• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Reck's Sprite Expo

Reck

?????
Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    may I use these for my hack?
    Yup sure, just make sure to give me credit

I dig the gym in the top picture, gives off a phenac city like vibe!
    Thanks.

I just updated with two new tiles. I'm considering redoing all of Kanto. Because I don't know about you all but I absolutely love firered, but hate the fact the graphics are well... sub par. And I think I may redo all of the Kanto region, tiles and all other sprites and import them into firered. What do you all think?

Alomar

Follow me on Twitter @Daubs
    Years
  • I just updated with two new tiles. I'm considering redoing all of Kanto. Because I don't know about you all but I absolutely love firered, but hate the fact the graphics are well... sub par. And I think I may redo all of the Kanto region, tiles and all other sprites and import them into firered. What do you all think?

I fully agree, Firered is a great game, which is why im hacking it over ruby, and the tiles are meh at best. i cant stand them so im currently just using the ones off shiny gold, still gives that kanto feel but looks way better.

cant wait to see what you come up with! Ill probably use some of your tiles in my hack hah

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Well your welcome to them as long as I get credit.

And I just updated the tiles. I added more grass tiles, ocean, trail, pokemart, and I did a few other edits here and there.

Also, heres the current progress on Pallet Town
    34g56jk.png

Last edited:

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
    Years
  • Well your welcome to them as long as I get credit.

And I just updated the tiles. I added more grass tiles, ocean, trail, pokemart, and I did a few other edits here and there.

34g56jk.png
    Now this is what i call splendid reck..real nice..
    I certainly love the their shadows, the building that is, real nice man..
    nice..
    I love if you use a darker outline for the outlines instead of like some of your other tiles which don't have a dark outline.

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • Well your welcome to them as long as I get credit.

34g56jk.png
    Most things look great, but the grass looks very blockish. The reason for this is that all the light spots form a column, and the dark spots form a column. You should probably try to scatter the dots around a bit more, or create four tile grass instead of one tile grass. I would suggest doing lighter outlines on the buildings, so that they match those of the trees, and don't look out of place. Lastly the border on the water doesn't look natural. It looks almost more like a pool with dirt edges that has motion. Once again the tiles are great, I just personally think that they need a tad of tweeking.

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016

Now this is what i call splendid reck..real nice..
    I certainly love the their shadows, the building that is, real nice man..
    nice..
    I love if you use a darker outline for the outlines instead of like some of your other tiles which don't have a dark outline.
    Thanks.

Most things look great, but the grass looks very blockish. The reason for this is that all the light spots form a column, and the dark spots form a column. You should probably try to scatter the dots around a bit more, or create four tile grass instead of one tile grass. I would suggest doing lighter outlines on the buildings, so that they match those of the trees, and don't look out of place. Lastly the border on the water doesn't look natural. It looks almost more like a pool with dirt edges that has motion. Once again the tiles are great, I just personally think that they need a tad of tweeking.
    I'll get around to the grass thing one day and the outlines. But I did just fix the water the dirt simulates sand and the wore away grass btw.

I just added a few things like the gate house, another building and ledges, so some comments would be great.

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    no one feel like commenting? lol well i updated and have an incomplete map of the first two towns and first route of Kanto which shrunk for some reason :/ I added some things to so comments on the new stuff would be great!

EDIT:
    I fixed the size problem with the map

Last edited:

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Wow, thanks for all the comments... well i just added a few things, so maybe some comments?

Also, I am in need of someone to import my tilesets into pokemon firered with advance map. No need to map, just import. If you're interested PM me and we can talk about it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    Your Pallet Town is missing the Fences.

Other then that really good maps and tiles congratz

Zadow

Pokemon Ebony Developer
    Years
  • Wow Reck, your tiles have come a long way from what I remember!
    I'm really impressed, I'm saving your tilesets, I think some of your tiles may come in handy. I might change some palettes or colours up a bit to match the style of my game though, if you don't mind. ^^
    (I'll remember to credit you, I have a list :P )
    The only thing that sticks out in my mind as off, is the grass to rock transition on your water tile, it seems a little straight and unatural. Of course that's just my opinion, ^^
    Overall, your tiles are awesome. Don't give up, people will come to you, you have great potential, and work here.

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Your Pallet Town is missing the Fences.

Other then that really good maps and tiles congratz

Yeah i know lol i just hadn't sprited them yet when i made the map, they're in now though.

Wow Reck, your tiles have come a long way from what I remember!
    I'm really impressed, I'm saving your tilesets, I think some of your tiles may come in handy. I might change some palettes or colours up a bit to match the style of my game though, if you don't mind. ^^
    (I'll remember to credit you, I have a list :P )
    The only thing that sticks out in my mind as off, is the grass to rock transition on your water tile, it seems a little straight and unatural. Of course that's just my opinion, ^^
    Overall, your tiles are awesome. Don't give up, people will come to you, you have great potential, and work here.

Thanks. Ill probably get around to modifying it sometime, lol

-----

I just updated the tiles and map, a few redoes and some new things, comments if you all wouldn't mind would be great.

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Yet another update. More tiles and a new route added to the kanto map. Comments anyone?

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Wow, i really like the tall houses, i might use them for my hack (pokemon Raging Fury, on progressing hacks) and i'll be sure to give credits to you. :)

Thanks man, ill be sure to check your hack out one of these days.

---

I just updated by adding another road, and the pokemon league building so comments please(it has a purple roof cause Kanto has the "indigo" league, get it? haha)

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    I just updated again... I see I have no comments, but lots of views, sooo maybe someone could find time to comments? :/

But anyway, I added a house, museum, and an updated pokecenter

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    It helps if you put the newest sprites (updates or not) in your post. On that note, I really don't like the Pokemon Center. The colouring is too dull. It should be more vibrant. And I like the Museum for the exact same reason.

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    i love them. i definately not an expert, but they're awesome.

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    I just would like to let you guys know that I might resume work on my tiles in a few weeks once my schedule lightens up. I'm assuming the forum rules have remained unchanged and I am able to revive this thread as I am the author. So, I would like to ask if you guys would like me to continue with where I left off or perhaps take a new approach?

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • It appears that you still can revive threads, at least that part of the rules hasn't changed in a while. I currently like the style your tiles are/were in, so if it were up to me I'd say continue with that. Also welcome back!

Back