• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
Years
  • Anyone know where the 8 badge's palette is located in FireRed? They're all in the same 16 palette, fyi.

Thanks~

Years
  • I've got a somewhat n00by question:

Does JPAN's hacked engine comes in with his save block hack?

Years
  • It does not. You'll have to manually apply the hack yourself.

Oh, so that explains why the extended flags is acting weird. And, another one. I applied the save block hack. Do I need to change some bytes, so it will work?

edit: I found out that I still have the uncompiled version of the save block hack, and I changed the bytes here: D9EDC, d991e, D995C. Is that all correct?

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm having trouble with Advanced Pokemon Sprite Editor. I insert the 64x64 image and find the free space and write the new sprites to the rom, but then when I reopen the program to check out if they've stayed the same or not every single one of them comes out like this (or something similar):

Quick Questions & Answers

Any advice on how to fix this?

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2015
    alright so how do i actually change the map of a gba pokemon game? not advance map, like literally the hoenn/kanto map shown when you inspect one of the maps mounted on the walls.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • This is a bit of a scripting question, but it has a fairly simple answer (I hope). I was wondering if I could use the "bufferpokemon" command and use that buffered pokemon for other things like a wildbattle or a showpokepic? It would save a lot of space for me if there was some way I could do that.

leyn09

Truant Trainer
    Years
  • Hello everyone, I have two questions. :)

1. Does anyone know how to delete unwanted compiled scripts? Does it use killscript command? Please enlighten me. :(

2. Where is the location of text script of the player's Mom (FR) when you just whited out and your healingplace is set at 0x1 (PLayer's house) Even with JPAN's hacked engine, I still get this text from the player's mom saying she heard from Prof. Oak after I warped in.

Thanks a bunch!

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Hello everyone, I have two questions. :)

1. Does anyone know how to delete unwanted compiled scripts? Does it use killscript command? Please enlighten me. :(

2. Where is the location of text script of the player's Mom (FR) when you just whited out and your healingplace is set at 0x1 (PLayer's house) Even with JPAN's hacked engine, I still get this text from the player's mom saying she heard from Prof. Oak after I warped in.

Thanks a bunch!

1. Use the command #removeall 0xXXXXXX and replace XXXXXX with the offset of the script you want removed. It should will it with freespace bytes.

2. The script should be at 0x1A8DD8. Check here for more info: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6399900&postcount=105.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • So I've been looking around and, for the life of me, I can't find it, but...

...How exactly would I go about having a tree that is cut down permanently stay gone? Is it through flag usage, or...

Because I feel as if I've seen a more efficient method, though I'm not quite sure if that's the case.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
  • So I've been looking around and, for the life of me, I can't find it, but...

...How exactly would I go about having a tree that is cut down permanently stay gone? Is it through flag usage, or...

Because I feel as if I've seen a more efficient method, though I'm not quite sure if that's the case.

Permanently removing a tree is super easy. For example, here is the script for one of the trees in viridian city:

Spoiler:

The bold line is all that I added to it. Simply open any tree's script with 'open script' in a-map, and add a setflag under waitstate (dont use the flag that I used [1200] its not safe :/ )
    Delete the person ID of the tree in a-map by replacing the one that was previously there and replace it with your flag number. That specific tree should never come back now :) to answer your question: It is through flag usage :P

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Permanently removing a tree is super easy. For example, here is the script for one of the trees in viridian city:

Spoiler:

The bold line is all that I added to it. Simply open any tree's script with 'open script' in a-map, and add a setflag under waitstate (dont use the flag that I used [1200] its not safe :/ )
    Delete the person ID of the tree in a-map by replacing the one that was previously there and replace it with your flag number. That specific tree should never come back now :) to answer your question: It is through flag usage :P
    Oh, simple enough. Thanks for the help, this'll be really useful!

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2016
    Hello everyone, recently I got the idea to make a 4th gen rom hack but i can find almost no tools for it. Is it really difficult and or does no one care for 4th gen roms?

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Hello everyone, recently I got the idea to make a 4th gen rom hack but i can find almost no tools for it. Is it really difficult and or does no one care for 4th gen roms?

Pretty much, yeah. It's a lot harder to hack, much less researched, and most people just hack gen 3. Even if there were a lot of tools for it it would still be more complicated.

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2016
    Pretty much, yeah. It's a lot harder to hack, much less researched, and most people just hack gen 3. Even if there were a lot of tools for it it would still be more complicated.

Ok thanks a bunch, I'll just start on a gen 3 one then.

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2022
    Alright, so I've been working on a Firered hack, and while I was testing things with VBA, I noticed that the text that comes up when you hit start (the descriptions of the menu options) has a wierd background. Normally its all blue, but now the middle where the text is is a bunch of jumbled colors while the top and bottom borders are still their original colors. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out. It seems when I was changing the worldmaps palette, I managed to somehow change the palette for the start menu as well.

2nd EDIT: Actually, even after playing with its palette, its impossible to get all the colors back to being right. Does anyone know where the start menu is in unLZ?

Last edited:

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • Alright, so I've been working on a Firered hack, and while I was testing things with VBA, I noticed that the text that comes up when you hit start (the descriptions of the menu options) has a wierd background. Normally its all blue, but now the middle where the text is is a bunch of jumbled colors while the top and bottom borders are still their original colors. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out. It seems when I was changing the worldmaps palette, I managed to somehow change the palette for the start menu as well.

2nd EDIT: Actually, even after playing with its palette, its impossible to get all the colors back to being right. Does anyone know where the start menu is in unLZ?

Unfortunately, I don't know where the start menu is located but mistakes like that can't be restored to its original state. So that's why it's always recommended to have a back-up so I'm afraid you have to do it again without any mistake and only change what you have to change, easy touch yehey c:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Anyone know how I could add pokemon from 4th-6th Gen to a 3rd gen game? This is on a mac btw
    If you don't want to do the heavy lifting yourself, I'd recommend just using the button in Gen 3 Hacking Suite to increase the number of slots in a fire red rom. Unless you mean that you're replacing existing pokemon, in which case just about any editor will allow you to replace pokemon piece by piece. But even in that case id go with G3HS :P

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back