• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Hi there, for some reason a script i made is freezing the game, i can't understand what i am doing wrong really...any help with this?

Spoiler:

At what part of the script is it freezing the game? During, after or before the script?

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Quick Questions & Answers

Two different caves, identical movement permissions/behavior bytes, but one warp works and another doesn't. And yes I used the special ground tile. Does anyone even know what this bug is? I've seen it in other hacks too and it's driven me crazy trying to work it out.

Last edited by a moderator:

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    Quick Questions & Answers

Two different caves, identical movement permissions/behavior bytes, but one warp works and another doesn't. And yes I used the special ground tile. Does anyone even know what this bug is? I've seen it in other hacks too and it's driven me crazy trying to work it out.

What about the warp height? If it's not the same as the movement permissions of the cave bytes or 0 it won't work.

Scarlet D.

The Eternal
    Years
  • try putting "0x" before the 4's, 12, and 13 after the applymovement's and waitmovement's, and after the hidesprite

this is not an issue with the XSE script i use, in a previous script i've tried, i didn't put 0x and it worked perfectly.

At what part of the script is it freezing the game? During, after or before the script?
    The game freezes by the time i step on the script (neither after nor during the script)

Scarlet D.

The Eternal
    Years
  • Your var values on the script tile itself aren't set or are wrong.
    they aren't set. I didn't use setvar command on the script itself (just a flag) so i find it logical to not set a var value.Now that i put a setvat command and the setvar values and numbers on advancedmap, it completely ignores the script when i pass

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • they aren't set. I didn't use setvar command on the script itself (just a flag) so i find it logical to not set a var value.Now that i put a setvat command and the setvar values and numbers on advancedmap, it completely ignores the script when i pass

Regardless on whether or not there is a setvar command in your script, you need to have those values filled in with a variable. Preferably one that is unused and not set already. Refer to the Var and Script Tile portions of this post right here for a more detailed explanation.

Scarlet D.

The Eternal
    Years
  • Regardless on whether or not there is a setvar command in your script, you need to have those values filled in with a variable. Preferably one that is unused and not set already. Refer to the Var and Script Tile portions of [...] for a more detailed explanation.
    wow, it works now and i completely understood what setvar stands for, thanks a lot pal!

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2018
    Hello Everyone,
    I am attempting to make a hack for my girlfriend for christmas, both as a present and to coax her into playing pokemon, and i know how and have the tools for everything i need to do, but there is one fatal problem, i can not edit the title screen. I have tried several methods involving UNlz, irfanview, and so forth but i can not get it to work, i am trying to change the charizard with a non pokemon sprite(this one: https://starbounder.org/mediawiki/images/9/91/Chocolate_(Valentine).png) , but it is the same WIDTHxHeigth. The one thing i believe may be the problem is, if you try yourself you may see too, but the background is not the first color on the palette after the ¨color depth¨ is decreased.
    If someone can either explain how to fix this problem, point me to a source i can find more from, or even do this small piece for me i would be greatly indebted.

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2017
    Hello guys.
    I've made a search but I didn't find a reply, so I'll ask it here. Is there any way to change the region map (in Firered) of a certain map from Kanto to one of the Sevvii islands? For instance, I want Pallet town to be shown at the region map number 2, and not in region map no 1 (Kanto's). Has that been addressed somewhere?

Thanks for your time.

Scarlet D.

The Eternal
    Years
  • Hi again, this time i got a problem with advancemap. You see i am a organization-maniac and i want every map on the advancemap organized. I want all the maps i don't need deleted or at least throw them in a folder. The problem is that i followed some guides on how to delete a map and every one of them told me to press "map bank header" but it seems i can't press it at all! (advancemap version 1.0.9)

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2023
    Any way to hack the teachy tv by editing the text, moves of TV Dude, etc...?
    Quote me if you're answering this question, please.

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2023
    Any way to hacking the teachy tv by editing the text, moves of TV Dude, etc...?

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Any way to hacking the teachy tv by editing the text, moves of TV Dude, etc...?
    Obviously there's a way though it won't be easy if you're very new to hacking as there's probably no tutorials or anything on it - the Teachy TV is not something everybody hacks.
    The text you can look for in a hex editor (with FireRed's text table, it's on DataCrystal IIRC) or Advance Text (do not use it to change it). Then you can find the pointers to it and change them.
    As for the movements of the TV dude, I've got no idea. I'm partially assuming they might be scripts, but there's a high chance I'm wrong. You should look into the Teachy TV's ASM (or C) code and see if it calls the the script executor (08069AE4 if you're looking through ASM).
    By the way, the Teachy TV uses Route 1's map. You should, again, look through its code to see where it loads it. It's definitely possible to change it though.

Years
  • Hi again, this time i got a problem with advancemap. You see i am a organization-maniac and i want every map on the advancemap organized. I want all the maps i don't need deleted or at least throw them in a folder. The problem is that i followed some guides on how to delete a map and every one of them told me to press "map bank header" but it seems i can't press it at all! (advancemap version 1.0.9)
    You're using a really outdated version. Use 1.92, that'll do the trick.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2017
    been using essentials i been stuck at area i am using version 15.1 i am using the elite battle pack i did a few towns and stuff but i can figure out how to do 2 thing one is make a pokemon follow you like on heart gold or soul silver also how to show animations i made trainer n but i want this to play before battle i atached the gif version and the converted png one i just want that to show like when you fight N on pokemon black and white one more thing does anyone have a team galactic grunt and minor b overworld sprite sheet size 128x192 and team flare trainer sprite 80x80 size aslo how to do the animation for mega evovleution

Attachments

• Quick Questions & Answers
      vsTrainer78.gif
      374 KB · Views: 0
    • Quick Questions & Answers
      vsTrainer78.jpg
      382.4 KB · Views: 0
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back