• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rant about your playthrough.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
  • So the whole purpose of this is technically: is there anything just inconvenient going on in your playthrough? Post it here!

In my X run, why is whenever I send out one of my weaker mons first to grind them, why must the opponent ALWAYS use a mon that basically kill them easily? (Eg. When I send out a poison mon, the opponent will send out a steel mon) My poor Charizard must be angry with me for using him so much thanks to those damn floating keys, and at the same time, my Beedrill probably feels upset because she barely does much work, also thanks to the fucking keys.

What are your whines?

SuperKirbyTwinz

Twice the person...twice the fun...Twinning yes?
    Years
  • Simutaneous playthroughs

Silver: Suicune...ran out of balls...three times.
    Emerald: Was at the last battle in the Battle Tower...Snorlax crits my Metagross to death with return...
    Diamond: Raising Bronzor is a pain
    Black 2: I can't find my friggin cartridge >:(
    X: Salon Maiden simultaneous critical hits on me and my bro
    Omega Ruby: One in a million sheer cold on a Lucario I was raising...

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Why oh why must it be so hard to train Nincada? I just want a Shedinja but every trainer I encounter seems to send out a flying or rock type. :|

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I restarted Y to do a challenge and I literally will do one battle and then turn the game off cause I'm not feelin' it. #xyprobs

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Alpha Sapphire

Graveler: Lv. 36
    Next highest Pokemon (Pelipper): 28

I actually only enabled EXP share to catch up but all it did is make Graveler way ahead of everyone lol.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    that's a beefy graveler u got there
    Rant about your playthrough.

machamps aint got nothing on the true four armed champ

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
    Years
  • The existence of supersonic. No particular game or run through... just that move's existence in general.

Also... grinding south of Blackthorn City in Johto. GRAVELLERS... EVERYWHERE... EXPLOSION..... BOOM!

Years
  • Y WonderTypelocke: Early on, it takes so many Wonder Trades to give me a Pokémon I can actually use.

Yet I still don't feel pushed down when playing the game on its own.

Years
  • I can't really rant much, but I know that in Black 2/White 2 it is insanely hard to train early on due to the lack of Audinos. Doesn't help that Cheren is pretty tough for a first Gym Leader due to his scary Work Up Lillipup. Riolu also takes too long to learn an actual Fighting-type move as well.

And also when I was playing Alpha Sapphire, I was constantly raging every time a Hariyama used Endure against me. Seriously those things just don't want to give up, plus it's way more annoying than the days of RSE where Pelipper spammed Protect that it was not funny.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • There is something that I really rage in my playthroughs, that stupid sturdy hability!
    GRAVELER DOES NOT WANT TO GIVE UP! Like seriously, I want to go through a cave and I don't have repels ... I want to do that fast and those stupid rock balls don't want to be killed!
    The other thing is that when I want to try to train a low level pokémon, he dies .... I rage so much!
    And seriously I don't know why, I was having problems to catch Kyogre and when I cathed Kyogre I turned off my 3ds and I didn't save! ;-; Why does this happens to me?

Years
  • I'm doing a Diamond Nuzlocke run (cough shameless plug in my signature cough!) and I've come across some real cheapness so far in the game.

- Fighting a Bronzor in the rain, so the only effective type I have against it is nullified
    - Gyms that are full of trainers using other types of pokémon
    - Gym LEADERS using other types of pokemon - an ice leader using fighting/psychic? come on!

It's compounded by the fact that in my run I'm using Battle Style: Set, so I can't swap pokémon without giving my opponent a free hit... I've lost some favourites along the way!

Edit: I also remember raging HARD when I came up against Whitney's damn Miltank in Gold...

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Gardevoir used Hypnosis.
    Electrode avoided the attack.
    Electrode used Explosion.

Did I mention the Electrode happened to be Shiny?:(

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Platinum Nuzlocke

I attempted a first run and got defeated just after the second gym which in my eyes wasn't very far at all. Made a second attempt and didn't get much further, lost against Fantina and became overly frustrated. ;-;

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I love this thread.

In my HeartGold run I'm about to fight Team Rocket, and I'm having serious team problems. Exeggutor, why are you so horribly weak? Stop that. :(

That's rough. I'm sorry. :'( What game was this?

Exeggutor has always been one of my least favourite Psychic Types.

The shiny Electrode was in Pokemon X. In the Lost Hotel.

However I did find and catch a Shiny Gible in the same game.:)

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Oh, awesome! Gible is one of my absolute favourite Pokémon. 8)

She is a valuable member of my team. I took her all the way to the Hall of Fame as a Gible but will likely now evolve her all the way to a Garchomp which means Shiny Purple Mega Garchomp.:)

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Cynthia nearly wreck my team, again. I'm officially scared of her and her Garchomp that Earthquake is simply too much for my Infernape and Empoleon, while Dragon Rush isn't friendly towards my Honchkrow, Leafeon and Rotom.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • It seems like I came to the point where I will never get a ground type on my current X team. I could teach Bulldoze or Dig to someone, but that would defeat the purpose of not having a ground mon in the first place. Looking it up, I could get:

Graveler-Great, but I only have one 3DS, so I can't evolve it.
    Sandslash-Also great, but using it in one of my runs.
    Stunfisk and Quagsire-Both are decent, but type redundancy.

So yeah. I'm not looking forward to the Swalots and Drapion at the bad team base.

Last edited:
    Back