• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ready to Brawl! Super Smash Brothers Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • So I saw this. http://i.imgur.com/3ifWOCo.jpg

I have no idea wether or not it's official and I'm too lazy to check the Smash site to check. (I know I'm terrible) But I'm assuming it isn't actually official considering Abe Lincoln is on there.

Regardless what is everyone opinion on this list? Which characters on here do you think are the most viable and what move sets do you think your picks could have?

Wow, not liking that list at all, hope its fake. Only Sceptile, Hawlucha and Lana look ok.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • So I saw this. http://i.imgur.com/3ifWOCo.jpg

I have no idea wether or not it's official and I'm too lazy to check the Smash site to check. (I know I'm terrible) But I'm assuming it isn't actually official considering Abe Lincoln is on there.

Regardless what is everyone opinion on this list? Which characters on here do you think are the most viable and what move sets do you think your picks could have?
    That list is unofficial. It was made from 4chan after doing numerous research on which were the most voted characters in the ballot from other websites like reddit and gameFAQs. Out of all the frontrunners, King K. Rool is the most viable, because he's currently dominating various polls from those aforementioned sites. All of his supporters, myself included, imagine his moveset using his weapons from the Donkey Kong games such as his crown from DKC1, his blunderbuss from DKC2, and his copter pack from DKC3.

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years
  • We really need a grass pokemon, also with a Mega Evolution, so I'd love to see Sceptile. I'd like to see another Megaman Character.
    In the ridiculous dreaming section...I wouldn't mind Seeing Bayonetta

I personally still think that Bayonetta would be a great addition. But the odds of seeing more third part characters enter the game is slowly getting lower... so Bayonetta and *sniffle* Snake mightn't be the best contenders to get back in.

While the odds of another pokémon candidate getting in are probably pretty low with the addition of Mewtwo, I also think someone like Septile would be a great addition. Though that might be bias since he was always my favourite Gen 3 starter anyway.

Personally I'd love to see Abe Lincoln Lana, Impa, Captain Toad or even Zael enter into the game.

I feel like each of the characters mentioned could have fairly unique movesets that offer new playstyles to the game.

Lana could use her spell book and magic barriers to create some interesting effects, maybe even jumping from one to the other to make her capable o travelling distances quickly. Her final smash could be the summoning gate, used to summon Dodongo as well as the others for a "Pokémon trainer-esque" final smash attack.

I feel like Impa would be more unique if she used her Naginata rather than her great sword. I can imagine her summoning walls of flame or tossing the weapon like she does in the game for some sort of ranged damage. Final Smash could be the Naginata's special move in Hyrule warriors, or something else Sheika related.

Captain Toad could be funny, with his heavy backpack he could be a very small and yet at the same time heavyweight character. Not flying as far when knocked and having pretty terrible recovery as a drawback. He could use the pick-axe and his back-pack to attack among other things from his game. For a final Smash he could lure that big bird guy (name forgotten) to attack an enemy by planting a power star on them. (That or something with Toadette, though maybe toadette could be an alternate skin instead?)

Finally, Zael would be really cool if he could incorporate the way he attacks in his game into Smash Bros. Basically, he could summon magic circles depending on what special he uses and when he does his Smash attacks within these circles they gain specific elemental attributes and effects. A similar mechanic to the way the magic circles work in The Last Story. It could be very unique and fit in nicely with the unique aspects of his "cousin character" Shulks Monado mechanics. I'm not sure about what his Final Smash would be... maybe something to do with drawing in the attention of attackers? I'm not sure.

Regardless, this was my rant about my hopes and dreams for Smash DLC, and this was only a small portion of them too.

tl;dr

I like the idea of Sceptile and Bayonetta but neither seem likely. I'd really like to see Lana, Impa, Captain Toad or Zael get added!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • We really need a grass pokemon, also with a Mega Evolution, so I'd love to see Sceptile. I'd like to see another Megaman Character.
    In the ridiculous dreaming section...I wouldn't mind Seeing Bayonetta
    Including Sceptile will ruin the six-party team theme the Pokémon series is having since Brawl. Also, we can only have one character per third-party company, another Mega Man character and Bayonetta can't happen because of Mega Man himself and Sonic already representing their respective companies.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Thought I'd ask since I just played a bit of it. Have you guys done any Endless Smash, and if ya have, what's your highest number of kills? I got up to 487 before I accidentally killed myself with one of those bomb things. PRAISE BE NOSFERATU

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Thought I'd ask since I just played a bit of it. Have you guys done any Endless Smash, and if ya have, what's your highest number of kills? I got up to 487 before I accidentally killed myself with one of those bomb things. PRAISE BE NOSFERATU

Last time I played Endless Smash...I made it up to 321 kills. I lost control when I got smashed by a Giant Luigi. xD

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • My highest is 200 kills as Mario on the 3DS version. I have yet to play the one on the Wii U version.

How's everyone doing with Mewtwo?

TheKantoKid

Let's go, Pikachu!
    Years
  • Welcome all New Comers!! I can't wait to buy Mewtwo. I'm also looking forward to whatever other DLC characters they give us. I'm still hoping for Snake and as for new maybe someone for the Wonderful 101. That would be pretty cool :D

Years
  • Username: Aisu
    Character Select: Falco
    What was your first Smash game?: Super Smash Bros. 64

Welcome! I'll be adding you to the list!

I don't think the 6 pokemon thing applies as we have 8 player Smash available to us now. We don't have a grass Pokémon at the moment, much less a starter to round out.

At the moment, I sit with 265? Or so in endless smash.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • If Ivysaur was still in the roster, we would still technically have a grass-type Pokemon in Smash Bros. I'm kinda sad that it was removed. :s But alas Ivysaur wasn't that good in terms of double jump. xD

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Hey guys did I tell you about custom Wario
    rosewaftxns8s.gif

dat jank tho

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • ^ You should post that at the gifwar and expect several likes from your hilariously awesome custom Wario.

I was able to purchase Mewtwo for my 3DS copy, since my brother used the Club Nintendo code for his 3DS copy, and I was lucky enough to pre-order the Greninja amiibo at my local Toys R Us. a few weeks ago, my little cousin told me he spotted a Lucario amiibo at his local Toys R Us, but he didn't buy it because he thought we didn't need it. So my family and I went to that Toys R Us to search for it, but it was already gone. ;_;

Years
  • Username: November Lima
    Character Select: Link
    What was your first Smash game?: Super Smash Bros. Melee at a friend's; Super Smash Bros. Brawl as my own.

Meh, I would have to wait for Greninja for almost another month, I think I won't be getting it. :x That being said, I think it's weird that there are even exclusive Amiibo in the first place, but then again economics have never been my strongest suit.

Regarding Mewtwo, it's nice! I just wish I hadn't self-destruct as much as I did when I first got my hands on him: that recoil from aerial Shadow Ball sucks. xD

Also, hey everyone. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back