• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

REAL Reputation Abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I think the posting ban in unnecessary. =\ If we find users breaking PC rules through rep, we can move them into that new group. Since they can't use rep anymore, the other steps wouldn't be needed. And if they use things like PMs/posts to attack members, we'll deal with them as we would any other case.

…and I didn't realize this was in Announcements. Heh heh. <_<

Anyways, opinion still stands; we should just disable their rep if we find them leaving comments such as that.

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
    -_-;;

How can they continue to abuse it (and get the following consequences) if they're banned from rep? --;
    nobody likes you
    My latest rep. o_o

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
    I haven't looked at my reps, but I totally hate the system. It's completely anonymous and it's a great way to flame people. I say, take off the rep system alltogether, it's not useful like reporting and private messaging.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    meh i do feel the rep system has gotten outta hand.. i got a red block yesterday from some1 who said that they hate my ava O.o

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 10, 2005
    I understand how the rep has been abused. I recently got a strange reputation with the comment "She thinks she's the ****" Luckily, the member was new, so it was neutral rep. =/

Get-Low

S??xzor a.k.a Get-Low
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 7, 2004
    Unknown Member in Reputation System said:
    your a fag
    Another Unknown Member in Reputation System said:
    if you dont like my calm down then **** off
    One more Unknown Member in Reputation System... said:
    you suck,crystal clear is lame booo!
    Ive received 3 bad reputations,One think it was some guy at the sprite forums,the other one might have been extraordinary and the other i got no idea.
    Anyways since i came back with this username i got this reputation :
    Unknown Member (Prolly Jason) said:
    I think that one was jason duh.
    I didint really evade my ban,if not that i got permission from a moderator to do so.
    Anyways those lame abusers should stop this.
    This isnt really good -_-

Get-Low

S??xzor a.k.a Get-Low
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 7, 2004
    YEah? well ive had bad reputation for no reason since i 1st came up and apologize with this username.
    I must of have 0 reputation poits ;_;

PichuSecretBase

Web Site Critique
    Years
    WINONA PAIRED WITH FLANNERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE **** WERE YOU THINKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????? Okay, I feel better (Rereads post and gets POed again)
    by someone who I will PM Kairi the name of.

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Are people really abusing it this badly? Maybe disabling is something we should consider. For now though, I'll look into those, and remove them/move the offenders into the no-rep group.

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Okay, with PSB's that was too long ago to prosecute for now…the others should be okay. Gah this is going to be a chore though. @_@

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    i kinda liked it better when Rep at PC wasnt really a big deal...
    I think the rep stuff started getting out of hand during the summer...July?
    IMO, it wasnt the spam that killed the crush thread, it was those "gimme rep" posts all over there -_- *misses poor crush thread* XD

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    And to think at one time we was thinking of ways to get members to use the rep system more. I do think reps are getting way, way out of hand. You now got a bunch of members just going around giving bad rep for nothing.

Like said before, anyone who does this will be put in the new usergroup. I am kind of fed up with all the members going around giving bad rep for nothing. I know it's just rep, but the members getting the rep is not liking it and is starting threads about it.

deathbyalice

Linden
    Years
    JKaizer said:
    -_-;;

How can they continue to abuse it (and get the following consequences) if they're banned from rep? --;My latest rep. o_o
    Wow, that's ridiculous. I have been having that problem too. except, they won't even type in "why" they are giving me the bad rep. They just give it to me. I got bad rep just for saying I did not know how to make hacks.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    Maybe we should have a bad rep-reporting thread, where you report bad rep points that you got for a stupid reason. Then the Praetors/Admins can look into it, considering they can see who gave who rep. We'd probably have to add it to the rules though...

Anarchytekt

Techlord
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Aug 16, 2006
    Hmmm....All this made me look for a solution and I thought of a reasonable one. You can accept it if you want, but don't diss me if you don't like it. This is a suggestion, I can't implement it as u know, so dont diss me for this.
    Maybe we can completely remove the disapprovals side and keep only the I approve thing. So that way we don't have to remove the rep system and no one will be able to abuse it either. So only if someone really likes a post they can approve...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back