• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Random Writing Nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
  • Also hi again, folks. Things seem to have changed a bit since I was last around, like new mod for example. Good to meet you if we haven't already, Nolafus!
    Nice to meet you too! I recognize you from when I snoop around old FF&W threads. We might have interacted a little bit when I first popped up in this section, but I'm not sure.

I've abandoned two stories. I'm still relatively new to writing when compared to some of you, so I haven't had that many stories to stop working on. Although, there are a few essays that sit half complete. Don't worry, they weren't for school.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I've abandoned so many stories O.o Even when I have them all played out. It's got to do with me only writing in short periods of time. Like, I can have a week or two when I'm really itching to write. Then a month when I only feel like RPing, if even that. I should learn to pick up old stories and not drop them forever.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I've abandoned so many stories O.o Even when I have them all played out. It's got to do with me only writing in short periods of time. Like, I can have a week or two when I'm really itching to write. Then a month when I only feel like RPing, if even that. I should learn to pick up old stories and not drop them forever.
    Maybe try to set some time every week, even if it's only half an hour or something like that, to working on one of those stories. A schedule like that can help keep a story moving.
    Hi everyone! New face in the Writing Section here!
    Hi there! Welcome to the section. What sort of stories have you written? Although I guess one can always wait and see, haha.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    You know what, I should probably do that. My little alone-time, sitting on the balcony with a coffee and my laptop, maybe. Thanks for the tip :3

Chiere

Banned
    Years
  • Hi there! Welcome to the section. What sort of stories have you written? Although I guess one can always wait and see, haha.

I've written a few poems and short stories, many Zelda-themed. That is my favorite game series. Although sometime I's love to tackle a story about being in a human chess game (where people are the chess pieces), as I've always wanted to do that.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I've written a few poems and short stories, many Zelda-themed. That is my favorite game series. Although sometime I's love to tackle a story about being in a human chess game (where people are the chess pieces), as I've always wanted to do that.
    Ah, neat, I enjoy the LoZ series myself. But most of my writing has only been for Pokémon, save an Ace Attorney fic and original fictions. I guess I just like writing about that fandom the most.

Human chess reminds me of the first Harry Potter book, heh.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Human chess reminds me of the first Harry Potter book, heh.
    To the surprise of no one: My thoughts exactly.

I'm also a fan of the Legend of Zelda, though I have never read a fanfic based on the series. Probably the only way for me to instantly check a LoZ fanfic is to base it on the late 80's cartoon. That was my childhood.

It's funny how I'm in a variety of fandoms, but I really only write fanfics based on two. Other ones might give me some ideas from the canons, or I might read a few stories here and there, but there's only two that I'll write about.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • And then there's me, who doesn't write for any fandom despite modding a writing section on a pokemon forum.

Anyway, I too enjoy the LoZ series, but haven't seen any fanfiction for it.

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
    Years
  • I go through spurts of writing fanfic, post them on PC, and then disappear into the aether. I don't know if I'll ever actually finish one. I've only ever written Pokémon/Digimon fanfic too. I guess I like the space for original creations those universes give a writer.

What kind of writing do you guys like to do, other than prose? I really love to write drama for stage. I'm lucky enough to have seen a couple of one act plays performed by the Amateur Dramatics Society.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • Only fandoms I write for are Dragon Ball and Naruto.

Hai, I'm a newbie to writing, don't hurt me

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • @Misheard Whisper: yeah, it has been sooo long. I try to spend some time "back" though.

Good to see more people here enjoy LoZ. Helps me not feel alone. And some other fandoms where I check up some stuff, though the only one I writing for is Pokémon nowadays (and veeeeery long ago, Final Fantasy).

bewbs

~Chloe~
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    A, B or C?

A. So many goomys.
    B. So many goomy.
    C. So many goomies.

C feels like the right one, but what do you guys think?

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
    Years
  • I think B seems more correct, perhaps? When it comes to species of Pokémon I tend avoid the 's' plural. However, I think you can get away with it if you don't have to change the spelling: wurmples, caterpies, noctowls, etc.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • I'm trying to recall now how I render PokePlurals, but for the life of me I can't remember.

A is certainly wrong in any case. The tailing 'y' in English becomes an 'ies' in plural, so the question that remains is whether "goomy" or other Pokemon names are pluralized like "sheep" as opposed to "dog."

I may be completely off base on this, but I think the reason we have alternate style plurals for some animals, like "fish," "sheep," "cattle," "swine" are because these animals are also commodities and food sources. So most Pokemon I think would have s-plurals. I'd decide these on a case-by-case basis, as some of them certainly sound like they shouldn't have s-plurals, like "Magikarp," going along with the whole "fish" thing.

For "Goomy," though, I think the way most people would pluralize them out loud would be "Ugh, what even are those?"

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    The rule I've seen in this fandom for years is that Pokemon names are never given the "s" ending when pluralized. So it's always "a group of Goomy," "a family of Pikachu," or "a pod of Wailmer."

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • The rule I've seen in this fandom for years is that Pokemon names are never given the "s" ending when pluralized. So it's always "a group of Goomy," "a family of Pikachu," or "a pod of Wailmer."
    Uhh...Forget my spiel then. :D I guess this makes sense considering how we never write "Pokemons."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back