• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Reck's tile showcase

Which tileset looks like it was made with better quality?

• Tileset 1

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Tileset 2

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016

The Pokemon Center will look better if you used a brighter Gray (well Silver)
    But either way it looks great, nice job looking for more

:t354:TG
    Thanks... but i prefer the darker gray... thanks for the C+C though.

They are really good, I would maybe suggest adding some shadows to the houses, but that is all.

Forgive me if it has been said but I don't want to look through five pages.
    Do you mind if I use some of the houses in my Pokémon game? They match mine so well and it would be very helpful to use them.

I'll think about the shadows. And the tiles are all all public so bee my guest.

And i updated the first post with a poke gym.

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    I updated to first post with two new houses and a water... would be very nice to get some comments.

Years
    Quick crit for tileset 3 (I don't have time for full crit right now):

Okay, it's looking pretty good so far. The style is, overall, very well portrayed. Two things in general, though. Try to avoid solid outlines and remember to anti-alias.

The Mart, Gym, and PC are a bit bland, though. Try using support columns for the roof, or painted lines running around the walls. The shading could use a little improvement, too. Remember, the light source is in the upper left corner.

The tall building with the green roof is, perhaps, a bit too narrow. Try widening it out and making it a little taller.

The Olivine house's roof is a bit odd. Instead of making it solid straight lines, try making them curve a bit.

Pretty good, and I'll expand on this crit at a later date.

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Quick crit for tileset 3 (I don't have time for full crit right now):

Okay, it's looking pretty good so far. The style is, overall, very well portrayed. Two things in general, though. Try to avoid solid outlines and remember to anti-alias.

The Mart, Gym, and PC are a bit bland, though. Try using support columns for the roof, or painted lines running around the walls. The shading could use a little improvement, too. Remember, the light source is in the upper left corner.

The tall building with the green roof is, perhaps, a bit too narrow. Try widening it out and making it a little taller.

The Olivine house's roof is a bit odd. Instead of making it solid straight lines, try making them curve a bit.

Pretty good, and I'll expand on this crit at a later date.

Thanks! I worked on everything you said. Does it look better now?

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
    Reck's tile showcase

The two green houses on this are my favourite, I did ask if I could use them because of one after all. So I was wondering if you could make different colours of them? A purple one would be nice and unique in my opinion.

Back