• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

daniilS

busy trying to do stuff not done yet
Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2024
    Because UNLZ gives the wrong offsets.. I've tried it for various images and they all lead me to a different offset.

For me that used to happen when navigating backwards. Either going to a number directly or navigating forward should work.

Years
    • CO
    • Seen Mar 16, 2023
    Can someone help me out with a Bank/ATM Script?
    Now I have been working on it using another as a base but its just not working out...

If someone can simple explain how money can be deposited, withdrawn and balance checked with in var say 0x40FF for example.
    Also what is making it so hard is trying to get it to store $999,999,999,999.

I don't expect anyone to do it for me but a simple draft with an explanation would be amazing help at this point....

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • Can someone help me out with a Bank/ATM Script?
    Now I have been working on it using another as a base but its just not working out...

If someone can simple explain how money can be deposited, withdrawn and balance checked with in var say 0x40FF for example.
    Also what is making it so hard is trying to get it to store $999,999,999,999.

I don't expect anyone to do it for me but a simple draft with an explanation would be amazing help at this point....

A var is two bytes. Max it can store is 0xFFFF (65535)
    What you're trying to do is impossible with a var, so use four bytes (0xFFFFFFFF[65535^2]). This means you'll need a free space in the save data ram.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2015
    I have a question. Which tool do I use to edit the character icon on the World Map for Pokemon Emerald? I wanna replace Brendan's Character Icon with Red's

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
  • For me that used to happen when navigating backwards. Either going to a number directly or navigating forward should work.

Hmm. Makes no difference, still gives off the wrong offests.

I have a question. Which tool do I use to edit the character icon on the World Map for Pokemon Emerald? I wanna replace Brendan's Character Icon with Red's

You would need to use UNLZ-GBA to edit this. I'm not aware of the location, however. But once you do find it, you need to import your indexted Icon over the old one. Finally you must find it's palette offset, which you can edit using APE.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2021
    Is firered overworld sprite 111 on advancemap a cubone or a marowak? I would post a picture but my post count isn't high enough, sorry.

ssj

Kanto Legend
    Years
  • Hi All,

What is the best way to test scripts out ?
    Reloading the rom and playing up to the script insertion/change is a tedious task.

Are there any quick ways of testing out scripts?

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
  • Hi All,

What is the best way to test scripts out ?
    Reloading the rom and playing up to the script insertion/change is a tedious task.

Are there any quick ways of testing out scripts?

If you're using XSE, I'd suggest debugging your script with the debug button before inserting it, that way it'll save a lot of time in case there are any spelling mistakes or any lines messed up in your script. Then I'd just make a save state next to where you plan to insert your script, so that you can just load the state and test it out. Thats how I do it, at least :/

Zef

zef
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    hey guys, any reason why i can't edit generic trainer pokemon in unnamed trainer editor? i can only edit gym leaders and rival, the trainers are greyed out

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • hey guys, any reason why i can't edit generic trainer pokemon in unnamed trainer editor? i can only edit gym leaders and rival, the trainers are greyed out

What rom are you using? I've never had that problem.:-/

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2021
    Hey, is there a way to make it impossible to store your starter Pokémon in the PC or daycare?
    Oh, and also to not be able to switch it from place with other Pokémon so it's always the first one in the party?
    And to make an item that can only be held by your starter Pokémon?
    And to white out when your starter loses all of its hp?

(Sorry, I thought this was gonna be a one-question post but after I wrote it more questions came to mind :p Should have maybe created a new thread.)

Last edited:

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
  • Hey, is there a way to make it impossible to store your starter Pokémon in the PC or daycare?
    Oh, and also to not be able to switch it from place with other Pokémon so it's always the first one in the party?
    And to make an item that can only be held by your starter Pokémon?
    And to white out when your starter loses all of its hp?

(Sorry, I thought this was gonna be a one-question post but after I wrote it more questions came to mind :p Should have maybe created a new thread.)

The one way any of these can be accomplished is with ASM. The best place to post these questions are as requests in the ASM resource thread held by FBI Agent here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=339153

That is, unless, a routine for any of these has already been established, or anyone else happens to know a routine off the top of their head which I highly doubt :/

Zef

zef
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    yeah thanks, i completely overlooked that rofl... just one more thing, how do i change the TM gym leaders give out?

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
  • yeah thanks, i completely overlooked that rofl... just one more thing, how do i change the TM gym leaders give out?

Thats all scripting. For example, here is Brock's script:

Spoiler:

Toward the top you can see 'giveitem2 0x147 0x1 0x101'.
    This basically gives the TM that brock gives, in this case TM39. And, the command is usually just giveitem, but giveitem2 plays a fanfare (Receiving an item jingle) along with it.

0x147 is the item number to give, 0x1 is the quantity of that item to receive, and 0x101 is the song to play along with it. To conclude, you can basically just find the TM# you want to replace his with, here is a list from diegoisawesome's xse tutorial:
    Spoiler:

So pretend you wanted to replace it with tm#20, its number is 308. So convert that into hex, which is 134. Finally, you can replace 0x147 with 0x134.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Zef
    Years
  • So I've been trying to figure out how to get Shiny Quagsire's Triple Layer Tiles hack to work but I keep getting stuck on this part:
    First, the background byte must be set to 0x60, which will trigger the triple layer tile code. Next, we need to select our block which will be the top layer donor. In vanilla Fire Red, block 0xF contains a top layer for trees. Now since we're using only unused bits, we are required to use the following mask for identifying our block:

Code:
    00FFC000
    Which is basically just 10 bits bitshifted left by 14.

So how can I use this in A-Map? Well, it's a bit complicated. First you need to take your block number (in our case 0xF) and bit shift it left by 14. For us, we get 38000, or if we pad it with 0's to get a full dword, 00038000.
    I have no idea how he bit shifted 0xF by 0x14 to get 38000 because I keep getting 3C000 whenever I do it. Can anyone explain to me how to do this?
    Here's the thread if you need to see it:
    https://mail.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=328011

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2020
    Hey everyone,
    does anybody know a good tutorial for script tiles/tile scripts or whatever they are called?
    Thank you. :)

(Maybe I'm just to blind to find one, but somehow I only find Person Scripts.)

EDIT: Thank you very much Pokemew. :)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back