question on DoesntKnowHowToPlay's physical/special split. Where is the patch applied? Patches usually write things in free space which for some might not be free space anymore, so what actually has changed in my ROM?

As far as I know the physical and special split patch only overwrites existing structures and code instead of using new space.

Years
  • Man, this whole thread thing in confusing. I want a tutorial or something to help me navigate this site. I want to know how to quickly find my past posts. And I really want to know how to get my hands on some pokemon GBA hacks now that coolrom lost all its downloadable Nintendo content.

Years
  • You can upload it on the internet and post the link here. However, as you've stated, you need to have at least 15 posts to post a link. However, as laxe mentioned, you can "censor" your link so you can still post it. Like this...
    www,i62,tinypic,com/2zhnuvl,jpg
    Anyway, try and use Unlz-GBA and use this image that I've indexed for you.
    2zhnuvl.jpg

Note: Save it as .PNG. I do not know why tinypic always changes their image extensions into .JPG -,-

It worked!!! How did you do it? I am assuming I am going to have to get tiny pic now?

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Does anyone know how to import your own music into your hack?

You'd use a music hacking tool such as sappy to playback and insert songs and sounds and soundbanks etc. I have an old sappy tutorial, but it's not very good and the images are broken. If you pay attention you won't need images though.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
  • So I'm trying to insert new tiles into a Firered rom, but I'm not sure what the limitations are for a specific tileset/tilemap. Are there any size or palette limits, or any in general?

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • So I'm trying to insert new tiles into a Firered rom, but I'm not sure what the limitations are for a specific tileset/tilemap. Are there any size or palette limits, or any in general?
    Well you shouldn't be changing the size of the tileset if you're using A-map to insert them(which is recomended)
    But there are restrictions, I cant recall the size limit but the main tilesets use 0-6 pallets in a-map and then the secondary tilesets use the rest of them.
    Hope thats what you were wanting.
    But all in all 7 pallets for main set. 6 for the second set.

GoGoJJTech

Years

Everything has a limit. There is a limited amount of space, so you can't have 3 billion tiles and expect it to work. The GBA wouldn't even have enough RAM space for that to work if it did work. I don't know the specifics for FR since I really don't care to remember that stuff and I changed it for myself. Just know that there is a limit and amap should tell you what that limit is in the block editor.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    ok so whenever I copy the old sprite over the indexed one, it becomes unindexed for some reason. Should I reindex the image or do something else?

You are probably using a version of MS Paint that removes the 'indexed' thingie on the image. I suggest you use the Windows XP version of MS Paint. ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back