• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rebirth Revolution Clan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystery2009

The Legacy Begins Now
    Years
    you could say that, but if you slip up im going to sweep you. thats why its not easy battling beserkers.

i also use various other battle styles, so i know what im talking about for the most part.

even most stall teams can fail to an all out sweeper team so that is why i can defend this s battling style
    (me being a person beating a stall team with only sweepers)

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    walls? no you dont NEED walls. I find it very easy to battle without walls. And before going on saying my opponent will just wall me. thats why there are mixed sweepers. So no you dont.

The chance a full-on sweep team will success is very, very rare. So yes, for most, you need walls.

you could say that, but if you slip up im going to sweep you. thats why its not easy battling beserkers.

i also use various other battle styles, so i know what im talking about for the most part.

even most stall teams can fail to an all out sweeper team so that is why i can defend this s battling style
    (me being a person beating a stall team with only sweepers)

Slip up? If ANYBODY slips up, walls or not, it could cost them the match. So that is moot-point. Revenge killers/Stat uppers can be easily countered by phazers or walls that can wall that specific type.

As for mixed sweepers, they are dangerous, but there are specific counters for them. Look at Mixape, Vaporeon, Cruel, and Starmie completely, utterly counter it. Why? Light weight, poison type, etc...

So, unless you have a flawless sweeper team, you're gonna need walls.

Mystery2009

The Legacy Begins Now
    Years
    we just have different points of view

and for everyone of my counters i always have a counter. there is no real way to counter a team like that unless you know whats on it. and there is no way to fully counter a team without unbalencing yours if you were to think about it ^^
    your turn

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    You have a point there, but you have a way to make sure nothing hits too hard. For example, I got rid of Skarmory for Gliscor so I can counter Heracross. But now I have a 4x ice weakness. No problem, Blissey handles that while Gliscor handles incoming fighting attacks. I can't take physical ice attacks too well with Blissey, but I'm not gonna be done in by them anytime soon.

For example, a Close Combat from a Flame Orb'd Hera did about 13%-21% on my Gliscor in one match. That would've been a brutal OHKO. An ice beam from Swampert would OHKO Gliscor, but do little do nothing on Blissey.

Same with protecting sweepers. You need things like status to make sure you can take out things. Say your team is Heracross/Mixape/Electivire/Salamence/Starmie/Gengar. The enemy team has Skarmory/Blissey/Cresselia/Gliscor. Say you lead with Mence and the enemy leads with Blissey. Once you switch, say it Toxic stalls you. Heracross gains Guts boost! But Gliscor walls it. You switch to Starmie but it walls you. You switch to Mixape, Toxic stalled. You can TRY to switch into Hera, but soon, it's gonna die from Poison. And walls usually have recovery moves (good ones at least)

GeneralGuy

Competitive Pokémon Expert
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2010
    walls? no you dont NEED walls. I find it very easy to battle without walls. And before going on saying my opponent will just wall me. thats why there are mixed sweepers. So no you dont.
    If you want to win, you ****ing need walls. If your entire team is just sweepers, you'll get crippled by walls or opposing pokemon who are faster and stronger than you.

Mystery2009

The Legacy Begins Now
    Years
    i predict in that case. and who said i didnt carry status users also
    what about pursuit?
    and i can systematically kill walls with trappers like magnezone and dugtrio. you also fail to remember things like perish trappers

as i said before it takes alot to beat a team like that. especially if your battling an experienced who is a master predictor.

your turn

Captain Basch

Vagrant
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2008
    Greetings

I am Captain Basch, and I'm interested in this clan. I like your rules and your policies, and so I'd be happy to lend my sword to you.

Anyone feel like testing me? Just let me know.

Mystery2009

The Legacy Begins Now
    Years
    ill test you both cya on wifi ill pm you my fc gl
    koz goes first then you basch

for koz and captain basch

Strategy: 5/5
    Knowlegde on Physical and Special Attacks: 5/5
    Knowlegde on Type differences: 5/5
    Ability to guess what opponet is going to do: 5/5
    Winning: 0/0.5 winning will score you an extra .5 points

4.5 score
    both of these guys seem to be really good my recommendations are elite

Last edited:

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
    Years
    tbh I never seen the need to use walls in an offensive team, most of the time it erupts into a great stallfest.

I don't use any walls by their strict definition, but my team always has a few tanks to take hits when needed and hit back hard, such as Heatran, Zapdos and such.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    If you want to win, you ****ing need walls. If your entire team is just sweepers, you'll get crippled by walls or opposing pokemon who are faster and stronger than you.

WRONG.

If you didn't notice, they're are plenty of successful teams without walls. It's called offense. It's how I play competitively, and the only way I play for that matter.

You need to put use to weaknesses and resistances to supply your sheer power. I've used a team of 6 sweepers and done completely fine. Heck, I'm known for it, I'm called BerserkerBeachy for that reason. I win all the time with sweepers galore, there's nothing wrong with it, it's just a tough play style for many to use effectively. You have to have great prediction. Crippled by walls? Taunt and set up say hi.

Many people can utterly fail offensively. But throw security blanket walls out the window, and blow the opponent out of the water, I love it. A lot of teams can't handle such an overload. So, me and my entire philosophy completely disagree. :D Of course, you can't just throw 6 random sweepers together, you can't throw 6 random Pocket Monsters for anything. (Sometimes that does work though, depending on the skill level) ^^;

Okay, little rant done. ;D

Mystery2009

The Legacy Begins Now
    Years
    tbh I never seen the need to use walls in an offensive team, most of the time it erupts into a great stallfest.

I don't use any walls by their strict definition, but my team always has a few tanks to take hits when needed and hit back hard, such as Heatran, Zapdos and such.

(nods aggreinyly) ^^ told ya guys. it takes skilll to throw 6 random sweepers in
    to build a team built on just sweepers ^^

WRONG.

If you didn't notice, they're are plenty of successful teams without walls. It's called offense. It's how I play competitively, and the only way I play for that matter.

You need to put use to weaknesses and resistances to supply your sheer power. I've used a team of 6 sweepers and done completely fine. Heck, I'm known for it, I'm called BerserkerBeachy for that reason. I win all the time with sweepers galore, there's nothing wrong with it, it's just a tough play style for many to use effectively. You have to have great prediction. Crippled by walls? Taunt and set up say hi.

Many people can utterly fail offensively. But throw security blanket walls out the window, and blow the opponent out of the water, I love it. A lot of teams can't handle such an overload. So, me and my entire philosophy completely disagree. :D Of course, you can't just throw 6 random sweepers together, you can't throw 6 random Pocket Monsters for anything. (Sometimes that does work though, depending on the skill level) ^^;

so many options so many ways to do it. i think we about got it all figure out and how to pull it off. walls are "dead weight" if you dont have a ingenious design on how to use them. sure you have walls. sure both your walls support eacth other. question is do they support the other 4 or move members of your team the same way.
    Me, i battle with every type of team. if its ss rain sunnyday stall standard ou bl and ect, i know how to play. telling me 6 sweepers arnt capable of winnnig just wont cut it. it depends on alot of factors and ultimatly the players skill.

these guys are just other examples of other players who can also pull of an all sweeper team. so just like our sweepers we cleaned house thanx guys ^^

Last edited:

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    aight guys...im gonna leave PC for awhile...I'll still be on Pokemon Epiphany though so yeah...you guys'll need to...:\

GeneralGuy

Competitive Pokémon Expert
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2010
    WRONG.

Enjoy losing to the more competitive teams.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back