• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen R/S/E Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

syphilis

lul spread the love.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2012
    i beat the elite 4 somehow.

Final Team:

Zombies! lvl 52
    R/S/E Monotype Challenge

Dig
    Return
    Shadow Ball
    Grudge

Mood4Luv lvl 55
    R/S/E Monotype Challenge

Aerial Ace
    Confuse Ray
    Faint Attack
    Shadow Ball

Pupa lvl 57
    R/S/E Monotype Challenge

Shock Wave
    Shadow Ball
    Will-o-Wisp
    Facade

ForDissent lvl 56
    R/S/E Monotype Challenge

Shadow Ball
    Ice Beam
    Confuse Ray
    Will-o-Wisp

steven's aggron and metagross couldn't hit Zombies!. i felt bad for them :(

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2009
    Bring it on! I'll try a Dark Challenge for my Emerald Version.

After doing all the pointless stuff (taking Treecko, saving Birch, beating May, gaining Pokedex etc.) I decided to capture a young Poochyena. The dumb mutt didn't see it coming.

After that, me and my Poochyena, named Shadow, headed towards Petalburg City, owning every noob who thought they could beat me! In Petalburg, me and my awesome dad help some noob named Wally catch a weak Ralts.

Soon, he told me of a weaker Gym Leader for me to tear apart called Roxanne so off I went, laughing at the weaklings who cried while Shadow owned them.

Player: Yami
    Playtime: 0 : 46
    Badges: 0
    Pokedex: 2

Team:
    Shadow/Poochyena Lv. 13 (M)
    Brave Nature
    Tackle, Howl, Sand Attack, Bite

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
    Years
    random.org told me to do a monotype challenge in hoenn with dragons (<-- takes this stuff too seriously ¬¬)
    (seriously, coin flipper bush was hoenn, kerry was kanto, and i got number 16 in integer generator following gym type order (rock->water->electric->...->ice->dragon)

so i hope you don't mind me gamesharking a dratini as my starter :D

i'll use an emerald emulator (since i don't have my gba anyways)

actually, i take that back (since you don't want hacks), so i'm gonna do a grass monotype!

Last edited:

[Rock Lee]

Kusanagi Swordsman~
    Years
    Would it be possible for me to continue a run I'd started a very long time ago here? I can (and will) have a full list of spoilers put here to show my progress to my current point from when I started. Then, I can just continue and post updates here regularly until I'm done, which'll hopefully be the day I started it a year ago. Wouldn't that be cool? o;

HallwayKid

The Illogical Scientist
    Years
    Would it be possible for me to continue a run I'd started a very long time ago here? I can (and will) have a full list of spoilers put here to show my progress to my current point from when I started. Then, I can just continue and post updates here regularly until I'm done, which'll hopefully be the day I started it a year ago. Wouldn't that be cool? o;

The guy who started this thread hasn't been online for over a month, so, I don't think he will answer your question.

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
    Years
    alright, so i:

• started my game, and chose the girl (just for the **** of it, named Azalea (for the flower)
    • chose a male treecko as my starter (named wana)
    • did the storyline for my pokedex & poke balls
    • caught a male lotad (named loto)
    • caught a male seedot (named cono)
    • went to petalburg, helped wally get his ralts, and got told to get four gym badges
    • caught a female shroomish in petalburg forest (named zina)
    • beat all the trainers in the route south of rustboro, the gym trainers, and easily disposed of roxanne
    • team Vs Roxanne:
      Spoiler:
    • went north to route 116, beat all trainers, and beat the team aqua dude (thus retrieving peecko)
    currently: making my way back to rustboro for HM01 Cut, and the pokenav.

current party:
    Wana
    R/S/E Monotype Challenge

Treecko (M) @ --- | Lv13
    Timid | Overgrow
    ~ Pound
    ~ Leer
    ~ Absorb
    ~ Quick Attack
    Loto
    R/S/E Monotype Challenge

Lotad (M) @ --- | Lv13
    Quirky | Rain Dish (hell yeah)
    ~ Astonish
    ~ Growl
    ~ Absorb
    ~ Nature Power
    Cono
    R/S/E Monotype Challenge

Seedot (M) @ --- | Lv13
    Quiet | Chlorophyll
    ~ Bide
    ~ Growl
    ~ Harden
    ~ Nature Power
    Zina
    R/S/E Monotype Challenge

Shroomish (F) @ --- | Lv13
    Naughty | Effect Spore
    ~ Stun Spore
    ~ Leech Seed
    ~ Tackle
    ~ Absorb

[Rock Lee]

Kusanagi Swordsman~
    Years
    The guy who started this thread hasn't been online for over a month, so, I don't think he will answer your question.

So, more or less, I can just get started right away? O.o Can't see why not.

All right, then, let's get started (The spoilers below contain my previous actions from the beginning all the way to where I'm at now).

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

And this leads us to today. Man, it's been awhile... Time to dust off my updating skills. ;D Here goes:

---------- Update ----------

R/S/E Monotype Challenge

----------------------

- Shopped for some useful items in the Lilycove Department Store.
    - Sold some items, like Nuggets, while I was at it.
    - Made my way through the city to the beach, whereupon I started toward the Team Aqua base.
    - Barged my way into the base, only to find it empty save two grunts that told me their boss was elsewhere.
    - Flew to Slateport and found Captain Stern being interviewed.
    - After the interview, heard and found Team Aqua stealing Stern's submarine.
    - Flew back to Lilycove and reentered Aqua's base.
    - Laughed at Aqua's poorly trained pokemon as I worked my way deeper inside the base.
    - Found several items along the way, most notably the Master Ball.
    - After some teleporter mind-rapes, I stumbled upon the submarine, but it was being guarded by an Aqua Admin.
    - Omnivile made short work of the admin, but he stalled just enough time for the submarine to get away.
    - After visiting the Pokecenter and doing some last minute shopping, I left out for Mossdeep.
    - After a couple trainer battles and wild encounters, landed on Mossdeep's shores.
    - Healed my party up and explored the city, meeting up with Steven again, among other things (such as obtaining the Super Rod).
    - Shivered at the thought of taking on the gym; decided training up a bit would be my best bet.
    - Trained via the trainers between Mossdeep City and Pacifidlog Town (some, not all).
    - Challenged the Mossdeep City Gym; I overcame the duo of Tate & Liza (They hit Omnivile hard before he could set up, but Nayru and Kurabatto made it out perfectly) and obtained the Mind Badge.

Currently: Prepared to dive my way into Sootopolis.

---Current Team---

R/S/E Monotype Challenge
    Kurabatto, Lv. 39, Female
    Jolly nature, Inner Focus @ King's Rock
    - Aerial Ace
    - Confuse Ray
    - Air Cutter
    - Bite

R/S/E Monotype Challenge
    Nayru, Lv. 38, Female
    Mild nature, Liquid Ooze @ Mystic Water
    - Ice Beam
    - Acid
    - Surf
    - Supersonic

R/S/E Monotype Challenge
    Omnivile, Lv. 39, Male
    Rash nature, Chlorophyll @ Miracle Seed
    - Sunny Day
    - Sleep Powder
    - Acid
    - Solar Beam

R/S/E Monotype Challenge
    Gammax, Lv. 40, Male
    Naughty nature, Sticky Hold @ Quick Claw
    - Body Slam
    - Shock Wave
    - Sludge
    - Amnesia

R/S/E Monotype Challenge
    Traxis, Lv. 38, Male
    Relaxed nature, Sticky Hold @ Hard Stone (No reason... for now)
    - Sludge
    - Screech
    - Minimize
    - Acid Armor

R/S/E Monotype Challenge
    T. Hawk, Lv. 26, Male
    [HM Slave]
    - Cut
    - Fly
    - Flash
    - Strength

Last edited:

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    I have decided to do a Bug Mono Run on Ruby

Im in petalburg forrest

R/S/E Monotype Challenge
    Lvl 7
    Tackle
    String Shot
    Poison Sting
    Harden

[Rock Lee]

Kusanagi Swordsman~
    Years
    All right, so I made some more progress tonight. I'm making so much progress, in fact, that I'd finish tomorrow, even if I took my time. So, what I'm going to do is after this update, I'm actually going to go ahead and start a new monotype run for R/S/E to keep me occupied while I wait. "Wait for what?" you may be asking. Well, I started my Poison-Type run on December 14th of last year. For some undefinable reason, I really, really want to finish it the day I started it, but a year later. That means I could possibly finish the other run before I finish this one. o.o Hmm...

Anyway, yeah, it's weird, but... wouldn't it be kinda cool to say that it took me a year to finish this run exactly? Hehe... anyway, on with the update:

R/S/E Monotype Challenge

----------------------

- Dove down into the waters surrounding Sootopolis, making my way inside.
    - After rising from the deep waters and visiting the pokecenter, I realized that I had to go find the submarine Team Aqua had stolen BEFORE I come to Sootopolis. D'oh.
    - After the amazement of my rustiness, I dove around the waters of Hoenn and came across a hole, of which I entered.
    - Found the missing submarine, which attracted me to arise to the top and enter the cave above.
    - Battled my way through the cave, taking on simple Aqua grunts and boggling Stregth boulder puzzles (I got all of them right the first try this time! Woo, go me!)
    - Crept deeper into the cave, eventually happening upon the resting Kyogre.
    - As I began to look over Kyogre, I was attacked by Archie, Team Aqua's leader.
    - After a suprisingly difficult battle, I defeated Archie.
    - Witnessed Kyogre awaken from his slumber via the Red Orb that Archie had.
    - After Archie and Maxie argued outside in the downpour, Steven came and explained the situation.
    - I THEN made my way to Sootopolis City.
    - Found Steven discussing matters with Wallace, the gym leader of the city.
    - Got dragged to the Cave of Origins and entered said cave.
    - Descended down the cave until I reached the bottom floor, the resting place of Kyogre.
    - Caught Kyogre with the Master Ball (I would've normally caught him with an Ultra Ball, but I don't plan on catching Rayquaza).
    - Ventured outside the cave to see the world returned to normal.
    - Healed up and prepared to challenge the gym.
    - Challenged the Sootopolis City Gym, sailing smoothly all until Wallace's Milotic gave me difficulty; Regardless, I defeated Wallace and obtained the Rain Badge.
    - Taught my water-travel HM slave Waterfall and surfed over to Ever Grande City.
    - Climbed the waterfall and found refuge at the pokecenter nearby.

Currently: About to venture into the final stretch, Victory Road.

---Current Team---

R/S/E Monotype Challenge
    Kurabatto, Lv. 41, Female
    Jolly nature, Inner Focus @ King's Rock
    - Aerial Ace
    - Confuse Ray
    - Air Cutter
    - Bite

R/S/E Monotype Challenge
    Nayru, Lv. 40, Female
    Mild nature, Liquid Ooze @ Mystic Water
    - Ice Beam
    - Acid
    - Surf
    - Supersonic

R/S/E Monotype Challenge
    Omnivile, Lv. 40, Male
    Rash nature, Chlorophyll @ Miracle Seed
    - Sunny Day
    - Sleep Powder
    - Acid
    - Solar Beam

R/S/E Monotype Challenge
    Gammax, Lv. 41, Male
    Naughty nature, Sticky Hold @ Quick Claw
    - Body Slam
    - Shock Wave
    - Sludge
    - Amnesia

R/S/E Monotype Challenge
    Traxis, Lv. 41, Male
    Relaxed nature, Sticky Hold @ Hard Stone (No reason... for now)
    - Sludge
    - Screech
    - Minimize
    - Acid Armor

R/S/E Monotype Challenge
    T. Hawk, Lv. 26, Male
    [HM Slave]
    - Cut
    - Fly
    - Flash
    - Strength

R/S/E Monotype Challenge
    SurferDude, Lv. 31, Male
    [HM Slave]
    - Surf
    - Dive
    - Waterfall
    - Rock Smash

syphilis

lul spread the love.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2012
    i want to do this challenge again but with flying types this time. so that's what i'm gonna do.

[Rock Lee]

Kusanagi Swordsman~
    Years
    i want to do this challenge again but with flying types this time. so that's what i'm gonna do.

In response to this, I could become your rival and do Flying-Type as well, but I'm not going to. ;D I don't know what I'm going to do while I wait for December 14th. Play Diamond, since I still haven't beaten it or any other 4th generation game yet because I'm a loser? Hmm...

It's between Fire, Electric, Psychic, and Steel. I'll edit this post once I decide. 8D

EDIT: I'm going to start a Steel-Type Monotype Challenge run while I wait for December 14th. ;D

... And with that, my Steel-Type Monotype Challenge has begun!

R/S/E Monotype Challenge

----------------------

- Began my adventure.
    - Character: Male, Name: LEE.
    - Selected TREEKO as my starter, saving Prof. Birch.
    - Found May north of Oldale Town, challenged her, and defeated her.
    - Went back to Birch's lab, where I was given my pokedex and some pokeballs.
    - Caught 3 Zigzagoons, my Pick Up slaves.
    - Weaved my way through trainers to get to Petalburg City.
    - Helped Wally catch a Ralts by request of my dad.
    - Progressed into the Petalburg Woods, protecting the Devon Researcher from a Team Aqua grunt.
    - Continued on and made my way to Rustboro City.
    - Challenged the Rustboro City Gym, breezing through with Treeko; I defeated Roxanne and obtained the Stone Badge.
    - Save Peeko for Mr. Briney, reclaiming the Devon Goods at the same time.
    - Talked with the Devon President, obtaining a letter to Steven and a Pokenav.
    - Set out for Dewford Town via sea travel, thanks to Mr. Briney.
    - After checking my supplies and weaving around some trainers, I made it into the Granite Cave.
    - Went to the second floor and found my first team pokemon: Aron.
    - Trained a ton, venturing back and fighting all trainers I'd avoided before.

Currently: overlevelingTraining my Aron to prepare him for the Dewford Gym.

---Current Team---

R/S/E Monotype Challenge
    RX, Lv. 16, Male
    Careful Nature, Sturdy
    - Tackle
    - Metal Claw
    - Mud-Slap
    - Headbutt

R/S/E Monotype Challenge
    Grovyle, Lv. 16, Male
    [HM Slave]
    - Cut
    - Flash
    -Absorb (Rock Smash)
    - Pursuit (Strength)

R/S/E Monotype Challenge
    3x, Names: Daigo/J. Wong/Watson, All Male
    [Pick Up slaves]

*** Bonus points to those who know where my pokemon nicknames are coming from. ***

Last edited:

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    I Caught a Cascoon and Nincada
    Evolved Cascoon and Silcoon
    Grinded Beautifly and Dustox to Lvl 14
    Grinded Nincada to lvl 10
    Fought Roxanne and had a Crit on Nosepass :D
    Gave letter to Steven

Currently:Fighting everybody north and south of Slateport before challenging Brawly

R/S/E Monotype ChallengeLvl 15 @Miracle Seed
    Tackle
    Absorb
    Poison Sting
    Gust

R/S/E Monotype ChallengeLvl 14
    Confusion
    Harden
    Gust
    Theif

R/S/E Monotype Challenge Lvl 12 @Exp Share
    Scratch
    Harden
    Leech Life
    Sand Attack

Last edited:

[Rock Lee]

Kusanagi Swordsman~
    Years
    I Caught a Cascoon and Nincada
    Evolved Cascoon and Silcoon
    Grinded Beautifly and Dustox to Lvl 14
    Grinded Nincada to lvl 10
    Fought Roxanne and had a Crit on Nosepass :D
    Gave letter to Steven

Currently:Fighting everybody north and south of Slateport before challenging Brawly

R/S/E Monotype ChallengeLvl 15 @Miracle Seed
    Tackle
    Absorb
    Poison Sting
    Gust

R/S/E Monotype ChallengeLvl 14
    Confusion
    Harden
    Gust
    Theif

R/S/E Monotype Challenge Lvl 12 @Exp Share
    Scratch
    Harden
    Leech Life
    Sand Attack

Good start. 8D I'm having to do the same thing with Dewford as you are. I attempted it with RX at Lv. 16, but the poor guy... *shivers*

Looking forward to the next update! ;D

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Hey Lee What Game are you playing?If your on ruby you can get a Mawile.....If not your gonna have to be using just Aron for a long time (Till Magnimite I suppose)

[Rock Lee]

Kusanagi Swordsman~
    Years
    Hey Lee What Game are you playing?If your on ruby you can get a Mawile.....If not your gonna have to be using just Aron for a long time (Till Magnimite I suppose)

Actually, I originally intended to get a Mawile. I decided against it in the end, though, so I can focus more on the three I'm going to have: Aggron, Skarmory, and Magneton. The other three slots will be for my two HM slaves and one Pick-Up slave.

I'm playing on Sapphire anyway, so... yeah. x-x So, it's two-fold.

EDIT: I'm going to add this to a more formal update, but I wanted to get it down before I forgot. Wattson was mean. T_T his Magnemite alone gave me some trouble, Voltorb was okay, but Magneton... I usedsavestatesacoupletimesgot super lucky sometimes and after I lowered his defense with RX's newly learned Iron Tail, I had to do something like Iron Tail > Soda Pop > Soda Pop > Repeat. Took forever, even with light-speed speed ups. T_T

I admit to using speed-ups, but man... repetition kills me, so if I know how something's going to go, I just speed through it, except for most gym leader battles and the Elite Four. Oh, and Team Magma/Aqua leader battles. Basically any important battle. D; Regardless, I know, shame on me... *sniffle hick*

R/S/E Monotype Challenge

----------------------

- Decided to skip over Dewford Town Gym for now.
    - Trained up a bit around Slateport, beating the trainers north of the city.
    - Did the Trick Master's house #1.
    - Found May, battled with her, and won (Combusken... you're... EVIL).
    - Continued onward to Mauville City.
    - Defeated Wally and sent him packing to Verdanturf.
    - Defeated all the trainers lining the route west of Mauville, turning back once I got the Blackglasses from the Rusturf Tunnel.
    - Reluctantly challenged the Mauville City Gym, coming out the victor in an edge-of-your-seat battle; I defeated Wattson and claimed the Dynamo Badge.
    - Went back to Verdanturf Town, into Rusturf Tunnel, and smashed the rocks blocking the way to Rustboro City.
    - Tried my hardest to avoid as many trainers as I could on my way to route 113, home of the steel-clad flyer.
    - After many runs through the ash-blanketed grass, I captured my second team pokemon (finally!): Skarmory.
    - Did LOADS of backtracking, defeating as many trainers as possible that I missed with my new addition to the team.
    - Continued onward to Fallabor Town.
    - Made my way to Meteor Falls, where I encountered Team Aqua harassing Prof. Cozmo.
    - Via rail car, made it to the top of Mt. Chimney.
    - Saved the volcano by defeating Team Aqua leader Archie.
    - Climbed down the mountain and rested at Lavaridge Town.

Currently: Preparing my two pokemon for the Lavaridge Town Gym after I backtrack to Dewford and take care of Brawly.

---Current Team---

R/S/E Monotype Challenge
    RX, Lv. 32, Male
    Careful Nature, Sturdy
    - Headbutt
    - Metal Claw
    - Iron Tail
    - Iron Defense

R/S/E Monotype Challenge
    Pyro Lee, Lv. 29, Male
    Hardy Nature, Sturdy
    - Air Cutter
    - Sand-Attack
    - Swift
    - Agility

R/S/E Monotype Challenge
    Grovyle, Lv. 16, Male
    [HM Slave]
    - Cut
    - Flash
    - Rock Smash
    - Strength

R/S/E Monotype Challenge
    3x, Names: Daigo/J. Wong/Watson, All Male
    [Pick Up slaves]

*** Bonus points to those who know where my pokemon nicknames are coming from. ***

Last edited:

syphilis

lul spread the love.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2012
    i haven't done a whole lot with my challenge. i just beat roxanne. she was pretty lame.

Team:
    DumbBeach lvl 17
    R/S/E Monotype Challenge

Water Gun
    Growl
    Supersonic
    Wing Attack

Swallows lvl 13
    R/S/E Monotype Challenge

Wing Attack
    Growl
    Focus Energy
    Quick Attack

i'll do a better update...eventually.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Beat Brawly and May
    Caught an Illumise

Currently:Grinding to beat Wattson...What lvl should I be to beat Wattson (Ruby)

R/S/E Monotype ChallengeLvl 20 @Miracle Seed
    Morning Sun
    Absorb
    Stun Spore
    Gust

R/S/E Monotype Challenge Lvl 19
    Confusion
    Protect
    Gust
    Theif

R/S/E Monotype Challenge Lvl 18 @Silk Scarf
    Scratch