• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

daniilS

busy trying to do stuff not done yet
Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2024
    Ok, Im sorry if my question is stupid and I should be able to figure it out after reading the XSE and Advance map tutorials, but how do I change the script of an existing event? Whenever I click "open script" and change a few words AND save then close, and re-open it, the script reverts back to before i changed anything. Again, I apologize if im being a nuisance with a dumb question,,,

Did you actually compile said script?

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • Ok, Im sorry if my question is stupid and I should be able to figure it out after reading the XSE and Advance map tutorials, but how do I change the script of an existing event? Whenever I click "open script" and change a few words AND save then close, and re-open it, the script reverts back to before i changed anything. Again, I apologize if im being a nuisance with a dumb question,,,

You have to compile your script after you change the script. Also, I think it's a bad idea changing what's made already. It's better to make a new script out of it since it might overwrite to another script data which causes a lot of bug.

Years
  • I wanna make Pokéballs not to be wasted when trying to catch a Pokémon, but they are not caught.
    I imagine that in the battle script, somewhere after you choose the Pokéball to try and capture that Pokémon, you'd get something like this:

Spoiler:

How can I make the Pokeballnumber -1 appear after the "if true", so the Pokéball is not lost unless you capture a Pokémon with it?
    Where is the Pokémon capture battle script so I can edit it?

daniilS

busy trying to do stuff not done yet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2024
    I wanna make Pokéballs not to be wasted when trying to catch a Pokémon, but they are not caught.
    I imagine that in the battle script, somewhere after you choose the Pokéball to try and capture that Pokémon, you'd get something like this:

Spoiler:

How can I make the Pokeballnumber -1 appear after the "if true", so the Pokéball is not lost unless you capture a Pokémon with it?
    Where is the Pokémon capture battle script so I can edit it?

If I remember correctly the item is deleted way before the battle script is even started, because that's part of the general code handling the usage of items.

Silent Protagonist

Looking for Feebas on Route 31
    Years
  • Hello everyone; I'm not sure if it's a "quick question" but I'll ask anyway...

I thought about editing a FireRed rom a bit - adding more Pokemon for gym leaders and editing values of Rival's Pokemon. Later I'd also like to do it on a SoulSilver rom.
    But I can't find a tool to do it. I found some tools to edit gym for DS games (haven't tried them yet) but nothing for GBA. Probably I need to use a script tool, right? But I can't find a tut about changing the Pokemon... I know it's a noob thing but can someone guide me?

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • Hello everyone; I'm not sure if it's a "quick question" but I'll ask anyway...

I thought about editing a FireRed rom a bit - adding more Pokemon for gym leaders and editing values of Rival's Pokemon. Later I'd also like to do it on a SoulSilver rom.
    But I can't find a tool to do it. I found some tools to edit gym for DS games (haven't tried them yet) but nothing for GBA. Probably I need to use a script tool, right? But I can't find a tut about changing the Pokemon... I know it's a noob thing but can someone guide me?

You can use Jambo51's Unnamed Trainer Editor to change trainer parties and stuff and things like that.
    If you make a new trainer or edit one and want to use it, then you use scripting to change the battle that's about to be played.

But how does the game know I'll even try to capture, or how many balls I'll use before the battle script starts? =P

When you use the bag, it doesn't "check how many balls you have"
    It simply lists it if it exists in your save data. When you click use, it takes an amount and then does what it's supposed to, as every single other item works. You'd have to track down the use item routine and edit it to not work for each pokeball type.

StormGamer25

Yes, I liek mudkips. I may or may not secretly be
    Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2021
    Did you actually compile said script?

You have to compile your script after you change the script. Also, I think it's a bad idea changing what's made already. It's better to make a new script out of it since it might overwrite to another script data which causes a lot of bug.

OOOH, thank you two so much!

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
    Years
  • I'm not sure how simple or quick this is, but I have two question related to the Pokédex. I've expanded the amount of Pokémon to 429 using G3HS. First problem is that new Pokémon have no cries. I've looked into the secondary cry table, tried to set their cries to their index number, I've tried expanding the first cry table, nothing works. Second problem is that after changing the order of the Pokédex the entries get really mixed up. Not quite sure how to fix it if there is a fix for it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2015
    Just a quick question guys, is there any way to modify the default type which is immune to leech seed? As we all know grass-type pokes aren't affected by the said move, but is there any way to change that, i.e. change from grass-type to water-type. I tried changing the type of the target poke or leech seed's move type but none of them worked like I tried changing the poke's type to steel and leech seed's type to poison (as steel is immune to poison) but the target poke is still being hit by leech seed. Hope you can help me here guys and thank you very much!

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2020
    Hello, I have some problems with the connections. When I try to go from the city to the route, everytings great, but when I try to go from the Route to the City it looks like total crap.

And before I forget, another question: Why can I only drag both parts of the connection in one connection setting together and in the other one I can't and it stays "miles apart" (just like in the picture).

How connection settings for the route look like:
    Spoiler:

How connection settings for the city looks like:
    Spoiler:

How the Route-City connection looks in the game:
    Spoiler:

How the City-Route connections looks in the game:
    Spoiler:

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • Hello, I have some problems with the connections. When I try to go from the city to the route, everytings great, but when I try to go from the Route to the City it looks like total crap.

And before I forget, another question: Why can I only drag both parts of the connection in one connection setting together and in the other one I can't and it stays "miles apart" (just like in the picture).

How connection settings for the route look like:
    Spoiler:

How connection settings for the city looks like:
    Spoiler:

How the Route-City connection looks in the game:
    Spoiler:

How the City-Route connections looks in the game:
    Spoiler:

The maps don't use the same tilesets, is what it sounds like. (Your images are broken BTW)
    When maps don't use the same tilesets, the tiles get overwritten in RAM and thus look bad.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2023

get an error trying to run it in windows 7. tried running as administrator and in compatibility mode.

when i try to run it out of compatibility mode it disappears and i have to re-extract it from the zip. Any ideas?

Code:
    [Window Title]
    C:\Users\Nyan-chan\Games\Patchers\Editors\RSE\Trader Advanced.exe

[Content]
    Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file.  You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.

[OK]

Skaraborne

The sharpest 'mon in the thread
    Years
  • Probably this has been asked a hundred times already but after fooling around the internet for some time I didn't find the answer.

What does the 'Breeding Only' evolution method in G3HS mean? I originally thought it had something to do with the way Manaphy and Phione work, but this was never confirmed and I have absolutely no evidence that it is.

Thanks in advance.

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2023
    Hello guys!

I need some help with a tileset which i found somewhere around the web.
    If someone could help me, message me please!

Kind regards,

Years
  • Hi i just started pokemon rom hacking... I tried to insert fairy type in my hacked fire red rom using shinyrayq's guide.. I tried following it step by step (exactly the same as the guide did) but I always end up getting white screen after.. please help i don't know where I went wrong..

PurpleOrange

still don't know what I'm doing
    Years
  • Probably this has been asked a hundred times already but after fooling around the internet for some time I didn't find the answer.

What does the 'Breeding Only' evolution method in G3HS mean? I originally thought it had something to do with the way Manaphy and Phione work, but this was never confirmed and I have absolutely no evidence that it is.

Thanks in advance.

this was an unused evolution type, it works the same way as manaphy and phione but was never used by any pokemon in the game

Skaraborne

The sharpest 'mon in the thread
    Years
  • this was an unused evolution type, it works the same way as manaphy and phione but was never used by any pokemon in the game

Thanks for the reply! However, I have one more question:

So if I want to do Manaphy and Phione in-game, should I do the evolution on Manaphy or on Phione?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back