• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Random friend requests?

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    I don't really mind it much, I just accept and then have a chat with the person that sent it. ^^

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • Hmm, I do not find them annoying, as it leans to more tiresome. A person I don't know could possibly be my best friend in the future? Who knows? I take a chance and add them. If they proved to be boring or a waste of time, then their user-name would probably be taken off by the next month.

Brownies

bye PC :D
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2010
    I don't really accept them, they need to talk to me before they added me xD

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • I don't really care about random friend requests. I've learned that people have their own reason for doing things, and I should accept that. Iono, it's hard to explain (probably because I'm exhausted and can't think straight XDD), but yeah. I'm also too nice to turn down a request. I feel rude if I do. ;;

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
  • I get them occasionally. I know I seem picky when I say this, but I'm careful who I add. It's just I'd rather only add people I know and chat with a lot. I don't really care for seeing bunches of people I don't know with a + next to their name in the who's online list.

Megaera

stop calling me d:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 30, 2015
    I accept them, but we need to talk first. But it's just a friend list it's not really your friend. >.> >.> I get that a lot.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I hate random friendship requests. And then it really gets my gull when they don't talk to me after I say I'd like to get to know them better first. Pisses me off. .​

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • If I've never spoken to the person other than a random thread in OT a few times, then I usually ignore the request. However if I've actually spoken to the person and gotten to know them, then chances are that they will be added.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I don't mind them, but usually if someone randomly adds me, I'll also get a nice VM asking how I am. I will usually talk to them a bit and then accept, but if it's only an add, I automatically deny it.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    Oh plz I send them out myself cause I want to,when I get requests I'll allow it normally

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I accept if I know them... reject if I don't.

Alec_

Years
  • I usually rejected all the friend requests that i don't even know. :<.. That's why my profile is private. ^^ To prevent from something. =]]]. ( No need to know right? XD;;)

~Fairytales.

©ereal Killer

Illusions or Real Illusions ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2011
    I dont mind em but at least say something!

A 'hi' wont hurt or how are you, or dude, you're awesome! XD

viridian doubletongue

the world's greatest thief
    Years
  • I generally have to have met them/know their name/exchanged a few words, though there are obviously exceptions. Generally if I don't know them, I'll send them a message asking who they are.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I used to accept any FR that came in but then noticed my list was just about at 200 last week and stopped. I pruned it (down to just under 100--it was so hard XD) and now I'll be a lot more careful about the people I accept.

._. I wish I could cut it down even more but everyone on it is already someone I talk to often, talk to enough that I don't mind having them on my list, or someone I talked to all the time in the past. After being here so long that list just really adds up. @_@

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    I try to talk to people who randomly friend request me. If they talk to me for a while, then I'll accept them. If they don't, then I don't accept.
    If people talk to me for a while then I'll accept it for sure.

Also, I have the nasty habit of removing people from my friend list if they don't talk to me for a long time, with the exception of some really good and memorable friend.

Back