• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
What is a good level to evolve my Pansear it's at 19 right now and I"m considering evolving it

I recommend Level 22 although you can wait til Level 43 for Crunch. Just keep in mind it will be a bit weak in the later levels.

Best you get to Level 22, cos it learns Flame Burst at that level. Learn Flame Burst, then evolve it and just give it TMs.

beca

◔_____◔
Years
Hey guys :3 another question here. Well, two.

1. I saw on serebii.net that there are still event Pokemon available in Europe (where I'm from), but for some reason, my DSi can't find any when I connect. The connection is definitely working, so I was wondering if anyone knew what's going on? It has been such a long time since I've collected an event Pokemon, so I've probably missed something along the line xD

2. I'm having massive issues trying to update my action replay's firmware. Every time I try to add the .bin file, it tells me that it's not a proper firmware file. I got it directly from the codejunkies site -- any idea what the problem is here? =/

Thank you in advance!

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Hey guys :3 another question here. Well, two.

1. I saw on serebii.net that there are still event Pokemon available in Europe (where I'm from), but for some reason, my DSi can't find any when I connect. The connection is definitely working, so I was wondering if anyone knew what's going on? It has been such a long time since I've collected an event Pokemon, so I've probably missed something along the line xD

According to Bulbapedia, the Mewtwo and Victini events are no longer running so perhaps it is outdated. You can however get the events on the Global Link. Lucario, Arceus (which expires tomorrow) and Togekiss (in your birthday month).
The list of current events.

Ghiaccio

Ace Trainer
Years
Alright so sorry if this has been already asked but I needed to know this. If you are the Original Trainer of your pokemon, then you trade it, and on the second game, the pokemon you traded levels up some, and then after you trade it back to the original game, will the pokemon still listen to you at whatever level, or will it have the same problems as normal over-leveled traded pokemon? oh and if you traded an egg, will the hatcher be the OT or the breeder? Thanks

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Alright so sorry if this has been already asked but I needed to know this. If you are the Original Trainer of your pokemon, then you trade it, and on the second game, the pokemon you traded levels up some, and then after you trade it back to the original game, will the pokemon still listen to you at whatever level, or will it have the same problems as normal over-leveled traded pokemon? oh and if you traded an egg, will the hatcher be the OT or the breeder? Thanks

It will listen to you in the original game as if you levelled it up there. The egg will have the OT of the hatcher.

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2012
Zoroark suggestions

so I tried IV breeding a Zorua, and by some miracle I got a Zorua with outstanding IVs (151-186 IV) and Hidden Power Ice. However, it's a RELAXED (+10% Defense, -10% Speed)

Anyone have any suggestions on how to EV train/raise it?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
so I tried IV breeding a Zorua, and by some miracle I got a Zorua with outstanding IVs (151-186 IV) and Hidden Power Ice. However, it's a RELAXED (+10% Defense, -10% Speed)

Anyone have any suggestions on how to EV train/raise it?
Relaxed is a terrible nature on Zorua. I hate to say it, but you seriously have to re-breed Zorua/Zoroark until you get a Timid one (the preferred nature on Zoroark, since its Speed is one if its good points). This process can be made easier if one of your parents is Timid and it's holding an Everstone in the Daycare.

For your current Zorua, I don't know what to do. For any future Zorua you may have bred, assuming any of them are Timid, or something close, use the EV spread of 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe to let it hit as hard as it can on the Special end and outspeeding as much as it can.

Chatot Lover

happy
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2013
Weird thing happened to me in WiFi room

Hey guys, have a look at those pictures I have just taken:

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/9958/sn851150.jpg

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/4743/sn851155.jpg

All of a sudden, there were 2 areas (a green and a yellow one), along with two screens in the WiFi room. Those screens display the exact same options (Voice Chat, Xtransceiver, Battle, Trade and Cancel). Even after leaving the room, it would still look like this.

On top of that, I haven't been able to connect to a friend of mine over Wifi since yesterday. The problem is that we can't even see one another in the WiFi room.

Has this happened to anyone else? It never did to me (and neither did it to 2 other people I know) so I was sort of surprised.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Um. That just means you have two pages of people registered in your Pal Pad. As for not being able to connect, that's a wifi problem, not a problem with two areas being there.

Chatot Lover

happy
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2013
Oh well, that's embarrassing xD Sorry, I didn't know that and never had more than one page in my friend roster. OK, then that's settled.

But you know, I have been using WiFi on Black/White everyday for one year now and it never occurred to me that I couldn't connect with one person for more than a couple of hours. (Now, it's already more than a day.)

Like I said, we can't even see one another in the Wifi room.

Does anybody know what to do?

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2012
Does anyone know how to find a Pokemon's IV? I'm just trying to figure it out to calculate hidden power. I have an example here:

Ferrothorn (Lv 50)
Naughty (+10% Attack, -10% Defense)
It's IV's are "superior" (121-150) and it's Attack stat "cannot be better"
So I know it has 31 IVs in Attack
252 IVs in Attack and Defense, 4 IVs in HP
146 HP, 160 Atk, 162 Def, 65 Sp. Atk, 131 Sp. Def, 27 Spd

I've tried using the serbii calculator, but it needs the IVs, so if anyone could figure it out, it would really help me out :)

PM me if you could help me :) Thanks!

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2013
Oh well, that's embarrassing xD Sorry, I didn't know that and never had more than one page in my friend roster. OK, then that's settled.

But you know, I have been using WiFi on Black/White everyday for one year now and it never occurred to me that I couldn't connect with one person for more than a couple of hours. (Now, it's already more than a day.)

Like I said, we can't even see one another in the Wifi room.

Does anybody know what to do?

Actually, that's weird... I tried to do two different trades today with two different people, and both times we entered the wifi room we saw empty rooms. It was like we weren't registering each other, yet in our pal pads it said that we were in the wifi room at that time.

I recently booted up my old DS Lite to trade over wifi with my 3DS (to check what the problem was) and it didn't register me entering the wifi room either. As of now I can't trade anything over wifi :(

Chatot Lover

happy
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2013
Actually, that's weird... I tried to do two different trades today with two different people, and both times we entered the wifi room we saw empty rooms. It was like we weren't registering each other, yet in our pal pads it said that we were in the wifi room at that time.

I recently booted up my old DS Lite to trade over wifi with my 3DS (to check what the problem was) and it didn't register me entering the wifi room either. As of now I can't trade anything over wifi :(

Alright, I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one with this problem. My friend started to think his game was broken but apparently, this also concerns other people.

My friend and I, we tried turning on and off the DS countless times, deleted friend codes and entered them again, tried using different DS systems (and thus getting a different friend code) but nothing has worked so far.

I hope this is just a temporary problem but this has been going on for a few days now... I'm desperate as what to do.

Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Im having the same problem as you..
I cant see my friends in wifi room, and I have no idea about whats going on.

Chatot Lover

happy
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2013
We have found out a solution for the problem but I can't guarantee that it will work for you as well:

Reset your modem (all settings) and install it again. Also, delete all WiFi connection settings on your DS system and reinstall, so you'll get a new friend code (after reinstalling the modem).

beca

◔_____◔
Years
I'm also having issues with the wi-fi room. I haven't been able to see any of the people I've been attempting to trade with.

On another note, does anyone know why certain Pokemon can't be traded via the global trades feature? I was attempting to trade a Lugia I got via action replay (the person I was trading with knows that the Pokemon is illegit xD), but it kept saying that one or more of the Pokemon couldn't be traded. :x

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
On another note, does anyone know why certain Pokemon can't be traded via the global trades feature? I was attempting to trade a Lugia I got via action replay (the person I was trading with knows that the Pokemon is illegit xD), but it kept saying that one or more of the Pokemon couldn't be traded. :x

GTS doesn't allow hacked Pokemon in trades, but here's a unique way to get at least some things nowadays: get the AR code for cloning, clone anything, for example, Reshiram or Zekrom, nd then use the clones to trade.

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2019
Black story line question

So im currently playing through black.. Havent got far yet seeing as how its been three days of playing. But my question is; what happens to Bianca after you cross through the desert to meet cheren and juniper?
Sorry if this doesnt belong here but its really been bugging me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back