• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2021
    I have a problem with scripting thru A-Map 1.92. After I compile my script, I place it on a spot in the map, where the player is supposed to walk over, to trigger an event. When I step on this spot while testing, the game freezes. This happens every single time. Why does this happen, or what am I doing wrong?

On Advance Map you should give the script a "variable number" (range from 4011 to 40FF, in our example 4011) and a "variable number" (0 in our example).
    The script will run only when the value of variable 4011 is 0. If you want the script to run just once, you should put in it a "setvar 0x4011 0xY", (where Y is a value different from 0).

I'm looking for Gold sprites but I can't find what I want, could you upload them for me please? I need especially his backsprites (the one who throws the Pokèball too)

Last edited:

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • What are the offsets for the fire red intro sprites? Not the unlz numbers, but the actual offset where they're stored in the ROM. I don't need the pallets, although they're appreciated, I just can't for the life of me find where the sprites are stored in the ROM.

Years
    • Seen today
    Yeah I meant him but I forgot to specify that I need his sprites for GBA!

Apologies for the earlier confusion. To make up for it, I cleaned up some backsprites I made from Heartgold's Gold and here it is, with palette.
    Sorry again.

Hope these work for you.

Attachments

• Backsprites.zip
      4.8 KB · Views: 2
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2021
    Apologies for the earlier confusion. To make up for it, I cleaned up some backsprites I made from Heartgold's Gold and here it is, with palette.
    Sorry again.

Hope these work for you.
    Woah, thank you very much! ^^

Uncommon

Oozma Kappa
    Years
  • What are the offsets for the fire red intro sprites? Not the unlz numbers, but the actual offset where they're stored in the ROM. I don't need the pallets, although they're appreciated, I just can't for the life of me find where the sprites are stored in the ROM.

Should be:
    Male player - 0x46163C
    Female player - 0x460F14
    Professor - 0x461D14
    Rival - 0x4623EC

Years
  • Is anyone aware of some sort of patch or rombase released which ports all the Emerald music for FireRed? It's a damn shame that FireRed doesn't include all the R/S tracks in the same way that Emerald includes all the FR/LG tracks.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Is anyone aware of some sort of patch or rombase released which ports all the Emerald music for FireRed? It's a damn shame that FireRed doesn't include all the R/S tracks in the same way that Emerald includes all the FR/LG tracks.

I am not aware of such a patch. If you want to hack a game that has all the RSE music you're better off hacking those games -- it would probably be more work than you're looking for to port them all yourself. Copying a few RSE songs to FireRed wouldn't be too bad, but it wouldn't make sense to port every single song.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Is it possible to change Attract so it isn't gender-dependent?

To clarify, is it possible to inflict Attract/infatuation status without using the command listed in BSP as "tryinfatuatetarget", or can said command be modified to not check gender?

Last edited:

soyeahimbored

Originality at its best
    Years
  • Hey guys, just getting started in this adventure of hacking but I am having problems saving my XSE script in Advanced maps. So far i have been able to change text and what have you quite easily. However, my problem comes when trying to save the starter pokemon description. Everytime I compile and save it, when I reopen the script it is like before I had previously compiled it.

Help?

ps- I can't for the life of me see where the new offset is meant to appear after hitting compile. Nothing highlights blue or anything like that. There is nothing under my "clear, close" buttons.

Years
  • The following battle script has a pretty large bug in it. When I use it, it looks like it almost ignores damage calculations and does a lot of damage, and even makes the opponent look like it has 0 HP but it's still standing. The actual HP of the enemy is clearly larger that 0 though, which you can prove by resetting the screen by looking at your Pokémon or your bag and then back again.
    Code:
    #include moves.bsh
    #dynamic 0x800000
    #org @start
    jumpifhalfword B_!= 0x2023D4A MOVE_TRANSFORM 0x81D6A60
    setbyte 0x2023E85 0x1
    attackcanceler
    accuracycheck 0x81D695E 0x0
    attackstring
    ppreduce
    calculatedamage
    attackanimation
    waitanimation
    missmessage
    cmd5c BANK_TARGET
    waitstate
    datahpupdate BANK_TARGET
    graphicalhpupdate BANK_TARGET
    critmessage
    waitmessage DELAY_1SECOND
    resultmessage
    waitmessage DELAY_1SECOND
    seteffectwithchancetarget
    faintpokemon BANK_TARGET 0x0 0x8000000
    callasm 0x(AAAAAA)
    jumpifbyte 0x1 0x3005541 0x1 @animation
    setbyte 0x02023FD8 0x0
    cmd49 0x0 0x0
    end
    #org @animation
    setbyte 0x3005541 0x1
    playanimation 0x1 0x1D 0x0
    setbyte 0x02023FD8 0x0
    cmd49 0x0 0x0
    end

Years
  • Sorry for the double post, but I figured if I was to get some help, I should give some as well.
    Hey guys, just getting started in this adventure of hacking but I am having problems saving my XSE script in Advanced maps. So far i have been able to change text and what have you quite easily. However, my problem comes when trying to save the starter pokemon description. Everytime I compile and save it, when I reopen the script it is like before I had previously compiled it.

Help?

ps- I can't for the life of me see where the new offset is meant to appear after hitting compile. Nothing highlights blue or anything like that. There is nothing under my "clear, close" buttons.
    The 'ps' is the easiest to fix. There's a notepad marker thingy to the left of the word 'Offset', click that and you'll see where your script is compiling. It's called "Show Log".
    Did you change the pointer for the starter descriptions? What I would do would be to write a line of text in XSE with just something like this;
    Code:
    #dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
    = Text goes here.

#org @next
    = This might be the second pokemon description
    This combined with the Show Log will make your new descriptions, but not change the ones in the actual script. In order to do that, go into the script in XSE and find the offsets that the text is at and make a pointer of it. Find all instances of that pointer with a hex editor, and replace them with your own pointers to the descriptions you made.
    How to make a pointer; offset is XXYYZZ. To make a pointer to that offset, switch XX and ZZ, then add 08 to the end. It'll look like this; ZZ YY XX 08. If your script was at 0x819273, the pointer to it would be 73 92 81 08.

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    Just curious, I know that Gen 3 hacking is suitable and the best for beginners, but does learning to hack Gen 1 helps Gen 3 hacking in the long run, or are they two completely different things?

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2017
    Does anyone know why there are 12 person events in Brendan and May's rooms with picture ID's 240-251 (and why they aren't visible)? I want to know if they have any special purpose and if it's fine to remove them.

Tokenslot

The TokenSlot Pokémon
    Years
  • How do I edit the amount of wild Pokemon in a single map and edit their encounter rate so that one pokemon doesn't have less encounter rate than others? Thanks in advance :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back