• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sliter

Gaijin Trainer
Years
  • Hey all! I'm testing some mods on a pokemon platinum and a need some help ...
    How can I add overworlds?
    I mean , Npc that talk/give you itens, pokemon like the legendareis that are on overworld, itens hidden/on a pokeball? I really can't find how to :/
    And also if there a way on the adding a legendary on overworld, if its possible to make it 100% change of being shiny ?
    thanks in advance o3o

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Hi, I have two questions.

Question 1
    I've expanded my rom to 32mb. I was told that it is unsafe to use AdvanceMap when using an expanded rom. Therefore, can anyone recommend a good map editor?

Question 2

Quick Questions & Answers

I've been using gen suite 3 fine until suddenly, an error pop up that forced me to close it. When I reopen it, this is the error code I got. I assume it's something to do with my ini file, but I have no clue what's the problem.
    This is my ini file.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2016
    You'd have to copy the snowy tiles in a secondary tileset that you only use for those kind of maps, export and import the palette anywhere between pal 7-12 and create blocks for them accordingly in the block editor.
    Thank you for responding to my question. Do you have a link to a good tutorial on how to do what you just said? I'm having a terrible time figuring it out and none of the tutorials I have found explain how to do this in the block editor. Or could you explain how to do this? I know I'm a pain, but thank you for helping me! And merry Christmas or happy holidays :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    Thank you for responding to my question. Do you have a link to a good tutorial on how to do what you just said? I'm having a terrible time figuring it out and none of the tutorials I have found explain how to do this in the block editor. Or could you explain how to do this? I know I'm a pain, but thank you for helping me! And merry Christmas or happy holidays :)

Check out any tile insertion tutorial in the tutorials section, it shouldn't really be hard to learn when you you experiment on a test rom.
    It's basically just exporting tilesets as a .bmp with the block editor, editing them in Paint, and then importing again. Plus replacing palettes.
    If you want to have, for example, the snowy trees in the secondary tileset, copypaste them in empty space in that tileset and create new blocks in the editor so that you can place them on the map. Make sure the you have the white palette in slot 7-12 (0-6 is for the primary outdoor tiles).
    If that's too complicated - feel free to message me if you have any specific problems, oh and make sure you are using AM 1.92.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2016
    Check out any tile insertion tutorial in the tutorials section, it shouldn't really be hard to learn when you you experiment on a test rom.
    It's basically just exporting tilesets as a .bmp with the block editor, editing them in Paint, and then importing again. Plus replacing palettes.
    If you want to have, for example, the snowy trees in the secondary tileset, copypaste them in empty space in that tileset and create new blocks in the editor so that you can place them on the map. Make sure the you have the white palette in slot 7-12 (0-6 is for the primary outdoor tiles).
    If that's too complicated - feel free to message me if you have any specific problems, oh and make sure you are using AM 1.92.
    Where can I download 1.92? I have 1.95, that is all I could find to download in the forums. On my old computer I had 1.92 and A-starter, and now I cannot find a working link to A-starter either... the old computer went belly up and I'm having to start over again. Thanks for the help.

Exodrake

The Manliest Chick that Ever Manlied
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    How do I get rid of that thing where Volbeat can hatch from eggs produced by Illumise and other species that do that? I replaced those pokes with unrelated fakemon and forgot about that thing. I want them to not do that.

Also how do I make the Nidorans display their gender?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Where can I download 1.92? I have 1.95, that is all I could find to download in the forums. On my old computer I had 1.92 and A-starter, and now I cannot find a working link to A-starter either... the old computer went belly up and I'm having to start over again. Thanks for the help.

A-Map 1.92

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I was actually hoping to get some help regarding this topic: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7550436#post7550436

I wanted to change the cry of the Pokemon Oak releases at the intro but am not sure what hack program to use. The offsets provided on the tutorial above aren't found in Hex Workshop so I was wondering what program I'd need to change that Pokemon's cry?

I remember screwing up offsets. (Fun times.)
    Anyway, the reason you can't find the offset is because you are going to an offset that doesn't exist, lest, not in its current state.
    The 08 in 0812FB38 means that the offset 12FB38 is found in the rom. Take off the initial 08 for an 8-digit offset to get the actual offset in the rom.

Zef

zef
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    hey, whats the go-to emerald text editing tool? not for scripts, but for gym leaders messages etc.

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2024
    I remember screwing up offsets. (Fun times.)
    Anyway, the reason you can't find the offset is because you are going to an offset that doesn't exist, lest, not in its current state.
    The 08 in 0812FB38 means that the offset 12FB38 is found in the rom. Take off the initial 08 for an 8-digit offset to get the actual offset in the rom.

Ahh ok that makes more sense now. Would I still locate it in HexWorkshop? I can't seem to find that particular offset in that program still, nor the 12FB42 ... Or are there other programs to edit the Pokemon's cry? Just trying to change the FR one from Nidoran♀ to Pikachu.

It goes from
    [00 12 FB 2E:] D0 F8 00 20 03 21 D4 F6 F4 F9 1D 20 00 21 42
    [00 12 FB 3D:] F7 58 F9 04 B0 30 BC 01 BC 00 47 08 B1 03 02

with now 12FB38 between the [00 12 FB 2E:] and [00 12 FB 3D:]

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Ahh ok that makes more sense now. Would I still locate it in HexWorkshop? I can't seem to find that particular offset in that program still, nor the 12FB42 ... Or are there other programs to edit the Pokemon's cry? Just trying to change the FR one from Nidoran♀ to Pikachu.

It goes from
    [00 12 FB 2E:] D0 F8 00 20 03 21 D4 F6 F4 F9 1D 20 00 21 42
    [00 12 FB 3D:] F7 58 F9 04 B0 30 BC 01 BC 00 47 08 B1 03 02

with now 12FB38 between the [00 12 FB 2E:] and [00 12 FB 3D:]

I don't know about a dedicated program that changes the cry.
    I don't use HexWorkshop so you'll have to find these steps on your own program.
    1. Open "Go to Offset"
    2. Type in the offset, minus the initial 08 and any spaces.
    3. Ensure you're using hexadecimal (not decimal or binary).
    4. Click "Goto".
    Now when we reach our offset, select the bytes after the colon.
    so for the offset 12FB38, we will find:
    Code:
    1D 20
    and we'll replace it with:
    Code:
    02 48
    Make sure to double check your offsets.
    I hope I've answered your question!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2024
    I don't know about a dedicated program that changes the cry.
    I don't use HexWorkshop so you'll have to find these steps on your own program.
    1. Open "Go to Offset"
    2. Type in the offset, minus the initial 08 and any spaces.
    3. Ensure you're using hexadecimal (not decimal or binary).
    4. Click "Goto".
    Now when we reach our offset, select the bytes after the colon.
    so for the offset 12FB38, we will find:
    Code:
    1D 20
    and we'll replace it with:
    Code:
    02 48
    Make sure to double check your offsets.
    I hope I've answered your question!

Yeah in HexWorkshop the offset 12FB38 takes you to 1D 20 but I simply had to change the 1D to 19 and the Pikachu cry appeared for me in the VBA so I got the results I was looking for anyway so thank you so much!!

Uncommon

Oozma Kappa
    Years
  • Or are there other programs to edit the Pokemon's cry?

It sounds like you've got this under control (and actually it's better that you figured it out this way since you learned more), but in terms of a tool to do this easily, diegoisawesome's GBA Intro Manager changes the cry as well. I think it limits you to the first 251 Pokemon, though, so, again, it's better that you learned to do it through hex.

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2024
    It sounds like you've got this under control (and actually it's better that you figured it out this way since you learned more), but in terms of a tool to do this easily, diegoisawesome's GBA Intro Manager changes the cry as well. I think it limits you to the first 251 Pokemon, though, so, again, it's better that you learned to do it through hex.

Sweet thanks for the link to the tool.

I was actually hoping ask if anyone knew how to change the multiple choice options at the Boat Ferryman. I changed NAVEL ROCK in my game to FARAWAY ISLAND, but despite the map title head change in advance map, when I present the ticket to the Ferryman, the options SEVII ISLANDS and NAVAL ROCK appear now SEVII ISLANDS and FARAWAY ISLAND. Any idea how access/change these text?

EDIT: FOUND IT!

- https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=335308 a tool for such a problem fix here

Last edited:

Zef

zef
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    is there a way to port my current progress on my ROM hack onto a newer ROM base? it's mostly just trainers and some small scripts.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Hmm, has anyone tried/been successful at adding in new status effects or changing properties of the existing ones (in battle?). Curious.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back