• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Recolors & Fusions Thread

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 23, 2015
Your sprites seem a bit messy. What I would suggest first is you make sure you've got black outlines everywhere (if the Pokémon is black in colour, then make the black look dark grey, and make the outlines pitch black). Next, you may want to make clearer outlines :) In some places, they are inconsistent or jagged, and in some places, they are too large and overlap with the curve. Thirdly, you must make sure the fusion has equal elements of Pokémon. Something like the Tentacruel + Yveltal thing you did. The best way to do this is work with Pokémon that look similar (similar pose, same number of legs, etc.) first, and then go on with more complex stuff. I like the concepts, of your fusions, especially the Blastoise one. Keep up the good work!

Thank you! I'll be sure to go over them again and fix the outlines.

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years
Alright everyone today i bring you 3 technical recolors/fusions(as they feature original pokemon and some parts from others added to them) These 3 are going to be used in my rom hack Blackened Night, so if they are used please ask.
Lunareon:
KnObudb.png

Darkrai Midnight Form:
7QQyTIh.png

Garintina Midnight Form:
IDWCaXs.png

(this ones not quite done as I dont like how to bones are angeled.)

Hope you guys like them!

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Alright everyone today i bring you 3 technical recolors/fusions(as they feature original pokemon and some parts from others added to them) These 3 are going to be used in my rom hack Blackened Night, so if they are used please ask.
Lunareon:
KnObudb.png

Darkrai Midnight Form:
7QQyTIh.png

Garintina Midnight Form:
IDWCaXs.png

(this ones not quite done as I dont like how to bones are angeled.)

Hope you guys like them!

I like the design of the first one, but I'm not reading the concept properly. If it's supposed to be based off the moon, then why the selection of orange? Won't it be better in yellow? The Pokémon itself looks a bit stout, maybe the extra black outline below the head could be removed. The ears and the whatever-it-is protruding out of the forehead may need a bit of remodelling, though. The second ear could be made much shorter and the whatever-it-is orange scale could be more round and better shaped.

Darkrai looks a bit messy with the extra addons, because of the monocolour. The tail-spike may be made smaller and could extend out behind the arms, and it could be made white in colour, because it clashes a bit with the white-black concept.

I don't have much to say about Giratina, but the bone wing like you said could use a bit of remodelling. My advice is to angle the bones properly instead of c&ping it from other sprites.

A bit of scratch work and these concepts could really shine out!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 15, 2014
Thanks Nordk! Here's another I made of Mewtwo/Charizard today! I can't think of a name for it and I didn't wanna go with something cliche like Mewthree or anything so I guess its like "Mewtwo Flight Form" or something the rather. Enjoy everyone! Let me know which one is better!

Your Mewteo is one great idea, but Mewtwo doesn't really need wings...

I'm looking forward to see more from you xD

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Here is a blue Scyther my first recolor please be nice but also honest what do you think?

xRYHMnE

You mean this?

xRYHMnE.png

It's kind of cool, yeah. Very good for your first effort! My advice is that next time try selecting colours with less contrast. Meaning, try to make the lighter colours a bit darker and the darker colours a bit lighter, so that they can blend with each other more. Secondly, try not to use the default Paint colours given, because they are either too bright or too dull. Try mixing up your own colours over the colour wheel. Here's a little redo of that blue Scyther:

2cor0c9.png

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015

The blue lines, as you said, are quite messed up because you took a high luminescence value for the blue lines. Perhaps you could reduce the lum by a good amount?

Umm, me. I belong here.

2s7e255.jpg
2ldhleh.jpg

They were real easy designs and required little effort, tbh.

Can't really see the first one, because it seems to have been JPG'd. But by judging the second one all I can say is that the contrast on the orange should be a leetle bit higher and the dark orange outlines should be a bit darker. Also, the red horn object on Ralts suits better with the orange if you make it green.

Here are a few crazy species that came out when I was experimenting with fusion:View attachment 72082

View attachment 72083

View attachment 72084

View attachment 72085

View attachment 72086

I really like these fusions, you did a sweet job making them! You've got the concept down right, and I like the way you combined Vileplume with Poliwrath. The next thing I would suggest you do is simplification and shading. The Butterfree and Beedrill one, for example, looks a bit cramped up because of the joining of Beedrill's drills over the wings. I suggest you either change the colour of the drill or simplify the patterns of Butterfree's wings. Gengar's Alakazam moustache may be shortened a bit to reduce the overflow of it on the body. Perhaps the Ninetales's hair on Rapidash's body can be extended, because it seems a bit too short. The Poliwrath's body could use a bit of fixing because it looks a bit jagged after the resizing. Bellossom's skirt also should be fixed because it looks a bit awkwardly proportioned after you made it bigger.

Your concept is all complete, so a bit of scratchwork should do the trick!

Joexv

Years
Alright so ive fixed/redone the 3 recolors and fusions i posted a few weeks ago.
Garintina: redid the wings

Darkrai: removed the fire and cleaned up a little

Lunareon: redid almost the whole thing

Years
pokemon_fusion_collection_by_elitegengar-d68zauo.png

Here are some old fusions from my deviantart account. A few are awkward looking but there's some pretty good ones in there imo.

The blade arms outline is a bit messy, and the dark colours don't help to show off the details of the design. Like it otherwise.

I like the design but the shading needs sorting out a bit, it looks too flat. Some of the outlines could be smoothed out a bit too.

The Giratina one is awesome. :)

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015

I like the way you're combining concepts together, and most of them look really entertaining, so I'll give a job well done for this. I feel that your sprites have blended together really well, so the only thing I can say now is to give one Pokémon's patterns and body style for the whole sprite, instead of clashing them together. That way you'd start making realistic Pokémon from fusions!

Alright so ive fixed/redone the 3 recolors and fusions i posted a few weeks ago.
Garintina: redid the wings

Giratina is almost perfect! I commend you for your work.

What I may want to point out about Darkrai is that that tail is quite excessively long. You may want to bring it closer to Darkrai, like so:
darkrai_midnight_zps6dc722bc.png

It's just a quick fix, so it isn't really all that perfect, but you should get the idea.

Lunareon's new design looks really good, but it could use some shading near the neck area and some blueish designs over there like how there was orangeish ones in the previous sprite. Other than that, I like the new pose!

Last edited:

Joexv

Years
Alright so i fixed up darkrai and lunareon(again) and i made up 2 more fusions

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Alright so i fixed up darkrai and lunareon(again) and i made up 2 more fusions

I like the new Lunareon and Darkrai, they look a whole lot better now.And nice fusions, too, I really like the Magikarp one because you've nicely combined Charizard and Deoxys on Magikarp. The other one is kind of cool, too, maybe you can position the head more to the right? idk though but I hope you'll not stop making these lol

Joexv

Years
I like the new Lunareon and Darkrai, they look a whole lot better now.And nice fusions, too, I really like the Magikarp one because you've nicely combined Charizard and Deoxys on Magikarp. The other one is kind of cool, too, maybe you can position the head more to the right? idk though but I hope you'll not stop making these lol

Thanks for all the feedback!
In light of the hope that I will keep this up :P i made a few more.
(maybe I should just make a gallery lol)
And as a happy bonus I made a Flaafy spinning a cane and kinda dancing.

Serperion

The Fallen King
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
Thanks for all the feedback!
In light of the hope that I will keep this up :P i made a few more.
(maybe I should just make a gallery lol)
And as a happy bonus I made a Flaafy spinning a cane and kinda dancing.
I like the first one, it's consistent in colour and very well mixed, well done. I can't really complain at all about it.
The second is pretty cool however the left arm seems really weird, I mean I understand that you were making it less like Kangaskhan but you should have gone further and changed the right arm as well, overall pretty good.
The third one is a bit silly but still good, if you edited more of the back half of its body then it would be great.
I don't know how to comment on the fourth or fifth ones so yeah...
LABks0y.png
fMVYW15.png
9LgBmnn.png
04xn2FE.png
1cuIK74.png
3jeAmlU.png
D31WUUr.png

These are some ones I've done over the past months. The only one here that was inspired by another image was the Scolipede/Pikachu hybrid, if you know the image I'm referring too well done

Joexv

Years
I like the first one, it's consistent in colour and very well mixed, well done. I can't really complain at all about it.
The second is pretty cool however the left arm seems really weird, I mean I understand that you were making it less like Kangaskhan but you should have gone further and changed the right arm as well, overall pretty good.
The third one is a bit silly but still good, if you edited more of the back half of its body then it would be great.
I don't know how to comment on the fourth or fifth ones so yeah...
LABks0y.png
fMVYW15.png
9LgBmnn.png
04xn2FE.png
1cuIK74.png
3jeAmlU.png
D31WUUr.png

These are some ones I've done over the past months. The only one here that was inspired by another image was the Scolipede/Pikachu hybrid, if you know the image I'm referring too well done
the scolipede/pikachu hybrid gave me horrific yet pleasant nightmares, its pretty well done, the mouth could use a little bit of fix though.

Here are some more that ive been making. and i added some more parts to the furret.
wWrIi8c.png
g0zTnLW.png
KqH5i7W.png
mreMXJV.png
hA0tsrj.png
U3lLe8w.png
mmqECvP.png

Serperion

The Fallen King
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
Here are some more that ive been making. and i added some more parts to the furret.
wWrIi8c.png
g0zTnLW.png
KqH5i7W.png
mreMXJV.png
hA0tsrj.png
U3lLe8w.png
mmqECvP.png
I like the starter combinations personally I think the Charmander/Totodile Hybrid is the best but that's just because they're my favorite starters of those generations. Though I see a lot of potential in your Winged Charmeleon the colouring is pretty inconsistent, not in the creature itself but in the wings as the claws should be getting lighter on the front arm and darker on the back arm. Not much to say about Slowpoke/Pikachu,Charizard so good work on that one. I like your Vaporeon and Flareon Jigglypuffs but the Jolteon one should probably have the curl on the head become spiky to fit in with its overall design. Not much to say for a recolour. I love this furret creature you've created, it is unique and diverse in a lot of ways, if you plan on continuing to edit it good on you otherwise it looks fine as it stands. I'm not sure what you are planning to do with the Giratina but if you are after a true mix you should change more of it. Overall good job and keep going with what you feel you could make better.

Alright so until someone replies, I will continue adding any fusions I make to this post.
I8ui3Yx.png
AvXyhrt.png
Sk4zUtj.png
sYlmWUO.png

Last edited:
Years
Some of the edits I've seen in here are awesome!
Good work everyone~

Editing sprites, recoloring, is so much loff.
My Icon, siggy, and this
picture.php

. . . are all I've done with pokemon related images so far.
It's difficult working with such smaaaaall pixels.

But I've also worked on edits before using other videogame images.
(Kind of Off Topic, sorry)

Spoiler:

While I may not be as good or creative at
manipulating images as some people are, I really enjoy doing it.
And seeing other peoples modifications, similarly, brings me joy.

Back