• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Random Pokemon Generator (v.1.1.0)

Dandaman955

The not-so new guy anymore =(
Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2019
    HURRAY

i got a gallade, donphan, kingdra and bellosom on my first try =)

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2013
    Could you add an option to display only base, unevolved pokemon? Thank you.

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2013
    I mean only the very first evolution. This would be a big help when planning teams.

Left4Dead

Are you mental in the face?
    Years
  • This is sweet! I used to sit for ages wondering what pokemon I should get everytime I started over. This helps a lot :D

The Pokemon I've to use next time are:
    Sceptile
    Ampharos
    Probopass
    Gengar
    Slaking
    Flareon

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • ^^ i agree it does

first time without changing anything got metapod. second time changed to electric types only and no legendaries and got magneton

Verkaufer

bis zum bitteren ende
    Years
  • I have updated the Pokemon Generator with a new feature! Now with every Pokemon generated, you have a small chance of receiving a shiny Pokemon! The chances of getting a shiny in the results is the same as within the Pokemon games: 1 in 8192.

If you receive a shiny Pokemon, the counter below the generated table will also update accordingly.

Perhaps if you send me a screenshot with proof that you received a shiny Pokemon, I'll add you to the OP :0

Last edited:

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • This is awesome, but I think I found a bug.

I had it set to 6 Pokemon, Normal, excluding Legendaries, Final Evolutions/Single Evolutions Only, and I got Porygon2.

Shouldn't it have been excluded?

Verkaufer

bis zum bitteren ende
    Years
  • This is awesome, but I think I found a bug.

I had it set to 6 Pokemon, Normal, excluding Legendaries, Final Evolutions/Single Evolutions Only, and I got Porygon2.

Shouldn't it have been excluded?

Whoops, sorry about that. It should be fixed now.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • It happened again, Verkaufer. Same settings as before, this time I got Scyther.

EDIT: Tried it again and I got Onix...

...and Seadra

...and Magneton

...and Rhydon

You know what?

I think it might have something to do with Pokemon who evolve when traded and holding an item.

Last edited:

Ripper

The Dark Knight
    Years
  • It could just be a coincidence, but lots of the Pokemon that I generate at once seem to alphabetically be quite close to one another. For example, I get 3 Ps, 2 Ss, and one Q.

JeTz

ジェット
    Years
  • I have played through it and I made a any type team.

The Result :
    Kangaskhan - Awesome ! <3 Never had him in my team before.
    Chatot - Omg Parrot !! So cutee
    Slaking - I would be preferring Snorlax : ]
    Butterfree - Yes ! Yes ! Yes ! One of my favourite Bugs type <33
    Aggron - Used him on my Emerald before, not bad.
    Tangrowth - Never used but after look at him several times, he is not half bad!

Verkaufer

bis zum bitteren ende
    Years
  • It happened again, Verkaufer. Same settings as before, this time I got Scyther.

EDIT: Tried it again and I got Onix...

...and Seadra

...and Magneton

...and Rhydon

You know what?

I think it might have something to do with Pokemon who evolve when traded and holding an item.

I did set the original database to have both Scyther and Scisor as final evolutions, mainly because they involved trading. I'll go ahead and change that, though.

It could just be a coincidence, but lots of the Pokemon that I generate at once seem to alphabetically be quite close to one another. For example, I get 3 Ps, 2 Ss, and one Q.

It's just a coincidence. The script uses the Pokedex numbers to determine randomness, not names :)

----------------------------------

I've just added a new feature to keep track of how many Pokemon are generated! Since adding it 10 minutes ago, we've already broken 300 generated Pokemon!

Back