• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Recent Gaming Purchases?

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    The San Andreas remake for the 360 recently joined my collection a couple of days ago. Haven't played past the first mission bc I've been busy and haven't wanted to play while feeling preoccupied, but it's soooo weird how it still has 2004 graphics while looking modern as hell.

I'm not looking forward to goddamn Big Smoke screaming at me to follow the damn train, or that Ryder mission with the bloody fork lift, or ANY of the Catalina missions. Not so much as touching any of the Zero missions. I could use cheats, but I read that they disable achievements :(
    At least they made improvements like checkpoints and what not. Time to go get fucked up.

pkmin3033

...what haven't I bought recently, jeez. I've spent far too much money as of late. Mostly because with my giving up trophy hunting I've been buying titles that I'd never want to plat but would like to play. So, since my last post, I have bought...

- Hyrule Warriors Legends Limited Edition, plus the season pass. Which I will never regret thanks to the announcement of Marin as a DLC character. MARIN! I even made £15 back by selling my Wii U code for the new characters! The compass watch is freakin' massive though; I was expecting a pocketwatch, not a clock. God knows what I'm going to do with it...hang it up on my wall, maybe.
    - Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection. I got this cheap, and I figured it was about time I gave these games a chance anyway. I could have picked them up for about the same price second hand on the PS3, so I'm satisfied. Whether I'll get Uncharted 4 or not because of this remains to be seen. Probably not until it's dropped in price dramatically.
    - Assassin's Creed Syndicate. Same as above, and whilst I didn't care for the first game, this one has a more interesting setting. After something like eight games between now and then it's probably time I gave this series a second chance, too.
    - God of War Ascension. This is the only GoW title I didn't have and haven't played at least once, and I got an irrational urge to replay the series the other week. As far as the games go, I'd say it's probably the third best, after III and Ghost of Sparta.
    - Nights of Azure. Despite the incomplete localisation, this is my sort of game. Getting very strong Utena vibes from it...
    - Dark Souls III. I might just make it a point of pride to platinum this, since I did for the other Souls titles, and will eventually for Bloodborne too probably. It's my defiance at the statement that these games are actually hard - Demon's Souls was, but Dark Souls wasn't so bad (outside of a couple of bosses...you know the ones) and Dark Souls II was pathetic. I wonder how I'll find this when it arrives.
    - Pokemon White 2. It's the only one mother and I didn't have between us. Mother is playing it right now.
    - Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance. This is ridiculously hard to find these days, and I found it in GAME second-hand with the manual and AR cards included for half-price! I might give it a try at some stage, although I'm probably going to sell it on.
    - The Witch and the Hundred Knight: Revival Edition. Why why WHY did I buy this? I never really got into the PS3 version...but then, it was a slow-loading, glitch-ridden mess. I've been getting urges to play it again (or try to) recently, so I figured I'd give the PS4 version a try.
    - Trillion: God of Destruction. Been looking forward to this for a while.
    - Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift. Not sure why I sold this in the first place...must have needed the money. Bought another copy off eBay the other day, won't be selling it this time around. xD

And I have preordered...

- 2 more copies of the Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition. I managed to get in both when GAME and the Nintendo UK store had stock up, so I went for both and cancelled my Amazon.de preorder. Whether I'll sell the spare back at cost to an acquaitance of mine or sell it for a ridiculous amount on eBay remains to be seen. Mother is very pleased, though. I even get to keep the coin and the 3DS theme that comes with the Nintendo store copy. Lucky, lucky me!
    - Final Fantasy XV's premium edition. The one with the Kingsglaive DVD, not the outrageously priced limited edition with the anime and figurine on top of that which sold out within about five minutes on the Square Enix store...not that I didn't think about it. Not hyped at all for this game, but...eh. Why not. Better to have it preordered in case I want it.
    - Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness limited edition. The ludicrously expensive (well, £85 isn't TOO bad) Square Enix store exclusive one. This one I have no regrets over. It's STAR OCEAN. This will probably be my Game of the Year, and I'm quite happy to shell out the extra cash for the pretty waste of money stuff that comes with it.
    - Yo-kai Watch. I've thought about this off and on, and I figured I might as well. I should probably try the demo first, but if I don't like it mother will probably enjoy it; she's already expressed an interest in it.
    - Stranger of Sword City. DRPG on Vita? Count me in. I doubt this will hit the same heights as Demon Gaze did for me, but I'm looking forward to giving it a try anyway.

...and that's it. For the moment.

Years
  • Got South Park: The Stick of Truth off Steam because it was on sale. Played through it already, it was really good fun and considering I haven't watched the TV series before I found it hilarious!

Also bought Sonic Adventure 2 on Steam. Haven't really played it so far, I sort of get the feeling I would be able to play it easier with a controller.

Years
  • Also bought Sonic Adventure 2 on Steam. Haven't really played it so far, I sort of get the feeling I would be able to play it easier with a controller.

Sonic Adventure 2 is one of my favorite games of all time, for Sonic games that is (which I am a huge fan of, even the not so great ones). You will be needing a controller though as using WASD for movement is really hard and JKL (I think those are the defaults) for everything else is a mess too.

As for my purchases 2 days ago I bought Super Mario 3D World. I don't know if this game is really hard or really hard because I am trying to coordinate with a 7 year old when I do multiplayer...

pkmin3033

Incomplete? Is it because of Vita version not being localized or something I would 100% support? :D
    As you well know, I was thinking of the lack of dub, but...gods, YES. KT could definitely have afforded to bring this out on Vita at least as a digital-only title, and I would have bought it on both platforms too.

Years
  • Picked myself up a copy of Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney just earlier today. Was slightly surprised that store managed to have it, especially with it being a smaller store, but I'm not going to complain. Nice having it to play once I finally get through the trilogy I got before.

pkmin3033

Oh, eBay, eBay. Why do you do this to me?

I just won all three Etrian Odyssey DS games at a fairly reasonable price, considering the second and third games are ridiculously hard to find for anything less than full RRP. No import charges, either!

I shouldn't have bought these, but...well, eh. I have a little surplus cash from things and I've wanted these for my collection of DS titles for aaaaages. I'm expanding it slowly, but surely.

VanillaMiltank

GET SOME MILK
    Years
  • Ordered the Disney Infinity 'Villains' 3-Pack earlier - It has Davy Jones, Randall Boggs, and Syndrome (I am so into Infinity right now, lol) I LOVE it!!! ^^

pkmin3033

Went into town...picked up both Tales from the Borderlands and Ratchet and Clank for PS4. Because I'm in a lousy mood and I thought why the hell shouldn't I. I expect it'll come back to haunt me later, but I don't care at the moment - I finished Bloodborne last night and I need something to play, and nothing is leaping out at me. I've been meaning to get into R&C for a while now anyway.

Stranger of Sword City also turned up...but Yokai Watch didn't. I expect it'll come tomorrow, but considering I ordered them together I'm a bit miffed at GAME for not shipping them together.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Bought Shantae and the Pirate's Curse for the 3DS. That game has been on my list for quite a while, so seeing it on the newest Humble Bundle was a nice surprise.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Bought Hyper Light Drifter just yesterday. Seems like it's one of those more difficult titles, as I've seen people compare it to Dark Souls.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • Well last night I went to GameStop for the 9 PM release of Battleborn. So I picked that up. Course I also preordered Lego Star Wars The Force Awakens and Pokemon Moon. I also got the card for the Darkrai event. Back on Sunday, I added more money to my Steam account and bought the following games:
    9 Clues: The Secret of Serpent Creek
    Classic Explorers Pack (contains three classic games)
    Best of Us
    The Sea Eternal

Back