• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

FSBS

Defunct
Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2019
    Does anyone have an upload of Advance Trader I could get? Searching google has given me nothing except one download my computer says is unsafe.

FSBS

Defunct
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2019
    So what's causing this graphical snafu? It occurs only when entering from the Route 2 exit of Viridian forest. Entering any door causes it to correct itself, as does walking away from it. I can enter and exit the warp at the house with no problem.
    Quick Questions & Answers

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    So what's causing this graphical snafu? It occurs only when entering from the Route 2 exit of Viridian forest. Entering any door causes it to correct itself, as does walking away from it. I can enter and exit the warp at the house with no problem.
    Quick Questions & Answers

That's caused when two connecting maps have different secondary tiles. Just move the offending tiles farther away from the edge of the connection and the problem is fixed. (There was a specific amount of buffer tiles but I forgot what it was.)

Squeetz

ROM Hacker
    Years
  • So what's causing this graphical snafu? It occurs only when entering from the Route 2 exit of Viridian forest. Entering any door causes it to correct itself, as does walking away from it. I can enter and exit the warp at the house with no problem.
    You're using a different secondary tileset on both maps.
    Try changing Route 2s second tileset to the one you use in Pewter, or build the houses farther away from the Route.
    Edit: Ninja'd

Years
  • My @later script still wont start for some reason can anyone help me? Right after the first battle ends it releases me and doesnt start the @later script

Here's the original script:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    My @later script still wont start for some reason can anyone help me? Right after the first battle ends it releases me and doesnt start the @later script

Spoiler:

I don't know about the rest of your script, but you missed a #raw 0xFE here.
    Code:
    #org @walk27
    #raw 0x10
    #raw 0x10
    [B]#raw 0xFE[/B]

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    My @later script still wont start for some reason can anyone help me? Right after the first battle ends it releases me and doesnt start the @later script

Spoiler:

Try this...
    Code:

#org @later
    applymovement 0xE @walk5
    applymovement 0xD @walk6
    [COLOR="Red"]waitmovement 0[/COLOR]
    applymovement 0xFF @walk11
    applymovement 0x10 @walk12
    applymovement 0xE @walk13
    applymovement 0xB @walk14
    applymovement 0xD @walk15
    applymovement 0xFF @walk16
    applymovement 0x10 @walk17

Dyskinesia

Second-rate hack
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Ohio
    • Seen May 12, 2019
    Is there any way with PKSV to make a multiple choice box? I want to make an NPC that plays rock paper scissors with you (Fire Water Grass, really). I have the random numbers worked out, but I havent found a way to let you choose out of three options that I've named. Is this possible?

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2016
    Could someone explain to me what an OAM is in terms of GBA hacking? I keep hearing it a lot in some threads but dont exactly know what it is or what its used for.

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Could someone explain to me what an OAM is in terms of GBA hacking? I keep hearing it a lot in some threads but dont exactly know what it is or what its used for.
    Well, said in layman's terms (albeit without much accuracy), the OAM (that stands for Object Attribute Memory by the way) is the place where the GBA stores all objects. Objects in Pokémon games are basically anything that moves around on screen, e.g. the player, NPCs, weather effects (fog, rain, etc.), Pokémon sprites in battle and many more. GBATEK has more information on it, and a lot more detailed and accurate, too.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • Is it ok to post indexed item icon sprites in the Quick Resource thread or make a separate thread for that? Because I would like to share those sprites to those who can't and who are lazy to index them...

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
  • Is it ok to post indexed item icon sprites in the Quick Resource thread or make a separate thread for that? Because I would like to share those sprites to those who can't and who are lazy to index them...

Sure, why not? (Btw you should message Spherical Ice or Christos about that in the future :P)

FSBS

Defunct
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2019
    Is there any specific required reading in regards to removing the Sevii Islands, or do I just delete the related events?

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
  • Does anyone know the location of the HP bar during battle for FireRed? Also looking for the EXP bar in battle. Thanks

Years
  • Does anyone know how to take quality screenshots of your rom? I have been using screencapture on the VBA and saving as PNG's, but the shots quality looks like garbage. What do you guys use to take screenshots of your hacks? Thanks for any answers!

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • Does anyone know how to take quality screenshots of your rom? I have been using screencapture on the VBA and saving as PNG's, but the shots quality looks like garbage. What do you guys use to take screenshots of your hacks? Thanks for any answers!

This is the method I use. Make sure you're using the correct filter.

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
    Years
    ...Screen capture on VBA maybe? That's how everyone takes screenshots. Unless you've got an old or bugged version, it should take them in crisp quality. Yes, they're 240x160. That's the GBA's screen resolution. If you enlarge them, make sure you use Nearest Neighbor. Otherwise, you're right, they will turn out horrible.
    By the way, when zooming in in IrfanView, it by default resamples them with something other than Nearest. That's just visual.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back