• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Recommended animes to watch

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
Years
  • yes, i have watched the show before i watched the end on evangelion, but to understand the movie, u have to watch each episode like 4 times to understand lol
    Each episode 4 times, huh? Well, that explains why I understood it. xD

I'm hoping that the ending of the current/upcoming films will be a bit easier to comprehend.

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2011
    I may be rude but I would like too ask :
    What is "harem" ?
    What would you recommend if I like ecchi , comedy , action , drama and romance ? (okay I am weird)

Love Hina. You could call it an inverse of the 'harem' genre (see Deadmuffin's post for definition) in that it involves one man in a girls dormitory but they all pretty much hate him to begin with. He's trying to study to get into Tokyo university to keep a promise he made as a child to a lass whose name he can't even remember. In the meantime, he keeps getting on the wrong side of all the lasses, who reckon him to be a 'pervert' which is the main souce of the comedy aspect. So I think that's a pretty good bet for a jolly romp through comedy and romance territory. I would also recommend the manga.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2014
    if theres an anime you need:
    Deathnote (37)
    Ruruoni Kenshin (94)
    Yu Yu Hakusho (50+
    Dragonball Z (350+)

invisible-chan

~Pocky Goddess~
    Years
  • Ranma 1/2
    Strawberry Marshmallow
    Jubei-chan: Secret of the Eye patch
    Jubei-chan II: (something about) Siberia
    Gokudo Manyuki
    Space Pirate Mito

I'm sorry about the inaccurate titles, but I haven't seen some of them in a while. ^^;
    Just note that most of these are far from mainstream and you probably won't find most in your local Borders.

The_G'

Can I Has Some Friez?
    Years
  • Love Hina. You could call it an inverse of the 'harem' genre (see Deadmuffin's post for definition) in that it involves one man in a girls dormitory but they all pretty much hate him to begin with. He's trying to study to get into Tokyo university to keep a promise he made as a child to a lass whose name he can't even remember. In the meantime, he keeps getting on the wrong side of all the lasses, who reckon him to be a 'pervert' which is the main souce of the comedy aspect. So I think that's a pretty good bet for a jolly romp through comedy and romance territory. I would also recommend the manga.

I watched that (well not all). Its kinda funny.
    For some who like sci-fi I would reccommend Gundam 00. Really interesting

solopy567

Giga....Drill....BREAKER! !!!!
    Years
  • Thanks guys for all the recommendations

and for all the people who are also asking for anime, you are welcome to ask here too.

I would like people to stop recommending One Piece and Naruto

One Piece I watch, it was good but too long so I stopped
    Naruto I absolutely refuse to watch, sorry for all Naruto fans

Years
  • If you're really into music, specifically rock then I'd really recommend Beck dubbed. I love that anime so much. It's basically about a band trying to make it big.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • If you like experimental anime, go with Zetsubou Sensei/Zoku Zetsubou Sensei.
    Shinbou is a genius when it comes down to directing experimental stuff.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • If you like experimental anime, go with Zetsubou Sensei/Zoku Zetsubou Sensei.
    Shinbou is a genius when it comes down to directing experimental stuff.

Hah, just watched the first 5 seconds. It looks great so far @_@
    I'm guessing she saves him.

edit HAHA FUNNIEST THING EVER.

Manaphy1128

We're Making Gods
    Years
  • Well, the two I could think of with either blood/violence would be X/1999 and Karin. Notice that Karin only carries the blood part, but it's got a good story(that I haven't finished), so it'd be a good watch.

Beatrice

OH DESIRE
    Years
  • In no particular order:

Escaflowne
    Zetsubou Sensei
    Gundam Seed & Destiny
    Higurashi
    School Days
    Rurouni Kenshin
    Neon Genesis Evangelion

Those are some of my favorites. Escaflowne and Rurouni Kenshin especially..

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • If you're in the mood for something fluffy or uplifting, I highly recommend Cardcaptor Sakura. It runs a little slow at times, but the characters and animation sequences more then make up for it. If you're looking for something a bit more serious (at least after the first 5 or so episodes) I suggest Shuffle!, it held my interest the entire way, and there wasn't a single episode where I was wishing it'd go on and be over. The plot, characters, and over all feel are amazing, in my opinion :>

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • If you're in the mood for something fluffy or uplifting, I highly recommend Cardcaptor Sakura. It runs a little slow at times, but the characters and animation sequences more then make up for it. If you're looking for something a bit more serious (at least after the first 5 or so episodes) I suggest Shuffle!, it held my interest the entire way, and there wasn't a single episode where I was wishing it'd go on and be over. The plot, characters, and over all feel are amazing, in my opinion :>

Hehe, I used to love Cardcaptor when I was little, even though all the other boys told me I was gay for doing it. Well, in their faces.

Er, I just loved the card designs and concepts. I remember the Maze card which has no possible practical use, but served as a huge annoyance to all the characters in this one episode. I also liked the one which allowed people to walk through walls and the one that locked stuff.

Eheh.

Saruboy

Closet pokemon fan
    Years
  • Comedy: Project A-Ko, which parodies the crap out of several good, albeit old, (it was made in the 80's) animes, along with certain D.C. comic characters.

Also..... Akira, which I can't believe you didn't see yet....... but that's cool. Good, if somewhat confusing anime classic.

ryushin5

In College YAY! :3
    Years
  • I would recommend this anime that started recently it's called soul eater u should watch it

Back