• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Real pokemon guru

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    If any of you have questions on pokemon in real life like how would they breathe fire or how would they fit in a Poke`Ball or any other question, ask me and I'll answer it through science.

Last edited:

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I like the idea, and I have a few theories of my own... mind if I join?

as first question, how about regice/steel/rock/gigas- mechanical? possesed chunks of material? natural pokemon?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    If you join heres ur job If i ever come across a really hard question or happenned to be swamped in questions then ill ask for ur help k. as for the question about the regi's registeel has a very soft and fragile inner body. It has actual steel that has been created by fusing all the materials needed to create steel, forming a natural steel. This "armor" protects the inner body, which is also very thin, the head however is very large and and the eyes glow the same way a firefly's thorax glows. there are holes in the armor so it can see. The other three I'll have to think about and I'll tell you the reasons later.

Sebastien Loeb

Motorsport Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    I have not sincerely understood, who both really this '' Pokémon guru ''.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Ink's the "official" guru, and I'm the backup.

I'll answer occasionally anyways, though.

also, be aware that some information may not have 100% plausible or scientific information (this is pokemon, after all), and things like legendary pokemon may have a mythical-based answer in them.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    That's just screwed up. X_x as of yet, I don't know.

the best I can come up with, it was made official before breeding came into play. In r/b, it wasn't a problem.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Fire-breathing is an easy one.

The Pokemon holds a variety of non-harmful chemicals in flame sacs found within the mouth or throat, closer to the trachea. Upon using a flame attack, the Pokemon releases a portion of the chemicals, which mix together to form a combustible mass which is to be depleted after the attack. The Pokemon exhales a great deal of air in order to set the mass ablaze and direct the fire in the desired direction. Some Pokemon should have the ability to inhale while also exhaling, owing to their apparent ability to sustain fire-breathing for long periods of time. The inside of the mouth or, I guess Skuntank's butt, should be lined with resilient epithelium that resists the intense heat given off by the attack or regenerates at a rate faster than it can be destroyed.

- - - - -

For Regice, Regirock, and Registeel, I think it would be reasonable that they have some sort of conductive material inside that functions like the human nervous system, but not necessarily an entire body inside. The Pokemon should also have an energy-filled core from which it draws power from during times of need. Otherwise, it would draw from magnetic fields around the world, explaining the fact that it can use Zap Cannon, and other electrical attacks.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Mmm. very good on the firebreath, but I personally don't understand why the cells of the Pokemon's mouth would regenerate that fast. if so, it would have extreme mouth-druff.

I like the idea of the regis... but according to the 'Dex (taking it as fact) registeel is completely hollow. Anything there?

I'm leaning towards mech-body w/ spirit for the first 3 golem pokemon. For gigas, I need to do research.

did I use "I" enough? xD

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Mmm. very good on the firebreath, but I personally don't understand why the cells of the Pokemon's mouth would regenerate that fast. if so, it would have extreme mouth-druff.

Stimulating the flame sacs will activate the nearby endocrine glands which release a hormone targeting the mouth cells (or Skuntank's butt cells). Upon binding, the hormone cascades and stimulates the increased production of ribosomes and nucleic acids. Moreover, the cells are launched into a hyper-proliferating state.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    *spine broken by sheer bio-logic* XD I get it now. not that being that smart is a bad thing.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    the Remoraid got bored of that question, and so has taken a break to go have it's own sprite instead. :P

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    One might also ask: why are cow balls edible? xDDD
    They just are. I don't think they should be deemed fit for human consumption, but they are.

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
    Years
    In Pokemon World, Thundershocks are just like kicks in butts.

But in the Real World, what would it feel?

Haha!

P.S.:)

Last edited:

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    In Pokemon World, Thundershocks are just like kicks in butts.

But in the Real World, what would it feel?

Haha!

P.S. = Support Pokemon Times! Post on my Newspaper Thread! :)

The same as getting shocked by a taser or getting hit by a lightning bolt.
    Weaker electrical attacks would just cause temporary, short-term loss of motor functions or numbness, like a low taser setting. Stronger ones would completely overload the neurons in the body and cause pain and overload of the entire nervous system.

Also, your spam just makes me feel less like posting there.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Gymno has a point on the Newspaper... Put it in your sig or do something.

Tacogeddon

Pokemonidae
    Years
    One has to wonder how Porygon can even exist, while it is artificial, it's apparently not a robotic being, as the description says it's "made completely out of programming code" yet it's obviously quite solid and alive. Unless Silph Co. has a 3D printer that can also endow a programmed AI with form.

Back