• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate the Video Game Music Above You! (2.0)

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    8/10, very good. Anything Okami I love. I like how peaceful yet victorious it is. Also the nature of Ys games is repetitive... soo

next up, guess what another Ys song because when it comes to gaming Falcom has music by the balls.

Years
  • 9/10 Very good, I like it. On a side note you've gotten me interested in looking at the steam version of Ys 1 and 2 from this.

Now for one of my personal favourites.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    6.5/10. It's not really my kinda thing, but it was nice that there was a video with some gameplay footage to go along with it.

This is Phantom Brave's R&R Junkie:

TY

Interesting, very interesting indeed. I can see myself play RTS games while listening to it :D
    It kinda sounds like a Terran theme for StarCraft tbh xD

Some old SC1 Protoss music <3

Outlier

7/10 Sounds like a cyberpunk Crash Bandicoot theme. Nice photo too.

Whoever played the Tenkaichi Dragonball games will surely remember this one, even if you haven't how can this not get you pumped?

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • 8/10.

Pretty good. It doesn't get me pumped, but I do enjoy the song.

Zero no Kiseki - Inevitable Struggle

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    8/10. That's pretty good. It vaguely reminds me of something, but everything seems to do that.

Whether you liked or hated Final Fantasy XIII, you can't deny that this one is pretty good (or maybe you can):

Saber's Edge

Years
  • 6/10 I do enjoy the XIII soundtrack, but in my mind, this is one of the lesser tracks. It's ok, it's just a bit plain to me. I do enjoy the piano work though. I actually prefer the base battle theme to Saber's Edge.

Let's see how people take to something a bit more retro. (I'll be honest to admit that this peice is more of an acquired taste then an instant classic.)

Gain Ground- Origin/Awakening

PMG

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    I loved hearing this in MGS. It helped that I sucked at being stealthy. 9/10

Kefka from Final Fantasy VI

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    7.5/10. Mmmm, that's nice. Never could finish the game though.

Another one fom Disgaea D2:

Live Arrival

And it has lyrics, so that's a bit different from most of the posts in this thread (I think). Japanese ones, so its not like I know what Tenpei Sato is singing....

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • 9/10.

I actually like this theme. One of the better "vocal" songs in the Disgaea, but not taking account the openings. But, while we're on the topic of vocal Disgaea song...

Disgaea 4 - You Go Girl

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    10/10. =)

I've always loved You Go Girl (both the vocal and non-vocal versions). IDK why the name changes all the time (its been named You Go Girl, Go Go Girl, Good Luck Girl, and Good Luck, Little Girl). Its always my base theme.

Something you all might've heard before:

Cynthia's battle music from Black2/White2.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    5/10, it's fairly repetitive and it's pokemon music would be better if tey didn;t have the oonce oonce oonce oonce oonce bit because pokemon battles aren't that climatic.

TY

Sounds great, and peaceful, though its not something id listen to while playing the games i usually play :P

Outlier

Don't worry guys Sonic is here to save the day! Yay!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    8/10. That's pretty good (especially considering I'm usually not that into 8-bit music). You could even use it or parts of it in other places I think.

Music for a really difficult duel...yup, its:

Seto 3rd, Yu-gi-oh Forbidden Memories

Goddamn Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon on the first turn 9 out of 10 times.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • A bit slow for the epicness, to be honest. Fits more as an introduction than as a duel theme properly. Still catchy.

Song: 7/10
    Ability to inspire feelings without context: 4/10

Another boss song, courtesy of Hardcore Kirby:

Back