• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ready to Brawl! Super Smash Brothers Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
  • A Reddit user removed a few pixels from the 3DS character select screen, and this was the result:

BjQ7GVx.png

Apparently, the roster can hold up to six more DLC characters, but seeing that there's only three placeholder slots in the slot, I don't think the last three slots are gonna be used due to the need for more blank spaces.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    When are they gonna reveal the next DLC character(s) though? I thought we would've heard something by now....

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • When are they gonna reveal the next DLC character(s) though? I thought we would've heard something by now....

We'll get it the same time octolings become playable in Splatoon.

Soon enough.

Spoiler:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Good news, guys! A Nintendo Direct was announced for this Thursday. Hopefully there will be Smash news regarding the next DLC fighter.

I am looking forward to seeing who they are going to put in the game. Crossing fingers for Bayonetta

That would be impossible, because unlike Snake, toning her down would ruin her character, as both her moves and her personality have a really sexual nature that's too much for an E10+ game.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • I'm so excited. Looks like this time they learned from the Ryu leaks and have kept things locked up. (which I'm happy for) We could probably expect favourites like Wolf to return and the announcement for the winner of the smash ballot on the Direct.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • oops I haven't posted here in centuries

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what the Direct will bring to SSB. I think we'll get some cool stuff for sure.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • Hopefully with Cloud's inclusion some people will shut up about there being a lock on what characters can't be in the game

Definitely not.

There's always going to be people finding excuses to say this or that character can't get in, and there's always going to be people insisting that their made-up rules about who can and can't get in are officially acknowledged by Nintendo.

Reactions: Z25

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Hopefully with Cloud's inclusion some people will shut up about there being a lock on what characters can't be in the game

The only bad thing about Cloud's inclusion is that casuals will think non-video game characters like Goku and Shrek are no longer impossible to be included in Smash.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I feel like Banjo-Kazooie would be like a Duck Hunt dog type of character if added into the games. Correct me if I'm wrong, but all of the downloadable characters have been announced right? There's no more for Smash 4? If that's true, then do you think that some shouldn't have gotten in like Corinn or Cloud? I would have liked to see Snake added back. :(

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I feel like Banjo-Kazooie would be like a Duck Hunt dog type of character if added into the games. Correct me if I'm wrong, but all of the downloadable characters have been announced right? There's no more for Smash 4? If that's true, then do you think that some shouldn't have gotten in like Corinn or Cloud? I would have liked to see Snake added back. :(

A bit late on the news don't you think? Yes, Corrin and Bayonetta are our last DLC characters to go alongside with Cloud, so yes, we're not getting Snake back, but it's for the best, because adding in Snake would mean Nintendo is supporting all of Konami's bad business decisions. As for Banjo-Kazooie, if you're assuming that they're going to be a Duck Hunt clone, then you've clearly never played any of their games. Yes they're both duo-type characters, but last time I checked, Banjo-Kazooie never throws cans, Frisbees, or gunmen at you, nor does a zap target appears in their smash attacks. Considering that Corrin's purpose was to represent a recently released Nintendo game, then Inkling or whoever's the main character in Xenoblade Chronicles X (either Elma or your avatar) would've been picked over Corrin. Wolf, Isaac and a DK rep (King K. Rool or Dixie Kong) were the most desired, but there's always the next Smash.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Wasn't Kojima the main reason for Snake being in Brawl? While Konami refused giving out any licenses he managed to convince them at the end, to do it anyway. But that would also mean, considering Kojima's relationship with Konami now, that Snake might not get another chance to be included in Smash once again; at least not for the time being.

Not sure who told me that, though...

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Yeah I believe you're right, now that Kojima is out of the picture the odds of Snake being in another Smash game are slim to none. You never know though, I would love to see him back. I think it's dumb to not to have him back in the Smash series, he was one of the most liked characters back in Brawl. Not only was he one of the coolest characters, he was one of the best characters as well. Many of the Metal Gear Solid games are for more mature players, if Konami had him back in Smash then this could help him appeal to younger players as well. He was truly a unique character and I was hoping to see him back in Smash 4 but unfortunately not. :c

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Yeah I believe you're right, now that Kojima is out of the picture the odds of Snake being in another Smash game are slim to none. You never know though, I would love to see him back. I think it's dumb to not to have him back in the Smash series, he was one of the most liked characters back in Brawl. Not only was he one of the coolest characters, he was one of the best characters as well. Many of the Metal Gear Solid games are for more mature players, if Konami had him back in Smash then this could help him appeal to younger players as well. He was truly a unique character and I was hoping to see him back in Smash 4 but unfortunately not. :c

Doesn't Bayonetta already filled in that purpose for Snake? And for mature players? Tell that to the kids who play CoD. It isn't really that dumb to not see him back in Smash, because guest characters are usually a one-time deal for every video game. the Soul Calibur series had a couple of guest characters, but neither of them came back a second time.

TheKantoKid

Let's go, Pikachu!
    Years
  • There is no "fills the role for mature players". Metal Gear is apart of Nintendo history and Snake is an iconic characters. You constantly think too small

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back