• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Recruitment & Team Building

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoK3Matr1x

A ROM Hackerino ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Years
  • Hack name: Pokemon AquaBlue
    Hack of: FireRed
    Information about the hack:
    I have worked about a month on it so far.
    Story is still being worked on.
    Finished percentage: 15% roughly (it is in beta stage)
    Your hacking skills:Music, Sounds, Hex, Text Editing, Minor glitch fixing, Implementing GFX, ASM Compiling
    What help or skill you're looking for:Mapping, Scripting, and a Designer (for ideas for the hack, general structuring of the hack, story building)
    Additional contact information: gmail: [email protected]
    Additional information: Not much else to say so far.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Hey there, for all of you who posted looking for help or are thinking of posting, perhaps you could try out the Team Hack-off competition! Participants will be assigned to teams, and you can share your ideas for story/features with your team mates.

Years
  • Hack name: Pokemon Lunar Awakening
    Hack of: Pokemon Firered
    Information about the hack: Based around Cresselia and Darkrai, New Evil Team, New Characters, New Story, Editing Pokemon List
    Finished percentage: Like 1% maybe less
    Your hacking skills: Pokemon Editing, Ideas, Character Creation, Mapping, Mid-Level XSE Scripting
    What help or skill you're looking for: ASM Insertion, OW Insertion and Editing, Spriting, Image Editing, Sound Editing, Tile Editing

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 9, 2015
    Hack name: Pokemon Zircon Origins

Hack of: Fire Red (US)

Information about the hack: Get ready for a brand new adventure on the Ilmos region, unravel the mysteries surrounding the legendary pokemon and prevent Team Quasar from using them to cause the very end of the world itself! (Further spoilers to helpers)
    A lot of content planned (Mega Evolutions, World Championship) and some already implemented (556 total pokemon on the expanded pokedex with all legendaries obtainable), Storyline finished and ready to be implemented, Tilesets almost ready for map changing once core is finished.

Finished percentage: 5% (Working on World map, Titlescreen, Correction with Expanded Pokemon and then major changes planned)

Your hacking skills: Good at Graphics and basic scripting for now, will look into ASM soon, Bit of Hex and Sound editing.

What help or skill you're looking for:
    Spriter(More trainer/ Overworld one), ASM Help Scripter and General Help Scripter
    (Even if you aren't especially good with these i just like to chat and get critics at my ideas so don't worry)
    Additional contact information: Contact me on Skype at Filippo Gasparini or [email protected] via email

Thank you everyone!

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
  • Hack name:To be Decided
    Hack of: Some GBA rom
    Information about the hack: A friend and I both want to work on a hack, but we haven't started yet. We want to let every team member have an equal say in what goes into the hack.
    Finished percentage: Unstarted
    Your hacking skills: Spriting(All Around), Mapping, Scripting, some Assembly writing.
    What help or skill you're looking for: Anything really. Tile Inserters would be great, but anyone with a solid skill set would be welcomed!
    Additional contact information: VM/PM here
    Additional information:

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Sep 7, 2015
    Hack name: Pokemon Clover
    Hack of: Firered with Mr.Dollsteak's Decap/attack rombase
    Information about the hack: We are the 4chan-based romhack currently in the progressing threads section, all relevant infomation can be found in our thread.
    Finished percentage: Approximately 10 -15%
    Your hacking skills: Edting text, inserting pokemon data, light scripting (still learning XSE), however my development team also covers spriting, graphics insertion, XSE scripting, and light-advance mapping.
    What help or skill you're looking for: I am currently looking for more experienced XSE scripters and Advance map users, as well as people who can manage tilesets, create custom move animations, and arange and insert music with Sappy.
    Additional contact information: You can contact us on our /vp/ thread on 4chan as well, we can usually be found on the first few pages, if not check the catalog for "Pokemon Clover"
    Additional information: If you want to help please PM me. Also provide information about your timezone to help me better coordinate contact. Afterwhich we can chat on the Clover IRC.

Tryndamere

the Barbarian King.
    Years
  • Hack name: Pokemon Story of the Rocket.
    Hack of: Pokemon Fire red(U)
    Information about the hack: A Pokemon game dedicated to Team Rocket which predominantly involves stealing Pokemon instead of battling them. We are a grunt in Team Rocket's recruitment centre. The story involves climbing up the Team Rocket ladder.
    Finished percentage:Just started so 0%.
    Your hacking skills:- Scripting and Mapping.
    What help or skill you're looking for:- Everyone is Welcome. I need all types of hackers(Scripters, Mappers, Spriters, Beta testers, ASM hackers, Tile Inserters, Story Writers(I want humorous jokes))
    Additional contact information: PM me.
    Additional information: This game is going to be very Script heavy.

Last edited:

UkitakeJuushiro

Captain of the 13th division.Sogyo no Kotowari's m
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen May 28, 2015

Hack name: Pokemon Alpha Cobalt
    Hack of: Fire Red
    Information about the hack: You are living in a small town and you want to become a Pokemon Trainer,but there aren't people who would give you a starter Pokemon.One day Oak comes to your town and gives you and your friends a Pokemon,but they are not the Pokemons which he intended to give you.He sends you to his colleague- Professor Pine to get some documents and to get your actual starter pokemon.From this point,your adventure begins.
    Finished percentage: Somewhere between 0 and 1%
    Your hacking skills: Mapping and Tile inserting
    What help or skill you're looking for: Scripters.I can do everything else,but I need scripters,because I'm not that good(I can't script large events),plus it will be too much work for me.
    Additional contact information: PM me for contact info.

Some additional info: I want to create a working and stable beta version up to the 2nd gym leader.We don't have to create a fully completed game,we just have to create a working and stable,yet not completed beta version.

^The project has been frozen,due to problems with my computer.Also,I have to re-write the story and create a new world map(This will probably affect the in-game maps too).I have a lot of stuff to do,but stay tuned.

//Excuse me for my bad English//

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Hack Name: Eve of Eons

information about hack: A brand new story that takes place in two new regions, and even a new planet. it is focused around a planet from which eevee and its eeveelutions originated. Over 110 brand new eeveelutions.

Finished Percentage: 1%

my Hacking skills: mapping,scripting,story-writing, and a bit of sprite-making.

What help or skill I'm looking for: Sprites to make front,back,and icon sprites of all the new eeveelutions. Also a good scripter to help me out because i'll be mostly doing maps and storyline things.

Additional contact informational: Pm me

Additional information: I just started this project about a week ago, but I work on it everyday for at least a few hours.

Last edited:

AceRoku

Dev of Pokemon Flare
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 21, 2015
    Hack name: Pokemon Flare (WIP)
    Hack of: Pokemon FireRed
    Information about the hack: Flaea region (wip) is inhabited with mystifying creatures called pokemon. A secret organization is operating in the region. They are planning on conquering the world using a mystical force.While they are excavating on a cave to find the mystical force , they awaken a sleeping pokemon.

Meanwhile, a young trainer who was saved by a gym leader when he was 9 ought to set a new adventure to become the ultimate pokemon master. Along the way, he meet the members of this secret organization. He didnt knew that he was destined to get rid of team domination and stop tir plan before it was too late!
    Finished percentage: Like 1%
    Your hacking skills: A bit of Scripting and mapping but I have a lot of great ideas currently on my mind.
    What help or skill you're looking for: I need mappers and scripters atm
    Additional contact information: If you want to contact me, leave me a VM/PM.
    Additional information: Thanks for reading.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    Hack name: Pokemon Destinies
    Hack of: Pokemon Fire Red
    Information about the hack: A game based on the conflict between making choices and destiny(As the name implies). The player is one of five young trainers dubbed 'trainer prodigies' who are set to become some of greatest trainers in the world. The antagonist challenges the resolve of the player and forces them to make big decisions throughout the game
    Finished percentage:I have a lot of ideas for fakemon, plot and characters but, knowing progress is being made will definately help with motivation to finish the plot.
    Your hacking skills: I have basic mapping and scripting skills I also have coding knowledge but its minimal
    What help or skill you're looking for:Scripting(Mainly for eventing I'm more than happy to deal with the tedious NPC and plot scripts), Mapping and sprite artist(For both fakemon and overworld sprites), Maybe even tiles aswell but that isnt crucial at the moment
    Additional contact information:PM me, I'm new to the forum but I'll be checking regularly
    Additional information:I intend to make a completely fresh poke'dex of about 170 so spriting will be a heavy job, I'm always happy to listen to fresh ideas(If they dont completely contradict something else, then I'll always try to include it) and please only message me if you're commited for the long run. If you're a sprite artist and are interested I have some rough sketches of some of the fakemon for you to go off of

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hack name: Pokemon FireRed X (Current name, will change in the future)
    Hack of: Pokemon FireRed
    Information about the hack: The hack will be an improved difficult version of FireRed with little to drastic changes in the terrain and Pokemon
    Finished percentage: I'd say about a 1.5%, I started today so I can say I'm making lots of progress
    Your hacking skills: Mapping, story writing, little scripting
    What help or skill you're looking for: I'm looking for the following:
    Mappers willing to patch up some mistakes I make and make little to drastic changes in different maps
    Spriters willing to make map sprites and maybe some Pokemon sprites
    Scripters willing to add/edit scripts in the game and teach me in their spare time
    Co-Manager that'll help me manage goals and dates
    Co-writer that can think of good in-game events to be able to catch legendaries not normally obtainable
    and you can have more than one position.
    Additional contact information:
    PM
    my email which I will reveal through PM
    Skype which will also be revealed through PM
    Additional information: For screenies PM me

Years
    • Age 32
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 16, 2015
    Hack name/Hack of: (Looking for team)

-Created 150 fakemons(front/back sprites)
    -Many multiple maps

Hacking skills:
    -Mapping
    -Spriting(fakemon/trainer/map/overworld)
    -Yape(inserting pokemon data)
    -OW editing
    -tile inserting/creating
    -Character creating
    -Fakemon cry creating

What help you're looking for:
    -Available to add these 150 fakemons and some maps in game.

Send me a PM if your interested.
    *Willing to help as much possible.

xboxmandude

Rom Hacker
    Years
  • Name of hack
    Fire red revamp
    Info...
    Its basically a graphical revamp of fire red making it look cooler
    Mayb some new music... Etc

Percent completed 60

My skills?
    Title screen editing, ow editing, map editing, various tools
    Basic hex....I know how to do some pretty basic graphical hacking
    No scripting skills

Help needed:

Someone who can re make all the over world sprites in wesleyfg style
    But in the original pallets
    Someone who can insert tiles
    Script for prof. Oak to give nationalpokedex at the start of the game.

I need All the tiles, not the buildings, to look like hgss
    So trees grass water , indoors

what I've done so far
    Ds pokemon front + back
    Ds trainers
    Bw style text box
    New in battle text box
    Exp bars
    Title screen
    Intro screens
    Ending credits

pm me

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 2, 2016
    Hack name: Pokemon Taken

Hack of: Pokemon Fire Red

Information about the hack: The Great Pokemon War has ended the badge system. In the war your father, a gym leader, is killed. His only pokemon to survive the war was his pikachu (who is now your best friend and only pokemon). You wake up one day to find Team Rocket stealing your pikachu! You receive a pokemon from Professor Oak in hopes of tracking down Team Rocket and saving Pikachu!

Finished percentage:10%-30% (mapping is 80% complete)

Your hacking skills: good with mapping, sprites, basic is scripting

What help or skill you're looking for: help with scripting mostly, but will be happy for help with anything

Additional information: This game is meant to be more about the journey. It is intended to give a nice journey through amazing and some familiar lands (I have integrated things from Zelda, Game of Thrones, life, etc.) with minor story-line or purpose. This game will have no badge system and no elite four. Instead the trainer will be forced to battle significantly harder trainers (for the region/city) in order to receive clues/items that allow you to proceed in the game. although I have pretty much already planned the story-line and map, I an open to change this to include other fandoms any group members may want.

Last edited:

xboxmandude

Rom Hacker
    Years
  • This is an update to my previous post....

Hack Name :Fire Red Revamp Edition

Percent completed
    Tiles :100%
    Mapping:20%
    Batlee Sprites:100%
    Over world Sprites:0%
    Text Boxes: 100%
    Title screen: 80%
    Scripts:10%

My skills?
    Basic Tile insertion, sprites editing, pallet editing,
    Very basic hex, some minor scripting, can use various hack tools...
    So basic graphical editing

Help needed?
    Spriter who can make the over worlds in hgss but in original pallets
    Scripter for some minor scripts like "Give Pokemon" or "Give Item"
    Or other random text and legendary Pokémon battle for celibi and mew
    Map designs... I'm expanding a few areas like viridian forest
    I could use a few ideas

Pm me :)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 19, 2015
    Hack name: Dopémon

Information about the hack: I'll keep it short since I don't want to give much away. This is not a traditional Pokémon game, which is why I call it Dopémon. You get to explore a new world full of obscure creatures called Dopémon, uncover the mysteries of shady individuals and local legends, and take on challenges that will alter history.

Finished percentage: ~0.1% of actual game content and ~10% of the story worked out.

Your hacking skills: I know how to do it all myself, however, I'm not a very talented artist.

What help or skill you're looking for: I'm looking for someone to help with Dopémon sprites. I can make decent front sprites, but I'm not very satisfied with the quality of my back sprites. Basically I just need someone who can make my sprites look better or, if I just can't get it right, make a back sprite to go with the front.

Whoever contributes will be given proper credit in the game and will also qualify to be placed in the game as one of the final bosses in the "final" dungeon with any, name, team, and dialogue they want. Or you could request another form of homage and I will try to work it in.

PM or request my other contact info.

econ

Government Necessity
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2023
    Hack name:
    Pokemon Rosso corsa
    Hack of:
    Pokemon Fire Red
    A journey in Kanto with a new hero and new maps, pokemon, trainers, ect.
    Finished percentage:
    20%
    Your hacking skills:
    Mapping, very little scripting, and sprites
    What help or skill you're looking for:
    scripting
    PM
    Additional information:

Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Oct 8, 2016
    Hack name: Pokemon Amp(ere)?
    Hack of: Pokemon Emerald
    Information about the hack: Takes place in the Hoenn Region, where Team Impedance has learned of an ancient pokemon with the ability to control minds. They set out to capture and harness its power to create an unstoppable army of pokemon. You, of course, have to stop them.
    Finished percentage: 1%
    Your hacking skills: Some scripting and sprite editing, as well as map editing.
    What help or skill you're looking for: A good sprite artist and perhaps a scripter.
    Additional contact information: Email: [email protected]
    Additional information:

Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Apr 10, 2015
    Hack name: Pokemon Shining Lapis

Hack of: Pokemon SoulSilver

Information about the hack: It will feature new characters and new Pokemon in a new region

Finished percentage: 5%

Your hacking skills: Scripting, Plot Building

What help or skill you're looking for: Trainer Spriting

My Skype Name is tritontyk
    Email is [email protected]

Additional information:
    Spriting is my main problem that is stopping my progress atm.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back