• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

(R)ate (M)y (T)eam <3

WingsOfFaith

What's Pokemon?
Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2008
    -----------------------
    (R)ATE (M)Y (T)EAM
    -----------------------

==============================

1) Crobat @ Leftovers
    Inner Focus
    Timid, 160 HP/132 Sp.Attack/216 Speed

~ Air Slash
    ~ U-turn
    ~ Taunt
    ~ Hypnosis

Well this bat is kinda standard however it makes a great lead stopping anything from Bronzong to Gyarados from setting up and with the large HP investment it can take at least one hit from those that set up if a misprediction is made on Taunt so it can U-turn the hell out of there. Hypnosis is also there for sleeping the bigger threats, while Air slash is a nice surprise for some Gliscors and Suicunes that may want to ruin his day.

==========

2) Slowbro @ Leftovers
    Own Tempo
    Bold, 252 HP/252 Def/6 Sp.Attack

~ Surf
    ~ Ice Beam/Flamethrower
    ~ Calm Mind
    ~ Slack Off

My physical wall. Beastly of course this guy can actually switch on most sets of Chomp and many physical attackers because of his high defense. I am always torn between Ice Beam and Flamethrower for the secondary attack as it hits the Steel types that can usually wall Slowbro but Ice beam makes an effective Dragon killer, so I sometimes opt Flamethrower over Surf. Slack off for recovery and after a Calm Mind, mixape doesnt stand a chance against him.

==========

3) Registeel @ Leftovers
    Clear Body
    Careful, 252 HP/252 Sp.Def/6 Attack

~ Earthquake
    ~ Ice Punch
    ~ Curse
    ~ Thunder Wave

My special wall.....well mixed wall and with Slowbro he ruins lives. Slowbro covers Registeel weakness' pretty nicely as does Registeel to Slowbro. With curse it can eventually stand up to it's own weakness'. Curse is very useful when his stats cannot be lowered thanks to Clear Body and the only problem being his lack of recovery. Thunderwave is for the fast sweepers that try to come in and harm Registeel. Ice punch for dragons and Earthquake for steels and fire types that try to hurt him.

==========

4) Empoleon @ Life Orb
    Torrent
    Modest, 252 Sp.Attack/252 Speed/6 HP

~ Surf
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ Grass Knot
    ~ Agility

Well one of my total favourites of this team. Max Speed for s neutral nature I can outspeed the likes of Scarfphlosion and scarfgar and proceed to ohko both and many others. Empoleon manages to ohko most threats to it's Sp.def form and can often get away with an agility to start a sweep. I opted Grass Knot over HP electric because of Swampert. Ice Beam for Dragons and Grass Pokemon that try to stop the other two attacks and Surf for Fires, Rocks etc.

==========

5) Heracross @ Choice Band
    Guts
    Adamant, 252 Attack/252 Speed/6 HP

~ Close Combat
    ~ Megahorn
    ~ Stone Edge
    ~ Pursuit

Well this is my awesome not so standard Heracross being both Adamant and Choice Band. This catches a lot of Physical walls off guard when they take a huge amount of damage than usual which is great at breaking the likes of Bronzong and Forretress. Pursuit is there to scare the likes of Azelf, Gengar and other thinking i'm scarfed so Pursuit will like massacre them ._.. Close Combat and Megahorn for STAB and Stone Edge for coverage on dragons and possibly forcing Gliscor to roost of the damage on the switch out.

==========

6) Salamence @ Yache Berry
    Naive, 252 Speed/136 Sp.Attack/120 Attack

~ Dragon Claw
    ~ Draco Meteor
    ~ Flamethrower
    ~ Dragon Dance

Now my not so standard Mixmence. I opted to go Max speed insted of Max Special attack to out speed the likes of Specsmence and other pokes that do not expect it. Coverage may be a little lax but after one DD it can still take out the major threats that the rest of the team has, especially Electivire and possibly Metagross. Not much more to say really Yache to absorb an Ice attack to get a DD up and well thats pretty much it.

==============================
    -------------
    (C)HANGES
    -------------
    0​
    ==============================​

Last edited:

Crazed_One

Lalala
    Years
  • Well, the only major weakness I see is a Heatran weakness. It scores super effective on most pokes (5). So I suggest dropping Dragon Claw or Draco Meteor for Brick Break.

Növa

öööööööööööö? ?öööööööööööö ööööö
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2008
    Well, in my oppinion, you really shouldn't slap leftovers on half of your team. (Not to be rude or anything.)

For some battles, you may want to have leftovers on crobat if you plan to use it as a staller, but focus sash could do it some good against some of those pesky OUs. Considering your hypnosis fails and happens to give them a turn to Ddance than 1-shot you.

Just a suggestion.

Walrein

Banned
    Years
  • Welcome first of all!
    Besides that, not much to improve actually-a great team! I just think U-turn on Crobat in not neccesery, and would preffer Fire Fang on Salamance to avoid it beeing weakened by Draco Meteor.

Crazed_One

Lalala
    Years
  • Well, in my oppinion, you really shouldn't slap leftovers on half of your team. (Not to be rude or anything.)

For some battles, you may want to have leftovers on crobat if you plan to use it as a staller, but focus sash could do it some good against some of those pesky OUs. Considering your hypnosis fails and happens to give them a turn to Ddance than 1-shot you.

Just a suggestion.

Well I think that two of those pokemon should have Lefties, but Crobat should have a Focus Sash.

Növa

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2008
    Well I think that two of those pokemon should have Lefties, but Crobat should have a Focus Sash.
    Registeel is a must for leftovers.
    Slowbros is 'meh' won't hurt it.
    Crobat won't last long enough with leftovers for them to even matter. If it gets hit it will most likely die unless it's not very effective. So Focus Sash is the obvious choice for a low-defense staller.

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Registeel is a must for leftovers.
    Slowbros is 'meh' won't hurt it.
    Crobat won't last long enough with leftovers for them to even matter. If it gets hit it will most likely die unless it's not very effective. So Focus Sash is the obvious choice for a low-defense staller.
    Every standard Slowbro set has Leftovers. It isn't "meh" it's just as much of a "must" as it is for Registeel.

And Crobat as a staller is lol, even if there is a standard set for it. That Crobat set in the original post isn't a staller -- I don't even know what to call it, but if the implied purpose is to attack and then U-turn, it isn't much of a staller.

Növa

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2008
    Every standard Slowbro set has Leftovers. It isn't "meh" it's just as much of a "must" as it is for Registeel.

And Crobat as a staller is lol, even if there is a standard set for it. That Crobat set in the original post isn't a staller -- I don't even know what to call it, but if the implied purpose is to attack and then U-turn, it isn't much of a staller.
    I didn't leave it at "meh", I believe I said "meh, wont hurt it". I never once implied it shouldn't be used.
    Also, anything with hypnosis is a staller as it adds more time to the battle, it doesn't matter if hypnosis is used or not, it's still part of the set, thus it becomes a staller. Just like a blissey can be used to melee with flamethrower/ice beam. You could use it as a special attacker, or you could use it as a wall because of the HP and special defense. If it has flamethrower, it can special attack, that doesnt mean it would.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • Ok, what is this crap? Seriously, he's been getting sub-par rates this whole time. First off, many teams has multiple Leftovers. If the poke needs it, they need it, you shouldn't forgo it because it "looks like too many". Second, Crobat is meant to be an annoyer -sort of hit & run poke. Second, I see a tremendous Heatran weaknes as well. He does maximum damage to each of these pokes, & you can't do anything to hurt it. You can only hope to put it to sleep with Crobat, assuming Sleep Clause hasn't activated.

You're also screwed a bit by Azelf. I'm no good with solutions, however, so I'll get someone who is.

Just because it has Hypnosis, in no way makes it a staller. Just because Bliss has Flamethrower, does not make her an attacker. It's just a means of defending herself so she won't get set up on.

Walrein

Banned
    Years
  • While I know Flamethrower becomes a popular move on Salamance, and Iv'e used it myself on it back in advance, I wouldn't recommend it with Draco Meteor-switching out would be the only way to restore it's damage, and that would reset all Dragon Dances. Use Fire Fang insted.

Növa

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2008
    Ok, what is this crap? Seriously, he's been getting sub-par rates this whole time. First off, many teams has multiple Leftovers. If the poke needs it, they need it, you shouldn't forgo it because it "looks like too many". Second, Crobat is meant to be an annoyer -sort of hit & run poke. Second, I see a tremendous Heatran weaknes as well. He does maximum damage to each of these pokes, & you can't do anything to hurt it. You can only hope to put it to sleep with Crobat, assuming Sleep Clause hasn't activated.

You're also screwed a bit by Azelf. I'm no good with solutions, however, so I'll get someone who is.

Just because it has Hypnosis, in no way makes it a staller. Just because Bliss has Flamethrower, does not make her an attacker. It's just a means of defending herself so she won't get set up on.
    You all seem to be missing my point..

The Crobat is not a staller. I understand that.

However, it has the cababilites to act like one. And those cababilities would be improved with a focus sash. And that little bit of extra variety outways a little health each turn with leftovers..especially on such an ill-protected pokemon.

Walrein

Banned
    Years
  • While it isn't frail, it's not a staller. And it should have Dark Pulse or Shadow Ball over U-Turn. I wouldn't use any special moves on it, but still...

sims796

Years
  • No it should not. U-Turn is perfect for a hit & run poke.

Second, FOCUS SASH DOES NOT MAKE IT A STALLER. It does not have the capabilites to act as one, & Focus Sash actually decreases those odds. First off, Sash is ruined by Stealth Rock, & more common, Sadstorm. So there that goes. It's only useful for leads. Also, it's stats are too beefy for a Sash. It does not i any way have Stalling capabilities on anything except fighting pokes. Seriously, with Sash, it survives for one extra turn. What a staller. However, Leftovers works great, because Crobat is somewhat solid.

Walrein

Banned
    Years
  • Yes indeed. It's not used for the power, just to get in a light hit while you switch to the appropriate counter. I don't like doing this, but Smogon explains it better.
    Still, Dark Pulse or Shadow Ball could severly damage Rotom and Banette, while U-turn won't do much at all beeing resisted by Ghost. Rotom also resists Air Slash.

sims796

Years
  • Rotom & Banette? Who gives a crap about them! This is an OU team, & that set is tailored to handle OU pokes. He will never fight Banette in OU, lest his opponent likes to lose, & Rotom? Seriously? Great in UU, sup par in OU. Registeel can handle both of those, regardless.

Back