• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Rate my torterra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2010
    hi.
    care to rate my torterra out of a scale of 10?
    i didnt know much about ev training initially but everything seems to turn out fine.. whats got to be low is low and whats that should be high is high. heres the details.

torterra
    female
    level 78
    overgrowth ability
    impish nature
    leftover

hp 261
    atk 212
    def 225
    sp atk 145
    sp def 143
    speed 132

moveset
    wood hammer
    earthquake
    leech seed
    synthesis

im thinking if i really need the 2 healing moves but they seems to be fine? anyway if you were to ask me to choose, i'd choose leech seed over synthesis. if so, what should i replace it with?

i thank you all in advance for the precious opinions and comments you'll be giving.

sambo626

Pokemon Breeder/EV Trainer
    Years
  • It looks alright, not what you'd call the best torterra in the world but there are worse out there.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I think it's pretty good, I personally prefer an attack-oriented Torterra- Earthquake, Wood Hammer, Crunch, and Frenzy Plant. Frenzy is just in case I need a special move.

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    not too much. i think it would be a regular torterra. but leech seed is nice but i'd rather take sunny day for the grass type boosting. fire gets killed by STAB EQ. ice gets lower attack by sunny day, but an articuno can cause you some trouble here. anyway, this isn't the right section so i gave you a quick idea.

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
    Years
  • -Leaf said:
    ice gets lower attack by sunny day
    Wrong. Water gets lower attack power in sunny day, not ice.
    Your Torterra looks......okay. I'd say 6/10. But I recommend throwing in Stone Edge for an option against flying and ice types.

Zackraa

Nom Nom Nom
    Years
  • Get rid of synthesis (Torterra is good in sandstorms but synthesis won't help you as much as it looks like it would) then maybe bring in stone edge if you wish to battle competitively or bring back in curse if you are just playing in game though curse can work out fine too in competitive battles because with 4x Attack and Defense you don't need to be fast I'd suggest placing either a yache berry if you are afraid of ice moves or a big root if you want more HP recovery from leech seed

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2009
    I'm not really one who cares at all about ev/iv training so by the looks of it, I'd give it like a 7/10.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back