• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
    Hey all, I know it has been said and done before, but I don't know how to go about doing it myself. How would I remove that part in FireRed that basically recaps what you previously did, when you hit continue.. That whole black and white scenario, how would I change that? I feel like I could just change some hex offsets, but I'm not sure it's that easy.. Can't find a tut anywhere, help appreciated :)

Thanks in advance.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2016
    Is there a way to change the player sprite in the middle of the game. Not as an option to change at any time, but as a part of the story. Using FireRed.
    This is my first post, so hopefully this is in the right section.

PurpleOrange

still don't know what I'm doing
    Years
    Hey all, I know it has been said and done before, but I don't know how to go about doing it myself. How would I remove that part in FireRed that basically recaps what you previously did, when you hit continue.. That whole black and white scenario, how would I change that? I feel like I could just change some hex offsets, but I'm not sure it's that easy.. Can't find a tut anywhere, help appreciated :)

Thanks in advance.

scroll down to where it says removing the flashback system https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=239080

Years
    Ok I have a few more questions for yall (since yall are the experts)

So I have Advanced Text but it is not working. Whenever I try to access it the error message "Component 'Comdlg32.ocx.' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid" comes up. Now I have done research on how to fix this and what I have found is this tutorial https://www.vizzed.com/boards/thread.php?id=19319 Is there another way to to get Advanced Text up and running without having to mess with my Command Prompt? Yes I have tries replacing Comdlg32.ocx with another one off I downloaded from a site but no luck.

My second question would be how do you gather all the script files, unlz file, etc and put them all into one program? Like what you do with a hack to make it just one file to download instead of downloading all the script changes, sprite changes, etc.

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
    Ok I have a few more questions for yall (since yall are the experts)

So I have Advanced Text but it is not working. Whenever I try to access it the error message "Component 'Comdlg32.ocx.' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid" comes up. Now I have done research on how to fix this and what I have found is this tutorial https://www.vizzed.com/boards/thread.php?id=19319 Is there another way to to get Advanced Text up and running without having to mess with my Command Prompt? Yes I have tries replacing Comdlg32.ocx with another one off I downloaded from a site but no luck.

My second question would be how do you gather all the script files, unlz file, etc and put them all into one program? Like what you do with a hack to make it just one file to download instead of downloading all the script changes, sprite changes, etc.
    No there is no other way to do it. I dont understand why you dont want to mess with your command prompt. It wont do anything to harm your computer unless you tell it to.:P

And im not sure what you mean for your second question.

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
    Is there a way to change the player sprite in the middle of the game. Not as an option to change at any time, but as a part of the story. Using FireRed.

Hmm.. I don't think that has been possible yet, well that is for me. For your sake, I'm keeping your question alive so that someone with the enough knowings to answer your question lol but I do recommend that you should search about it

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023

I'm pretty sure OW Switching is one of the features of JPAN's Hacked Engine or can be done via ASM routines. From what I can tell there isn't one in our ASM Resource Thread at the moment. Depending on your skill you may be able to make your own, though.

Last edited:
    Years
    No there is no other way to do it. I dont understand why you dont want to mess with your command prompt. It wont do anything to harm your computer unless you tell it to.:P

And im not sure what you mean for your second question.

Ok just making sure their was no another way to get Advanced Text to work.

As for my second question, you know how want to download a hack and what you download is one single program?How do you gather all the changes made to your hack that are not part of the main hack program and meld them into one program?

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
    I'm pretty sure OW Switching is one of the features of JPAN's Hacked Engine or can be done via ASM routines. From what I can tell there isn't one in our ASM Resource Thread at the moment. Depending on your skill you may be able to make your own, though.

I made one too, it's much better than JPAN's version. I'll post it when I can, I've got a pile of things that need posting, and I'm getting too lazy to type the explanation posts for people to use it properly :x

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
    Any one know where the offsets are located that determine where your player goes after you beat the game and use the special 0x110 command?

FR btw

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
    Years
    Is there any way to change which map a header is linked to? For example, say I want to make the Monean Chamber display Kanto's map when I open the town map or fly menu. It's probably possible, but I can't figure out how.

Years
    Is there any way to change which map a header is linked to? For example, say I want to make the Monean Chamber display Kanto's map when I open the town map or fly menu. It's probably possible, but I can't figure out how.

This was answered by Jambo51 a while back here.

It's determined by a set of arrays in the ROM. These arrays are terminated with the byte 0xC5 (as 0xC5 is the highest map ID in FR). It searches through each array, one by one, and if it finds the map name ID, it stops.

The exception to this rule is if the map name is less than 0x8F (so, 0x8E and down), then it automatically appears in Kanto.

It's relatively simple to redefine which maps appear in Kanto, and just as easy to define which maps appear elsewhere by repointing the arrays.

The Kanto definition byte is at 0xC0064 and the arrays start at 0x3F1AA4 and end at 0x3F1AFF (Total data size) with Sevii Islands 1 starting at 0x3F1AA4, Sevii Islands 2 starting at 0x3F1AC2 and Sevii Islands 3 starting at 0x3F1AE0.

By changing these bytes around (and repointing if necessary) you can define which map name appears on which map quite easily.

ETA: The world map flags only control the availability of flight spots, additional information and the colour of the minor locations on the world map, nothing more.

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
    Years
    This was answered by Jambo51 a while back here.
    Oh my God, thank you! Turns out it's super easy, provided I study the format a little, though for now I changed the Kanto definition byte to C5. Not only that, it also fixed the Town Map crashing when opened in the Celadon Dept. map header. Guess I solved two problems at once. (also, sorry for not searching through the old thread too; hope it's not a problem)

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2024
    How do you add fairy type moves to PGE? I already have the fairy type implemented but there is nowhere in the ini where you edit types.
    You don't. Last I checked PGE crashes hard at any mention of the Fairy-Type, it's flat out not compatible and you can't make it compatible. Either alter the tables by a hex editor or G3T's move editor instead for this function.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Okay, so, this is a problem that always happens to me. Every time I walk into a new map, the map name does not show. I make sure that the settings are the same as in Emerald, but wtf, this always happens. Anyone know a fix?

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
    Okay, so, this is a problem that always happens to me. Every time I walk into a new map, the map name does not show. I make sure that the settings are the same as in Emerald, but wtf, this always happens. Anyone know a fix?

I don't know what's wrong there. What map editor are you using? I'm sure if you input a new name and make the settings the name will appear and click save should be alright.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    I don't know what's wrong there. What map editor are you using? I'm sure if you input a new name and make the settings the name will appear and click save should be alright.

Advance map. I'm gonna go check if it's only the maps I've modified or just all the maps in general.

Edit: it's happening with every map.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2016
    I've been looking for an ASM compiler, but the only one I could find was a dead link.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back